Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel Running Festival (April 1 - April 7)

After the success of last week's Rebellion 5k, we're taking it to the next level with the Rebel Running Festival!

This time, you get to choose between 2 distances: 5k and 10k

Here are the rules:

1. Reply to this thread to sign up and select one or both race distances
  2. Run the chosen distance anytime between 12:01am April 1st and 11:59pm April 7th (your local time)
  3. Record your results here.
  4. Brag to all your friends about what a great runner you are

Our current 5k champions are Will (20:22 Mens category) and weirdquark (29:26 Women's category) - think you've got what it takes to beat them?

As with the other race, there are no prizes, but a huge amount of satisfaction and bragging rights for the winners :)

Good luck everyone!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

What, do I need to defend my title or something?

There's a 5K race/fundraiser in my neighborhood in mid April, and the last time to register and get a T-shirt is that week. I think I'll waffle about it some more and maybe see if I can run the whole way without stopping next time.

What, do I need to defend my title or something?

I feel obligated to run again... I'm all in for the 5k, and I'll think about the 10k. We'll see how rowing effects my running.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

Ah, what the hey, I might as well do both, since the registration fee is so reasonable. I'm guessing there will be a fair amount of walking for the 10k, but we'll see. Maybe I'll surprise myself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“If we all did the things we are capable of, we would astound ourselves.â€

-Thomas Edison

"I'm only at about 35-40%, and I'm surprised as eff."

-unicornassssin

Fitocracy!

[thread=16121]My Challenge Thread[/thread]

I'm in again. Lol. 5k

Defending my.... Age group?!

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

I can dig it! Now I've got to ponder my distance

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

Damn you all - I'm going to have to do both now! :D

As soon as I read that first post I said to myself "self, we're doin' both". I might do the 5km as a trail run though, there's no way I can pull off a 20min 5km in a month....damn youngin's, youse runnin' too damn fast...

Sincerely,

Crotchety Old Guy

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

As soon as I read that first post I said to myself "self, we're doin' both". I might do the 5km as a trail run though, there's no way I can pull off a 20min 5km in a month....damn youngin's, youse runnin' too damn fast...

Sincerely,

Crotchety Old Guy

Considering you were 4 minutes faster than me in the 5k and we're in the same age group, I'll just continue to shake my fist at you

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

April 'eh? I certainly hope I'm back to running speed by then - so count me in for the 5k. If I can I'll do the 10k too but don't want to be rushing back into things too much and hurting myself again!

ZenGewn - I use runkeeper these days, mainly because it syncs with fitocracy, but it does also have some quite good voice prompts to let you know distance and time. Although when I'm planning a new route I like to check it with google maps or mapmyrun first, I've noticed the apps are sometimes a bit inacurate, well either that or I really did run a 4 minute mile once...

Level 2 Ranger
Aspiring to awesomeness

hmm.. ok. i'll bite. 5k. i'll see you in an hour. ;)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Considering you were 4 minutes faster than me in the 5k and we're in the same age group, I'll just continue to shake my fist at you

At the rate you are progressing, it won't be long 'til the fist shake is you waving as you pass me ;)

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge