1 hour ago, Rookie said:

I am currently sitting in my car while it rains eating a dry ass falafel whilst avoiding what comes next lol grocery shopping. I need to come up with a meal plan first but the rain is kind of making me have to pee and the falafel is making me very thirsty. 

You're eating dry falafel, in the rain. The solution to your problem is right there! Open the window, stick the falafel out for a moment and presto! Wet falafel! 

• Haha 7

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Dibs on being a play tester. 🤩

Hope the rain is nice, at least

You got it!

I much prefer rain when I'm inside and don't need to go into it lol but it wasn't horrible and it stopped long enough for me to load and unload the car.

20 hours ago, Whisper said:

You're eating dry falafel, in the rain. The solution to your problem is right there! Open the window, stick the falafel out for a moment and presto! Wet falafel! 

😂 I'd much prefer a saucy falafel bahaha but I guess wet falafel could have been the next best thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Yesterday my mom and I started trying to get into their dining room and did a little bit of sorting. I didn't stay as long because I knew I had to do groceries and I'm feeling exhausted. 

Last night until today I've got a wicked headache that just won't go away. I'm going to say a bit dehydration and a bit weather pressure. 

I had a plan for dinner last night but realized we had leftovers that needed to be eaten. Because some of it was not homemade.. some was. I'm conflicted if it counts but I'm leaning more with its fine because I didn't buy it yesterday. I'm not 100%. 

Today I have a bunch of meat I need to separate and freeze. And I have an idea for dinner but I'm not sure if we need a full dinner or not. Right now there's a lot of running around planned. Mr.Rs parents want us to bring Luna over for a visit. Mr.Rs coworkers are having a movie night so he wanted to stop in for a bit possibly with Luna to say hi then get home in time to watch the playoff hockey game. I'm not sure when I'll be able to cook dinner or if he's eating with his co-workers. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rookie said:

I had a plan for dinner last night but realized we had leftovers that needed to be eaten. Because some of it was not homemade.. some was. I'm conflicted if it counts but I'm leaning more with its fine because I didn't buy it yesterday. I'm not 100%. 

Using up leftovers should count. 

• Like 3

We are not sinners trespassing in the garden of an angry God.

We are prodigals come home; fully seen and deeply loved.

Put together enough small wins over a long enough period of time,

and you’ll find yourself in high level gear fighting dragons before you know it.

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Whisper said:

Using up leftovers should count. 

Then count they shall! Regardless if they were originally bought or made. 

----

We didn't really have dinner last night. Well technically I did lol I had a small plate of 3-4 kebab, a chicken drumstick, and paratha while I waited for Mr.R to talk and hang out with his co-workers. It was a nice short visit and I got to talk about my dogs with some of the ladies.  

It's a rainy gloomy day today. My plans are mostly stay home and watch Survivor, take the puppy to the pet store to visit our trainer (maybe) and make dinner tonight. I'm not sure what I want to make yet but I'm leaning towards chicken shawarma and cucumber salad. 

• Like 5

Today we made shawarma chicken, rice, cucumber and tomato salad with pita for dinner. I prepped prepped the meat and marinated it over night and roomy cooked it today because I was working at my parents. All in all it was pretty tasty but he added a bit too much salt to the chicken.

I'm not due to go to my parents again until Thursday so I'll work on my project,  go visit Daisy over the next 2 days and go on a hike with my friend and Winnie. 

I'm currently feeling like my movement wasn't adequate for today so I'm going through my videos. 

ETA: I did a chair yoga one which was extra challenging because I was in an outside chair which is lower to the ground and leans back a bit. But I did it. 

Homemade meal

Move

• Like 6
  • That's Metal 1

Just got back from a morning at the barn. I groomed, rode and trimmed her feet! I feel proud of myself for getting on her by myself and rallying to trim her feet. I think I made them better than they were and hopefully she will agree with me. 

I tried to make a shawarma chicken pita wrap with iceberg lettuce and the leftover cucumber salad, chicken, tzatziki and rice. It was all going to plan until I tried to roll it 😂 my wrap wasn't elastic enough I guess and crumbled. So I put it on a bowl and called it a day. 

I'll need to start dinner soon but I really just want to sit and work on my coding project. I'm making beef bourginon though and that takes awhile. So the sooner the better. 

