Forums are back in action! ×

We were at a race this weekend. Hubby and mil took part in the 65km road event. I looked at all the bikes coming in, and thought: "I have to take a photo for Sloth", then were distracted and forgot. Sorry :(. My mil used to have a Trek road bike which she loved. I like the new green bike, and hope you have many, many happy hours on it.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On October 15, 2016 at 3:04 PM, Jakkals said:

I have never known there are fashions in the biking world. 

Congratulations on the bike.  Maybe I should also start biking again. 

Thanks.  You most d finitely should. 

My favorite fashion was when nice bikes came with a faded paint job.  I had a Lemond with a nice red into black fade.  I miss that bike. 

On October 15, 2016 at 7:01 PM, maegs said:

I like the green! It looks fast :D 

Thanks.  The chassis is fast, the motor not so much. 

On October 15, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Kareesh said:

Following. >.>

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome.  It's nice to see you again. 

12 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

nice bike. I'm jealous of Taco Cat. next time I have a random day off for no reason maybe I'll head over to midtown.

Thanks.  They've expanded their deliv ey area. Maybe they make it out to you now.  You'd have to reheat that burrito though. 

11 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

We were at a race this weekend. Hubby and mil took part in the 65km road event. I looked at all the bikes coming in, and thought: "I have to take a photo for Sloth", then were distracted and forgot. Sorry . My mil used to have a Trek road bike which she loved. I like the new green bike, and hope you have many, many happy hours on it.

Thanks. Its nice to be thought of.  

1 hour ago, maegs said:

You never told us that you were starring in Planet Earth 2!

83DcckS.gif

Hell, I didn't even know I could swim. 

• Like 5

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

I was going to train at TML's tonight, but I had conferences. Now I'm too frazzled to sleep.  

Saturday - we went to Hmong town for a festival.  We wanted to see the giant puppets, but they were a no show.  Instead we saw a fantastic Marimba troupe. Either way I ate half a deep fried chicken and spring rolls. Afterwards we went to the science museum for dinosaur bones, Lego robotic art, and the new IMAX movie (astronauts, etc.).  It was a good day.

Training: no, I kept waitIng to go on a ride, but we kept doing stuff.

Eating: Like a king, or arsehole.

Sunday - I went on an early ride, just 20 miles to get the seat and bars adjusted just right.  The boy and I also biked to the model train museum and to the park. The museum was kind of fun once.  I don't think I need to go back. Still a good day. 

Training: 20 miles.  I somehow covered 25 Strava segments in that 20 miles (must be overlap) and set 23 PRs.  Having proper equipment makes a big difference. 

Eating: I don't recall. Based on past trends I'd guess, like an arsehole. 

Monday - conference day. It actually went pretty smoothly.  We give the kids a fruit or vegetable snack.  On Friday it was cauliflower. Not all of the leftovers made it into the trash.  My room smelled to high heaven when I got in today.  Stink and all it was a good day. 

Training: first S&S day.  I'm starting out light again. 3 X 5 goblin squats at 12 kg.  10 X 10 2H KB swings at 20 kg.  I skipped the get ups because they're horrible, I mean because I was anxious to get to school and finalize grades before conferences. 

Eating: Syarted out okay, but I ate a bunch of chips and beer.  I should say am eating/ drinking chips and beer as I type. 

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

48 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I

Training: first S&S day.  I'm starting out light again. 3 X 5 goblin squats at 12 kg.  10 X 10 2H KB swings at 20 kg.  I skipped the get ups because they're horrible, I mean because I was anxious to get to school and finalize grades before conferences. 

fred_savage_thats_insane.gif

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

25 segmenta in 20 miles? Some people must have been really keen to get themselves a KoM by creating all them!

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

9 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Thanks.  They've expanded their deliv ey area. Maybe they make it out to you now.  You'd have to reheat that burrito though. 

I didn't know that they had expanded it. Definitely gotta order them now. I loved getting their nachos. The Outlaw I think was the one I usually got.

8 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I was going to train at TML's tonight, but I had conferences. Now I'm too frazzled to sleep.  

Next week.

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

15 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

fred_savage_thats_insane.gif

Hah, hardly.

14 hours ago, Big_Show said:

25 segmenta in 20 miles? Some people must have been really keen to get themselves a KoM by creating all them!

37a9166d2af9f2e0d598ec3a974954c2.jpg

There are a lot. Of cyclists here and a lot of them made a segment of their favorite block.

7 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I didn't know that they had expanded it. Definitely gotta order them now. I loved getting their nachos. The Outlaw I think was the one I usually got.

Next week.

I recommend the Larry.   You can't go wrong with chorizo.  

That reminds me, Chipotle now has chorizo burritos!!!

3 hours ago, AthenaMM said:

I'm glad you're enjoying the new bike! Great job getting back to S&S!

Thanks. Today was an unplanned day off. 

• Like 4

10/18/16 Tuesday

I overslept because conference madness.  Tonight is another round.  We have some hard ones scheduled. Afterwards I'm going to go see Star Trek Beyond at the second-run theater.  I'm going to eat a giant bucket of popcorn with real butter.

Training: no.

Eating: Like an adult, except for the giant popcorn. It helps to bring pre-packed snack (prunes and roasted chick peas for the old man).

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Eating: Like an adult, except for the giant popcorn. It helps to bring pre-packed snack (prunes and roasted chick peas for the old man).

I wouldn't think someone who struggles with Slothbelly would need prunes...

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 10/18/2016 at 2:59 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Afterwards I'm going to go see Star Trek Beyond at the second-run theater.

