Forums are back in action! ×

It's been a while...

You ate a bagel... mmmm... bagels... man, when we first moved to the beach we would get up early on Saturdays, grab a bagel from around the corner, and go sit on the beach for breakfast.  NOM.

Cthulhu .... game.....?? O_O

Another YAY for not smoking!  Woo hoooo~ 

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Cthulhu .... game.....?? O_O

Yup. A role playing game by Chaosium Inc, aptly named "Call of Cthulhu". The 7th edition rules are fresh out and we felt like trying them out.

Yesterday, Wed. 28/1

Eat: A sandwich and a spinach pie (no cheese) for breakfast. Could have gone with just one of the two, come to think of it. Ate a choco-banana protein bar after the workout, followed by lunch, beef steak and lettuce/orange salad. Went out for a coffee with the g/f in the afternoon, skipped the pizza slices I was offered. Then we moved to the hobby store next door (did I mention she works there?) and ran a few in-game meetings for our Vampire LARPG until 1 a.m. which means I had to oblige for one of the amazing XL chocolate croissants sold there. At least I'm back to drinking my coffee without any added sugar (which is a big deal, considering I drink 2-5 a day)

Train: Third day in a row, this time I went during the Open Gym hour to work out at a slower pace and focus on my Double Unders technique. After a nice long run with pushup+squat intervals for a warmup, I spent about 40+ minutes practicing my Double Unders. By the end of the training, I could do 3 in a row, which is good in getting back to my 6-8 record. Now I just need to meld all the mental commands into a single one...

Sleep: So, uh, LARP meetings until 1 a.m., yeah. Then I came back home, but my gf dropped by a few hours later and, you know... I might have slept for a few hours just before dawn or something like that

Oh, and still smoke-free

• Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Well met! Did I mention "The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle" is slowly gaining fans in my little hometown? B)

Well, who can blame them? =P

Looks like you're keeping things under control, and gaming enough to stay sane (a paradoxical influence of Call of C, I know). Best of luck with the smoking, I know that one's a bear.

• Like 1

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

The new avatar looks good! Being Seneschal suits you. :)

Sounds like you are doing really well despite your schedule being all over the place. (These things can wreak total havoc on me, so kudos to you!) :encouragement:

I'm pretty skilled when it comes to Adapt&Survive so it helps

Best of luck with the smoking, I know that one's a bear.

It's a... how c... All sorts of wring mental images right now. This might well be more sanity-blasting than Cthulhu stuff...

Yesterday, 29/1

Eat: Chicken sandwich for breakfast. Other than that, it was gyros day without any good alternatives, so I at least tried to make the best of it, a.k.a. no fries and just one serving. Grilled meat (pork for lunch, chicken for dinner) with one pita bread, a spoonful of yoghurt plus tomato and onion. Not that bad

Train: Nope. Called to cancel my visit at the box. After three days in a row and a hint of incoming cold, I was sore and wise enough to let it go instead of pushing too far. Again

Sleep: Plenty of it, during the regular hours

Still smoke-free, despite a guy calling me out for my willpower and trying to tempt me into smoking. Oh well, when presented as a challenge, I suppose it's easier to resist

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Rotating schedule sounds super tough, but you seem to be rolling with it pretty well. Lots of research going on looking at circadian rhythms in metabolism. Do you know about this stuff? Not sure if it's widely known or not (I sort of work in the field). Of course  everyone is different etc etc. But the basic idea is that shift workers or people with rotating schedules tend toward higher rates of obesity and metabolic syndrome. Some studies suggest that for people who work at night or have atypical schedules, it might be beneficial to keep eating following a "normal" daytime schedule as well as possible. Just thought it might be interesting to you.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

aptly named "Call of Cthulhu". 

:D

• Like 2

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Rotating schedule sounds super tough, but you seem to be rolling with it pretty well. Lots of research going on looking at circadian rhythms in metabolism. Do you know about this stuff? Not sure if it's widely known or not (I sort of work in the field). Of course  everyone is different etc etc. But the basic idea is that shift workers or people with rotating schedules tend toward higher rates of obesity and metabolic syndrome. Some studies suggest that for people who work at night or have atypical schedules, it might be beneficial to keep eating following a "normal" daytime schedule as well as possible. Just thought it might be interesting to you.

I don't know the science behind it, but being the organized person that I am and living the way my gf's schedule has brought my life upside down, I can understand the reasoning. It's harder to get most of the chores in line, from laundry to shopping and cooking. Letting everything become a mess and grabbing delilvery is an extremely tempting easy way out.

Keep up the good work. Fight the good fight!

Believe what is right!

Incoming post about the last few days...

• Like 3

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Friday, 30/1

Eat: Think I grabbed a sandwich for breakfast, memory ain't helping. This is what happens when I don't log in regularly round this corner of the Internet. Skipped lunch, knowing they'd be temptations at the board meeting at 17:00. Indeed there were, thankfully no savoury pastries but just sweet cookies. Grabbed a few with the coffee, only to realize later that they were full of that heavy turkish-style butter that killed my stomach and appetite. Went to a concert during the night, grabbing a burger and a sandwich for dinner on the way back. Not the best of days.

