Forums are back in action! ×

Tabletop/Board Games

Not familiar with the Discworld game, but I love me some Terry Pratchett. If you play it, let us know how it is.

Will do! I'll contrive some excuse to get my friends together and give it a go :) This is the one that I have

Cephalopod Dreams

Halfling Monk

Challenges: Level 4 | Academy: Level 10

Str 4 | Dex 4 | Sta 4 | Con 7 | Wis 5 | Cha 2

My Character

I'm aiming for my black belt in Shotokan Karate, training to defeat the monster that is chronic pain.

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

I just paid for ticket to ride last month... WEll, time to get the other.

On that note, got an iphone 6s plus yesterday. gaming is so much more awesome on it now.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Definitely playing Catan in one of the new Star Wars books.

38F8D81C-AC06-4595-96F2-8BB1FF22BE71_zpsCE877FB5-C2CF-44F7-94D7-41062DDA8170_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I've seen a few recommendations on here for Pandemic, but has anyone had a chance to try out Pandemic Legacy?  I liked the Legacy concept from Risk Legacy, but am not a fan of Risk overall.  PL is an excellent improvement.  We haven't finished the game yet, but my wife is already eager to get PL: Season 2 when it comes out.

• Like 1

Very old battle log
Previous Challenges: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Previous Mini Challenges: 2, 1

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

I've seen a few recommendations on here for Pandemic, but has anyone had a chance to try out Pandemic Legacy?  I liked the Legacy concept from Risk Legacy, but am not a fan of Risk overall.  PL is an excellent improvement.  We haven't finished the game yet, but my wife is already eager to get PL: Season 2 when it comes out.

Friend of mine got Pandemic Legacy and wants him and his wife plus me and the wife to play it as a group - as we have played the regular Pandemic a few times ... very excited to go through and see what the "adventure" holds :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Sure, Pandemic Legacy isn't something you'll keep replaying for years to come.  But it's an experience that I'm sure we'll talk about long after we've finished it.  For me it's a far cheaper and more enjoyable experience than going to the movies.

Very old battle log

Assassin: Extremely competitive, tends to bust out bodyweight exercises when faced with waiting in hiding, and loves a good team vs team faceoff.  - Alexandrite

Not a fan of buy and dispose games, it feels inherently wrong (yes, this is why I don't play games on video systems like Madden)

Are you bothered by not getting your money's worth or having to waste it after you finish the game? Seems like it would be pretty easy to resell it. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Are you bothered by not getting your money's worth or having to waste it after you finish the game? Seems like it would be pretty easy to resell it. 

If Pandemic Legacy is like the Risk version you actually mark up the board and change how the game plays based on how the various stages of play through go ... so selling it after you've gone through might be tough.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22

If Pandemic Legacy is like the Risk version you actually mark up the board and change how the game plays based on how the various stages of play through go ... so selling it after you've gone through might be tough.

Ah, didn't realize that. So, it is a bit sad in the use and dispose point. It really is fairly cheap  though, so I think you would get your money's worth.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I've been playing Pandemic Legacy with a group a friends. We've played four sessions of at least an hour each, and will end up playing at least 12 total. Most of my board games haven't seen that much play, so I think it's actually a great value. Most games I buy we play a few times, then they go in the closet and only come out once a year or less.

The games that do come out more often:

Splendor

Seven Wonders

Hive

Betrayal at the House on the Hill

Jaipur

Escape the Curse of the Temple

Star Realms

• Like 1

Played Lord of the RIngs Risk the other night for the first time in forever. With 6 people none the less. We had to call it quits 6 hours in after finally eliminating just the 2nd person.

500 / 330 / 625

Well...you'll have time to finish one this weekend after you get snowed in....but umm change it to Eclipse...lol its more fulfilling. 

+1 for Eclipse. My wife and I love it, but our game group isn't as enthusiastic about it.  Fortunately it plays well 2-player, especially with the Rise of the Ancients expansion.

As for Risk, we prefer 2210 since it only last 5 turns.  You at least know when it's going to end.

• Like 1

Very old battle log

My friend, myself and our wife's just started Pandemic Legacy ... first game was BRUTAL! Can't wait to play again :)

• Like 1

Half-Ork Scout Leader

Tabletop games!   W()()T! 

I wish I had more friends to play, but I absolutley love Dead of Winter.  Best tabletop game in recent memory.  Also, I love Love Letter...  Never have I found such a simple, yet complicated game....  Lastly, they made Gwent from The Witcher 3.  A qucik card game that's quick addicting.  Haven't found anyone to play with...  :(

Yea, I actually had some nice gaming this last weekend with my wife and a few friends. We played Forbidden Desert (we lost, we left our Meteorologist out in the middle of the desert to die of thirst..big no no) and Gloom...I love Gloom, just because there is strategy and a story element. Needless to say, I won...cause yup..I made people miserable before they died..LOL. 

• Like 1