Forums are back in action! ×

What made you smile today?

That is gonna be one energetic beast.  I foresee a lot of long walks in your future.

ps other thing that made me smile: 80-something old man on the boardwalk, pushing his 80-something wife in a wheelchair.  Wife had a fluffy little dog on her lap.  All three of them appeared to be having a great morning.

That was one of the reasons we got her.  She's going to be my jogging coach. 

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I don't know if any of you will understand a word of this, but I think it's brilliant.

The song is called "We no spik (speak) no Whalsay" which is a bit of an in joke in Shetland.

Whalsay is one of the islands that make up shetland and has the strongest accent of all the islands. The joke is that even other Shetlanders can't understand them.

The two verses are:
Monda day, when I gien (went) into Whalsay
I nipped to the shop to get mysel' a Mars bar
But as I gien up an lain them on the counter
The wife (woman) says "Now then, foos doo gyaan da day?"
(Now then, how are you today)

But I canna spik Whalsay

Monday day, when I gien into Whalsey
I nipped to the shop for a pack o' Energizer (a brand of batteries)
I asked for them 'cause they were ahind (behind) the counter
She said "We hae (have) triple A or we hae AA

But I canna spik Whalsay

I should note that this was recorded at the shetland Folk Festival, a celebration of Shetland music.

The fact that everyone thought that this was funny and that no one took umbrage to their accent being made fun of, shows the Shetland sense of humour and laid back attitude. It's a lovely place to live.
  • Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

For some reason, I perceive today as extremely successful though in reality, none of my tasks went as planned. I have been struggling in a pool of pessimism for the past two weeks, so the realisation that I am finally seeing positive aspects again just put a broad smile on my face.

• Like 2

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Sold my first pen, still not officially a company yet, but paperwork is in and was out at a gym member appreciation day just trying for some exposure, and a real estate guy walked by asked a couple question went back to his car to get some cash and came back and bought a pen, plans on buying more once I can accept credit... :-D

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Sold my first pen, still not officially a company yet, but paperwork is in and was out at a gym member appreciation day just trying for some exposure, and a real estate guy walked by asked a couple question went back to his car to get some cash and came back and bought a pen, plans on buying more once I can accept credit... :-D

Make sure you let us know when you've sold your 15th Pen, then you'll officially be a member of the Pen 15 club!

• Like 1

Make sure you let us know when you've sold your 15th Pen, then you'll officially be a member of the Pen 15 club!

Hahahahahaha...I'm not sure if I should be proud or not that I got that joke immediately.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Eating a gigantic lunch (on my temp boss, bless him) and not feeling overstuffed or being hungry the entire rest of the day.  Maybe that workout yesterday paid off?

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

That is just badass!

Adding this to my bucket list.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Yay! That's great!

L3 Human Ranger/Assassin

Str. 6 Dex. 2 Sta. 1 Con. 12 Wis. 8 Cha. 3

https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58014

Motto: Where there is life, there is hope.

Soli Deo Gloria

I'm currently sitting on the couch with a borderline tummy ache after a huge birthday lunch (mexican!) and ice cream cone I'd been waiting for for weeks. My bf is curled up next to me with slow sleepy breathing... Life is good :)

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I cut my hair over the weekend, drastic as always but the hairdresser misunderstood and went too short in the front and I hate it.  But all my students tell me they like it and random teachers in the hall notice and compliment me.  

I had to sub for a paraprofessional in a SPED room and of course the block was math.  I went through the practice questions with one girl, PEMDAS stuff.  I showed her the incorrect procedure, and even had to look up how to multiply fractions (because I really truly suck at math. I have the exam for ParaPro soon and need to brush up on all of it anyway, so it's good to be in a math class). Once we were done being confused and knew the right way to do it, we were getting all of the practice equations right, and there were high-fives all around.  

The thought of doing my first gym ring workout today after school makes the day go by faster. One more block. One more class.  55 more minutes.

I found a snail of unexplained origin in my fish tank this morning (must have hitchhiked in on the "snail free" Java fern I bought three weeks ago).  It's the same size and color as my gravel, which explains why I didn't see it till now.  I sure hope it's not the kind of snail that reproduces by itself, so I scooped it into a plastic container for observation.

Darn, it's cute.  I spent 15 minutes watching it float around, foot upwards.  Who knew snails could swim?

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I bought a handheld steam cleaner on FB for £20 today, and the lady just lived around the corner so she delivered it within an hour.

I can now steam clean the shit outta stuff!!! (How sad am I?)

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Well, I'd rather just throw the stuff out, but hey, in this economy I understand...

I was actually thinking of things like, y'know, the bathroom.  It gets pricey fast if you just chuck it out every time it gets dirty. :P

I was actually thinking of things like, y'know, the bathroom.  It gets pricey fast if you just chuck it out every time it gets dirty. :tongue:

Cleaning dirty items is much different than steam cleaning shit out of something... :-)

My first challenge

Steam clean the bathroom?  It gets steamy when you shower, does it not?  I always thought of steamers as something you use on garments, or on the carpet.