I may have to drive a state westward. All the second run theaters near me closed and I missed that one in the theater. I hope it was enjoyable. Especially the popcorn :)

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

On October 18, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wouldn't think someone who struggles with Slothbelly would need prunes...

I'll omit the details, but keeping my fiber levels high moderates any physical responses to bad decisions. 

I checked the label and they only had 2 grams of fiber per serving.  Hardly worth their reputation. 

On October 19, 2016 at 4:10 PM, jstanlick said:

I may have to drive a state westward. All the second run theaters near me closed and I missed that one in the theater. I hope it was enjoyable. Especially the popcorn :)

Thanks.  It was worth seeing if you're a Star Trek fan, which I know you are. The popcorn was great, they still use real butter. 

On October 20, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Sylvaa said:

BW93_cXCYAAozAq.png

Nice. The Facebook told me it was sloth day, I celebrated by taking a nap.  

7 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Thanks. :)

• Like 4

It is teacher convention weekend.  As a fundamentally lazy person I love the long weekend, but as a teacher I resent losing this learning time, if I were a normal parent I would be ticked at the whole profession for making me figure out what to do with my kids. I think it's past time the convention be moved to the summer. 

The rest of conferences went well.  We have 30 kids who didn't have one because there just isn't enough time.  I'm not sure how well get those in.  Most of those are the families that need to have a conference the most. 

Wednesday I slept in, like 'til lunchtime.  The speed dating approach to conferences just beats me down.  We went to my own kid's conferences and they went very well.  Slothgirl, who at one point was reading far below her peers and was getting the pre-special Ed interventions, is ahead of the pack and Slothboy is also a superstar. Their teachers are really great, far better than me, it humbles me to be in their presence.  Afterwards we hiked around the falls, I got about 3 miles in, the kids probably got 6 in.

Training: no, overslept.

Eating: ?

Thursday we went to the science museum and did a few other things. Lots of kids with grandparents wherever we went. 

Training: S&S. 3X7 goblin squats at 12 kg. 10X10 2H KB swings at 20 kg. No get ups. 

Eating: ?

Friday: Chill day.  We went to a fund raiser fry bread sale, where I ate stuff I shouldn't.  Otherwise the boy and I mostly hung around the house and built Legos.

We went to the bike shop to get tubes for the winter bike.  There I saw a guy I know.  He's somewhere between an acquaintance and a friend - we have mutual friends, we went to high school together, we see each at parties, I taught his kids, but we don't socialize on purpose. Anyway, at some point I got the feeling I was doing the interaction wrong.  I wasn't sure what went wrong, but it left me unsettled.  

Training: my back was feeling twingy.  3X5 goblin squats at 16 kg. I did 10X6 Roman chair extensions instead of swings. 5 rounds of 1-2-3 clean & press at 16 kg instead of get ups. 

Eating: fry bread is about the worst thing I could eat, unless I put cheese on it.  I put cheese on it. 

• Like 6

I nearly screwed up our insurance.  We have to do a wellness activity to get an affordable deductible. I always pick bike racing because I do it automatically and all I have to do is input the dates and results afterwards.  I never entered them. The things I have to do just fall out of my head.  It was a huge problem when I was younger, it got better, and when I got meds for ADHD it went away.  It's a minor miracle that I never got fired for screwing up paperwork. 

We lost insurance a couple of years ago (not my fault) and I went off the meds.  When I bonked my head this summer remembering to do stuff became impossible.  Hence the jumbled mess of a bullet journal I've been trying to keep.  An example, I've been wearing an old, barely functional pair of old contacts because I keep forgetting to call the optometrist to order a new set. It's been six weeks now. 

I lost all all the husband points I had saved up.  Mrs. Sloth talked to HR (she's the policy holder), I emailed screen shots of my results, and they let us have the cheaper deductible. Thank the gods. 

If I can remember to, I really need to make an appointment to get medicated again.

post-1302-0-16853900-1335168896.jpg

• Like 11

Glad it all worked out in the end. I hate it when I forget stuff I really should remember. I'm hoping the bullet journal helps me to remember things more often. My mother was the most organized person on earth, I really think I would have inherited at least some of that, , but I still feel like I'm always forgetting something.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

11 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We went to the bike shop to get tubes for the winter bike.  There I saw a guy I know.  He's somewhere between an acquaintance and a friend - we have mutual friends, we went to high school together, we see each at parties, I taught his kids, but we don't socialize on purpose. Anyway, at some point I got the feeling I was doing the interaction wrong.  I wasn't sure what went wrong, but it left me unsettled.  

I've had this feeling before, where something was just 'off' and makes everything awkward.  How uncomfortable.

Glad you were able to get that insurance snafu ironed out!!!  Maybe we nerds should keep poking you to remember to make that appointment :3

• Like 2

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Maybe just chalk it up to the other guy being awkward. Sounds like you aren't all that eager to hang out with him anyway.

It's good to see that you have so much respect for your kids' teachers. Among other things, it's admirable to recognize when others are doing a good job.

Forgot that you had retreated to battle log but subscribing now.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 10/21/2016 at 7:08 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

...It is teacher convention weekend.  As a fundamentally lazy person I love the long weekend, but as a teacher I resent losing this learning time, if I were a normal parent I would be ticked at the whole profession for making me figure out what to do with my kids. I think it's past time the convention be moved to the summer...

Not being  a parent or a teacher I got reminded by normal people several times that is was MEA weekend. People treat it like it's a national holiday around here.

I suspect that your viewpoint is not one that would be welcomed by your coworkers. 

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter