Forums are back in action! ×

Is Your SO (or do you hope to have someday) a Nerd, Closet Nerd, or Non-Nerd?

This is so bad...I honestly thought Whovian meant something to do with Dr. Suess, and got all perked up to find out what it was, until I read the rest of the sentence.

Dr. Who is almost as awesome as Dr. Suess though.

That would be a Seussian

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

I'm married to a nerd. If you ask him he'd be pretty unapologetic about it. He grew up playing old school RPGs, he's a huge programming geek (he once translated a Shakespeare sonnet into perl for me), and his job as a sales engineer requires him to translate sales-to-geek for a living. We listen to Terry Prattchett audiobooks on road trips and are getting ready to take our 3 year old to his first model rocket club outing later this year. So yeah... we is nerds in our house.

The only bummer thing is, I'm a total costuming nerd and he doesn't like playing dress up. Boo. :-P

-jj

NF: Treedwelling assasin. Druidish leanings. Gnome.  

IRL: Amateur circus geek.  Mad cook. Mom. Mad Max junkie. 

I don't mind if they are a nerd are not, but they absolutely, unequivocally must be ok with my nerdiness and all that entails. That said, having a geeky SO does make the relationship more fun in my opinion. My current SO is just as geeky as me, and we love doing gaming marathons where we stay up all day and night gaming away together, eating, drinking, and just having an awesome time. He is also an awesome woodworker, and we have plans to build a TARDIS DVD stand. :)

"It's not the load that brings you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne

I married the coolest guy I ever met. Motorcycle...rock-n-roll. Totally bad ass. But in his quiet moments...he walks to the top of the road just so he can see the sunset, gets all jolly when he reads the foliage report in october....hmmm, no, that's not nerdy, its nature loving. LOL he hates big bang theory, which greatly upsets me.

But we are a match--yin and yang and thats all that matters....

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!