Forums are back in action! ×

What's your favorite whiskey? (Or other alcoholic beverage I suppose :P)

I can go for a good Gin every once in a while and when I do, I go Hendrick's.

You know, I'm not a fan of gin at all (after this one night in college....I can still taste it *shudders*), but my father-in-law-to-be introduced me to Hendricks and I have to say it is one of the greatest spirits available right now. I love their website too!

2/13/12

Starting Primal and free weights

10/02/12

Starting LeanGains. Still lifting all the things.

Fitocracy

You know, I'm not a fan of gin at all (after this one night in college....I can still taste it *shudders*), but my father-in-law-to-be introduced me to Hendricks and I have to say it is one of the greatest spirits available right now. I love their website too!
I got introduced to gin on a trip to London and fell in love with a good gin and tonic. Sadly my wife hates the juniper taste of most gins. "It taste like Christmas trees" is what she says. So when we found Hendricks it was a win-win.

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

I'm not that big of a fan of the whiskey's I've tried. I think I just need need to get used to the taste of oak.

As far as liqueurs go, Disaronno, Kahlua, and Bailey's are probably my top 3, especially when mixed together.

Beers: I definitely like ales more than lagers. Current favorites are a toss up between Dragon Stout, Sweetwater Festive, and a local high gravity called Captain's Ale. Dead Guy is probably my go to after those.

I'm not that big of a fan of the whiskey's I've tried. I think I just need need to get used to the taste of oak.
Sounds like you like sweeter drink so you might try the Honey infused Bourbons/Whiskeys that have started coming out. Jack Daniel's, Wild Turkey, Segrams and other have them

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

hmm...

Drink: tequila/club/extra limes

wine: pinot noir

beer: guinness (dark) ithaca apricot (light)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I have some Johnny Blue, Green, and Black... Glenlivet 12 & 18 & a memorial bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh (for my Dad, I toast him on special occasions). I agree though, my go to scotch is Glenlivet, however not so much anymore.

I do have a wine cellar that houses 900+ bottles. It's nice never running out of good wine.:topsy_turvy:

vodka & soda is my go to drink. I like blueberry vodka and mandarin vodka as well.

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul

Ah, whiskey! Greenore when it's early, Dalwhinnie when it's late.

I'll have a glass of wine on occasion, but those are rare. For some reason I hold hard liquor much better than beer or wine. Two glasses of red at dinner are enough to make me giddy, but I won a drunk spelling bee on nine tequilas during my early years at uni...

CFmom, Johnny Blue and a 900 bottle wine cellar? I want to be you when I grow up!

I have some Johnny Blue, Green, and Black... Glenlivet 12 & 18 & a memorial bottle of Aberlour A'bunadh (for my Dad, I toast him on special occasions). I agree though, my go to scotch is Glenlivet, however not so much anymore.

I do have a wine cellar that houses 900+ bottles. It's nice never running out of good wine.:topsy_turvy:

vodka & soda is my go to drink. I like blueberry vodka and mandarin vodka as well.

If I told you you looked like Angelina Jolie, would you adopt me?

Fitocracy! | Running Trainer | Facebook | Twitter | Current Challenge Blog!

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Welcome to my list of favorite people ever.

In other news, they make blueberry vodka?? BRB getting wasted...

For bourbon, I'm partial to Eagle Rare, Woodford Reserve and Four Roses. Aside bourbons, though, I'm a bit lost. For scotch, I've only had Johnny Walker, of which I've had red, black, double black and blue. I like black, and blue was a dream (but I haven't had gold or green to confirm what's been said - that they're just as good as blue for way less).

I just don't know what to try, any suggestions on what scotches I should attempt to go through to get a sense of what I like? I wish there was somewhere I could go to just try all of what I'm seeing pop up in this thread, but bars are stupid expensive.

There was one time that I tried a whole slew of whiskeys at a whiskey bar with a bunch of friends (we each ordered something different until we had tried most of what they had), but I don't exactly remember what happened or what I liked after all that...