Train: Still sore. Rest day it is, although I did do a bit of hopping around at the concert

Sleep: Stayed up all night again

Smoking: None

Saturday, 31/1

Eat: Woke up in the evening to eat a piece of pastitsio. Went to another live show, to see two local bands (a death metal and a thrash metal one) and do the live report for my blog, so I couldn't escape grabbing a beer. By the end of the night, I hadn't eaten anything else, but still managed to visit more than 6 bars and mix up more than 7 different drinks in my stomach. Needless to say, I barely got dizzy.

Train: Well, things did get quite physical in the mosh pit...

Sleep: From 8am until something like 5pm?

Smoking: Gah, I fell for the damn thing again

Sunday, 1/2

Eat: Some leftover omelette from the previous day once I woke up and got ready for the Vampire LARPG. Had to resort to delivery for dinner, but opted for an thinner, oil-free arabic wrap instead of pita, plus skipped the fries again to keep the carbs as low as possible

Train: Nope. Shall we call it a rest day?

Sleep: Bit of a reasonable schedule, from midnight until something like 9.30 in the morning

Smoking: Nope

Monday, 2/2

Eat: Got a decent payment, so I decided to gear up; told my gf I'd stock up on groceries after work and cook something for lunch. Hopefully, this will give me more options and allow for healthier dietary options, making it easier to skip the delivery option when she's around. Maybe in the long run I can re-align her taste buds to appreciate real food again. Anyway, I made fried beef liver (no breading) with a lettuce/chive/carrot salad and fried sweet potatoes. I've known this girl for a couple of months now, I'm a pretty decent cook and it's finally the first time I had her eat and enjoy something I cooked (Achievement unlocked!). As for dinner, I was out on the street and we took a walk to grab something to eat, so I resorted to my usual way out; hold the fries

Train: To be honest, got a bit lazy. Will make up for it tomorrow

Sleep: Well, it's Midnight and I'm back home, so looks like it'll be enough sleep for today

Smoking: Nope

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

• Like 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

I hope you cook for her lots more :-)

(sounds like she doesn't like to cook...otherwise I would hope you guys start cooking together. It's such a nice thing to do).

She's completely clueless when it comes to cooking. Which is fine, because I love to cook and can't handle others in my kitchen :P

Thing is, she's probably one of my hardest "customers" ever. She's allergic to a bunch o' things (mushrooms, coconut etc) and her metabolism has issues handling another bunch o' things. Living alone, not cooking and working night shifts means delivery addiction, both mental and physical. She likes the simplest, most traditional recipes ever while I like to mix lots of things in a dish and spice it up, but at least I can manage that part. Oh, did I mention she's extremely stubborn and would rather starve than take a bite of something not on her "that's stuff I like to eat" list?

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

dooooood

I misseded you

don't disappear no more kk???

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ah, the good ol' days, when Mastodon opened for Down in Athens, then at the end of the show both bands and their roadies jammed to this tune. An evening to remember...

i would've killed to have been at that show. mastodon is one of my favorite bands.

Tuesday, 3/2

Eat: No breakfast, just a choco-banana nutribar after my noon workout. Grabbed a yummy beef burger for lunch (as in, real cooked food, not the plastic fast food burgers) but I'd be happier if I'd skipped the fries. Ran one of my two Shadowrun groups in the afternoon, so when the dinner hunger hit, I resorter to a chocolate croissant. Hm, haven't had one of those in a while, used to have one (or more) every day during the holidays. Oh well, it's not perfect, but it's something.

Train: First time I felt exhausted after only the warmup! Still, pulled through

Warmup: 1.600m run, 30 Kettlebell Swings (8kg), 40 Wall Ball, 120 Single Rope Jumps

Strength: Barbell Squat

Skill: Hang Clean

WOD: Front Squats and Pullups-turned-ring-rows-when-too-exhausted in the familiar 21-15-9 pattern

Sleep: 5 or 6 hours. Not complaining, I had a good chance of staying up all night again

Smoking: Almost asked for a smoke before leaving the hobby store. Thankfully, I was wise enough to shout "run away" to myself and get back home before lingering too long onto the thought

3ec8492.jpg

• Like 8

Lvl 65 Multitasker

Sounds like you are doing great. I need some new music on my workout playlist. Any suggestions?

i've been listening to a lot of YOB lately. if you like stoner/sludge/doom metal

• Like 2

YEAH, run away from smoking!  Heheheh.

I want you to know that every time I come to this thread I get that damn Staind song stuck in my head all... day...

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

YEAH, run away from smoking!  Heheheh.

I want you to know that every time I come to this thread I get that damn Staind song stuck in my head all... day...

Now I will too.

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2