Forums are back in action! ×

Trying to get my Military body back and join the police force

Hey Everyone,

I'm here because I have tried many things in the past but never really had a plan.  The only time that I was really in shape was when I was in the Marine Corps.  I classify that as forced fitness but it worked.  I went into boot camp at 239 and came out 13 weeks later at 163.  That seems like so long ago (17 years).

Since then, I have gained so much weight and have tried many things to get it gone.  Excessive cardio was my go to weight loss routine but I would always get stuck and give up. 

After finding this site and doing much research, I have decided to go Paleo and change my exercise habits.  I am 30 days in as of today and I am at 247.2 lbs.  I started out at 276.8.  I think the thing that has changed this time is I am thinking of it as a lifestyle change instead of a diet.  I will eat this way for the rest of my life. 

My goal is to be able to pass the Police physical fitness test in November and get on the Juneau Police Department.  Wish me luck!!

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and helping motivate anyone that I can.

Jason

• Like 1

My hats off to you for both your military service and for the effort you've put int to getting your goal!

Welcome aboard we're glad to have you here!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

My brother is a former Marine, so thank you for your service.

It's good to see you've already made a bunch of progress! Are you going to sign up for the next 6 week challenge? You already have some solid goals laid out so it might help you with reaching them. It may seem daunting but NF has done their best to set noobs up for success. 

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins