Forums are back in action! ×

MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

27 minutes ago, mr_willes said:

The swelling of the ankle won't give up without a fight, thought there is just a minor swelling left.

On a side note I may have had "a" delicious Belgian Abbey beer too much...

"a" ... next time send me "a" Belgian chocolate and all is forgiven ;) I heard somewhere "a" Belgian beer is good to help heal ankles... sometimes. :pirate:

• Like 4

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

23 hours ago, mr_willes said:

The swelling of the ankle won't give up without a fight, though there is just a minor swelling left.

On a side note I may have had "a" delicious Belgian Abbey beer too much...

It sounds like the trend is still in the right direction.  Hope it all goes away soon!

• Like 1

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

I did my first lifting workout yesterday. It has almost been a month! Some upperbody work, felt good to get back to the grind. Important to get that first step out of the way.

Also i bought a new scale, and have nerded out a bit on google spreadsheet to do some tracking, i'm in terrible shape and stuff needs to happen. Thankfully i was wise enough to cut down on KCAL now that i'm not exercising as much. I already went from 82-83 before the StrongViking to sub 80 this morning.

GZwKZzm.png

Lifting workout:

OHP

1x5@17.5

1x5@27.5

1x5@37.5

1x5@42.5

5x5@45

BP

1x5@17.5

1x5@27.5

1x5@37.5

1x5@47.5

5x5@55

Pullups:

5/4/3/3/3

Close Grip BP

1x5@17.5

1x5@27.5

1x5@37.5

1x5@42.5

5x5@45

BB Curl:

1x5@17.5

1x5@22.5

5x5@27.5

• Like 7

... a little odd in the head ...

2 weeks, really....

damn

but still alive, just extremely busy!

Work is ugh

Saturday i leave for my vacation as a tourguide in spain, so i had some preppin to do, both myself as my bike.

Weather is super hot here. Tomorrow last preps. After the vacation it's back to business i'm gonna reboot CF and will set up a new challenge.

If i have a chance i will put up some pics here.

Weight is dropping slowly but steadily, solidly under 80 now, hopefully will lose a few kg before my next OCR (second half of september).

See you guys in a week, i promise i will be more active again! It's just doing this "new" thing has got my mind so occupied, combined with the fact work just seems like a blackhole, like Eminem put it, "honestly i'm exhausted".

So some new structure will be much appreciated, next week, after my "vacation".

• Like 7

18 hours ago, mr_willes said:

So some new structure will be much appreciated, next week, after my "vacation".

Be safe, have fun, and tourguide the SHIZ outta these folks in Spain! The Rebellion will be better off for having you back in full swing when you get back, brother. And...well...if we're being honest. I haven't been the same either. I need my bestest buddy ole pal back to kick major asshole and take last names....possible middle as well. If all else fails, middle initial will work in a pinch.

tenor.gif

Wolf

• Like 4

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Have fun on your vacation. I'll try not to be too jealous. I've been staring longingly at pictures of the CBR500 for the last few weeks. I really wish I lived somewhere where there wasn't a risk of a beautiful bike getting nicked! 

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Back from Spain. Had a fantastic time there. Next time i'm gonna take an extra day off afterwards. Sliding back into the swamp at work the day after isn't much fun.

But some things to let you guys know:

- Travelguiding went very good!

- Did add on a bit of extra weight, but not as much as i expected, so win

- Super super busy at work (still)

- Back to CF with my ankle which still isn't fully healed up

I will try to upload some pics to imgur and post here today...

Good to be back (for a short while, 9 days till i leave for Italy)!!!

• Like 6

Oow yeah tuesday was my first CF after the OCR.

- Warm up to a 3x5 max BenchPress with 3 second eccentric movement

5/5/3 @ 65 KG

- SkiErg 3x5min with 2min break inbetween

Did this instead of the 3x5min with 2min break row, firstly because we were with 6 with only 5 rowers, and second because the instructor was closely monitoring my ankle and made me stand on my toes for the 2nd and 4th minute of every set.

funny-wasted-gifs-kitten.gif

- 30 20" 3sec/3sec step ups

30 right and 30 left, 3 seconds going up and 3 seconds going down

As you could have guessed this being my first serious workout since the SV in may:

skyword-image-330319.gif

• Like 7

On 6-7-2017 at 10:40 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh wow! The scenery were stunning! All the best with the work and jumping back into CrossFit :pirate:

Yeah the scenery was fantastic, looking forward to see if Dolomites can top it, it does have some interesting roads i will be travelling, for example the Passo San Boldo

Spoiler

af17e1c28aea228f5b2f5496191a1f22--list-i

DJI_0412-1200x800.jpg

And the beautiful (and my favourite) Passo del Manghen:

Spoiler

45181740.jpg

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor passo del manghen

Jumping back into Crossfit...

Yeah that was... "Interesting".

Especially the Strongman we did last Thursday, i'm just gonna show you what we did, let you figure out what almost killed me...

Warmup

3 rounds of

- 1 min 24" step ups

- 10 sec rest

- 1 min Assault Bike

- 10 sec rest

- 1 min 16 kg kettlebell swings

- 10 sec rest

Sled (25KG) Push:

Partner workout, 3 rounds of

Figuring out the weights i kept it at:

90 KG extra weight in plates

45 KG sandbag

- 15m sled push with the weights - Total 115 KG (253 lbs)

- 15m sprint back

- 15m sandbag carry

- 15m sled push with the weights and the sandbag - Total 160 KG (352 lbs)

Log (32 KG)Press:

Work up to a 3x3RM log press

Added 2x5KG of weights

- 3x3 @ 42 KG (92 lbs)

• Like 3

Oh wow! I wouldn't mind driving those passes. Brandt taught me how to drive on our "Long Tom Pass" in Sabie, years ago. It's nothing like these photos! Only one place that is called The Devil's Knuckles, might come close, oh and maybe Coffee Heights (Koffiehoogte).

Eish what a workout! But the Sled Push looks brutal from the numbers.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

10 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Eish what a workout! But the Sled Push looks brutal from the numbers.

It almost killed me! When i started the last round i didn't think i would make it till the end. And the last few inches were gruesome, but i finished, after that i did a few log presses but not with much intend, and i just sat there after the workout for about 20 minutes, just regaining a bit of myself.

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

Well I clearly need to be following along this BL :) 

Yes you do, and thanx for dropping by!

• Like 3

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, mr_willes said:

i just sat there after the workout for about 20 minutes, just regaining a bit of myself.

Well that's the sign of a great workout if you ask me!

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Gonna go hard on the KISS principle!

Focus on:

• Workouts
  • Eating
  • Drinking
  • Ambassadoring

So without further ado the first check in here

Wednesday November 15th:

Workout: Nope, got sucked into a computergame

Eating: Yep, but had very small cup of potatochips in the evening

Drinking: Nope, had a Kasteel in the evening

Ambassadoring: Nope, will make right today.

Today's program: Crossfit Strongman

Upcoming events:

Friday afternoon till sunday evening, weekend away with some friends (again, yes again).

• Like 2

On 11/16/2017 at 6:51 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Tune!

On 11/16/2017 at 6:59 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Gonna go hard on the KISS principle!

Focus on:

• Workouts
  • Eating
  • Drinking
  • Ambassadoring

Sounds like a good plan - when life gets busy make sure the foundations are solid man.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 17-11-2017 at 1:58 PM, Jarric said:

Tune!

Sounds like a good plan - when life gets busy make sure the foundations are solid man.

Yeah it feels like i need some sort of reset. Just get the basics covered and build momentum. Going back here to my battle log was part of that. I have an easy couple of weeks in front of me, very good to get me psychologically prepped to attack christmas days and new year. Not much fuss, just grind grind grind.

On 18-11-2017 at 12:34 AM, maegs said:

Excellent strategy for dealing with a busy time!

Have fun!

Thanx,

Much fun was had. Friday was a bad day on the drinking front, i think i managed to empty half a case of beer. And i paid for that the next day, was feeling off with a headache till halfway in the afternoon. Good thing about this was the fact i didn't drink much on Saturdayevening. Still eating wasn't the best, though much fun was had. There was a mancave in our friends house where we were able to play some pool and darts. Much fun was had. Two of the most memorable moments was: the moment my friend needed a bulls eye to win his game of darts, just after his wife came down with a cell phone where one of his kids was calling, he casually threw the dart at the board, hitting the bulls's eye, ever so casually walking to the board point to the bull's eye and making sure everybody saw, next walking of with the cell phone still talking to his kid... Leaving us all in shock like, did, he, just, seriously, do, that?

Next was my point with pool where i had to make the ball jump over the opponents ball just to not make a foul, but i accidentally scored in the side pocket

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor like a boss gif

Mix those 2 situations up with a few friends who all had a few drinks too much. You can imagine the fun we had.

• Like 5