Spoiler

PXL_20240507_170536685.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.9c0fb991b70a5983bfb38ae59857f882.jpg

My failed pita lol tastes the same in a bowl

PXL_20240507_143602959_MP.thumb.jpg.7895b78e641fee8ba57826d4319c1adb.jpg

PXL_20240507_135048881_MP.thumb.jpg.95c92a131a0e475dd392c359b6741f99.jpg

PXL_20240507_001446619.thumb.jpg.a5edfcaf6a1ef96447c5b3b41e1bd4f5.jpg

Bonus picture from last night 

• Like 9

6 hours ago, Laghail said:

Your photography is lifegiving

This is honestly such a nice compliment ❤️ I have many random photos of things I just found visually interesting. 

5 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

Wrap sounds amazing. Wrap might have been a tad dry (or if you freeze them like we do, over cooked when thawing). Ive had them disintegrate before and its a pain. 
Still looks so goo. Must try making one

It tasted really good so at least I got flavour points lol

I bought them 2 days ago but they do seem on the drier side. They are Lebanese style pitas if that makes a difference. I tried microwaving for 15 seconds because when I go to pita pit they put it in a steamer for a bit. I have to say I was feeling quite confident in my pita making skills ... until I had to wrap it and it just disintegrated haha I love wraps though so I think I will try to add more to my random lunch menu. 

• Like 2

I have to say I was really looking forward to a quiet day tomorrow but alas it is not in the cards. My moms friend asked if they could switch their tea date from tomorrow to Thursday. So now the plan is Wednesday is extra busy and Thursday will be a chill day. Tomorrow at 6:45am I will be hiking with my friend, go home and drop Winnie off then go to my Moms for around 10-11am and work until probably 4:30pm. Then it sounds like we are hanging out with some friends once Mr.R is back from work and we will hang out and order dinner.

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I am already mentally preparing for sore ass feet after todays shenanigans and tomorrows. I am not sure how bad the hike will be because my friend wanted to do one with more hills 🥲 I said I was down for trying but she knows hills kill me and my feet suck so she said if it gets too "ragged" we can always just turn back. I love her so much for giving me an out without outing me. I think I will be okay as long as its not like that one hike we did where it somehow we were going up steep hills every 10 minutes. And I will try to sit more when I am at my parents if I can. I think I am mostly there to body double for my mom.

I think I mentioned that we have been watching Survivor. Man its amazing what some of these people can pull off. We started with the current season and then when we caught up we started at 41 which was the start of the new era. If the social game/aspect wasn't so the main focus it would have been cool to make that a goal to get on the show one day but noooo thank you. I am probably going to look up if there are survivor-esque experiences. Not necessarily things like tough mudder though because I like the games, puzzles, challenges and survival aspect (wish we saw more of this). Watching it is really inspiring for me. 

Jeff Probst Boo GIF by Survivor CBS

Homemade dinner   /5

Move    /5

• Like 6

Made it back from my walk/hike with my friend. We did 6km and 8520 steps. We didn't end up going the way she wanted because it was more steep and it rained last night. So we walked down to the other park below that has trails. She got her hills in afterall 😂 and we high fived. 

I'm now showered and heading back to bed for a bit. I'm tempted to reschedule going to my mom's house.

I weighed myself today and I was 327.2lbs which is down about 9lbs from the last time I weighed myself. 

Spoiler

PXL_20240508_112818685_MP.thumb.jpg.156885a92c70f1e9dda358d28e719048.jpg

PXL_20240508_112218671.thumb.jpg.a3d0c6d418036ae4764911a817dc5d96.jpg

PXL_20240508_112200257.thumb.jpg.903298fe1e7f9665ab87975cf7aa6c80.jpg

PXL_20240508_112149513_MP.thumb.jpg.ef5a5149ea2853f7e199c917fc134241.jpg

PXL_20240508_112138248.PORTRAIT.thumb.jpg.b216448f0bff11175e478ebcc069b673.jpg

PXL_20240508_110554776.thumb.jpg.e53b55653c9a7350499ca35a190334d1.jpg

PXL_20240508_110548661.thumb.jpg.a98157ff292f6479cf78c1ec248bf51a.jpg

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 4

Gorgeous photos as usual, thank you for sharing. I hope that you are feeling good about the scale drop, I know it always makes me feel more confident to see movement there. 

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

A bit late but here to follow and support!

• Thanks 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

On 5/8/2024 at 9:40 AM, Sea-to-sky said:

Looks like a fantastic hike. Great weather for it too 

On 5/8/2024 at 10:29 AM, Sovalis said:

Gorgeous photos as usual, thank you for sharing. I hope that you are feeling good about the scale drop, I know it always makes me feel more confident to see movement there. 

Ah thank you :) it makes it fun to share when people enjoy them. 

I am feeling good about it but also don't trust it yet. I would feel more like moving if I didn't get punished for it 🙃 buuuuut thats why I am trying to do the chair work out things.  Which you reminded me I still need to do today.

11 hours ago, Sepherina said:

A bit late but here to follow and support!

Hey Seph! Great to have you here ❤️ 

10 hours ago, Everstorm said:

9 lbs is major!  Congratulations!

Yes! I was quite pleased to see that. Thanks Ever 

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Keep 'em coming, they're gorgeous and always make me want to go outside!

I will! Get outside ;)

• Like 3

Last nights dinner was beef tortellini with alfredo sauce and broccoli. The alfredo sauce was lactose free. I wanted cookies after dinner so I made some from scratch. Annnd I obviously got my movement goal in :)

Todays dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli and a gravy. I delegated hardddd BUT I still verbally told roomy what to put in the meatloaf, how much and how long to cook it. Sooo I was still involved. 

Winnie has been begging for some 1 on 1 time this evening and I would love to take her for a walk but my legs need a break and I am watching the puppy right now. So instead I am multitasking by half heartedly playing tug and catch with her, doing settle training with the puppy, updating my challenge and looking at my project. I still need to do a chair video or some form of movement today and I would like to do some training with Winnie going through her tricks and working on the last one we were trying to learn which is weaving through my legs. 

I started the day off by applying to a job then I spent the rest of the day working on my project. I got some logic separated out and the menu icons highlighting to black but now I am running into problems by not knowing Angular and Typescript well enough. The next step is to draw the different menus depending on what icon was selected by the user. 

I don't have much else on the radar for tonight other than watching more Survivor, playing with dogs, chair video and working on my app. 

Spoiler

PXL_20240509_232731133.thumb.jpg.6fb8d64171516390867a7b8c69bb4def.jpg

Working on settle while I "work"

PXL_20240509_215145766.thumb.jpg.6bc5b62102885a6a0bc4a6664c8451e6.jpg

Dinner tonight

PXL_20240508_232833845.thumb.jpg.5e90f79cc56f633e94d97da809fb1d6b.jpg

Cookies yesterday. I was experimenting with cooking time. I liked them cooked more 😂 recipe was good though

PXL_20240508_233917421_MP.thumb.jpg.9d9fc6e60b1ba368a4338ddab77140e8.jpg

The girls playing yesterday

• Like 5
  • That's Metal 3

Homemade dinner /5

Move /5

Yesterday I ended up doing chair Zumba. It was fun and the music was great. 

Today I'm off to help my mom. Happy Friday everyone

• Like 4

Happy Friday! The girls looks so cute playing together!

• Like 2

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

My friend took me on a little walkie today 😂 she's practicing for her trip to Scotland soon. We did 2km and I challenged myself to keep up with her pace. I'm a slow walker y'all. She said she'd really like to challenge endurance on a longer one like the place we did all the hills. I kind of laughed because I don't think she's broken a sweat at all on any of our walks! Not even the 5km mud run we did and she did all the obstacles! Anyways I said I'm down because Winnie and I need to practice for our 5km obstacle course that's on a month and half. I think I'll ask my mom is I can borrow her hiking poles I got her. Maybe they will help me with the hills. 

Dinner tonight was sausage on a bun with Caprese salad. 

Today is Daisy's 19th birthday ❤️ I didn't get to see her unfortunately but I'm going to buy her a bag of carrots for the next time I'm up. 

Spoiler

Psyccccch I apparently took no pictures lol

Deez Nuts GIF

Homemade dinner /5

Move /5

• Like 3
  • Haha 2