Forums are back in action! ×

Fitbit Challenge anyone...?

2 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

Ok. I made a user name as opposed to display name. 

Try Nevadasoprano

Got it!

I vote for adventure race as well.

I'm Scalyfreak on Fitbit, and I will add everyone as friends when I can do it on my computer tonight :)

• Like 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

1 hour ago, BlackCatMagic said:

@Guzzi I was able to add you.  What is everyone else's username?

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

I'd like to play along! Assuming I've done it correctly, my user name should be JustCallMeAmber

I've not participated in a FitBit challenge before, so I'm open to try whichever event y'all would like to do. :)

1 hour ago, Countess D'If said:

Ok. I made a user name as opposed to display name. 

Try Nevadasoprano

I think I have all three of you added :) 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I think I have everyone.. I sent friend invites to the ones I didn't see on my list already.

Do we have a group name yet?

• Like 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50; Ch 51; Intermission VI

5 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I think I have everyone.. I sent friend invites to the ones I didn't see on my list already.

Do we have a group name yet?

I don't think we have a group name yet.  I've been trying to work out something with nerds and stepping, but all I got was "Here Come the Nerdsteppers".

15 hours ago, BlackCatMagic said:

I don't think we have a group name yet.  I've been trying to work out something with nerds and stepping, but all I got was "Here Come the Nerdsteppers".

The Rebellion

Rebel Nerds

The Walking Nerds

Step by Nerdy Step

The Nerdy Adventure Zone

Fit Nerds

Nerd Fitbitness

Okay, some of those are really bad. I'm leaving them in anyway, for cringe and laugh reasons. :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

The Rebellion

Rebel Nerds

The Walking Nerds

Step by Nerdy Step

The Nerdy Adventure Zone

Fit Nerds

Nerd Fitbitness

Okay, some of those are really bad. I'm leaving them in anyway, for cringe and laugh reasons. :P

I like those!  How about Fitty Bitty Nerds?  Getting Down to Bitness?

• Like 1

OK, ya'll, I set up a Fitbit group for us, sent join invites, and challenge invitations.  Let me know if you did NOT receive them - I think I got everybody, but I might have missed someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, BlackCatMagic said:

OK, ya'll, I set up a Fitbit group for us, sent join invites, and challenge invitations.  Let me know if you did NOT receive them - I think I got everybody, but I might have missed someone.

Woohoo!!!  

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

1 hour ago, BlackCatMagic said:

Got it! I'm all set up now, I think.

I have also received a friend request from a person I don't recognize. Would one of the lovely ladies in this thread by chance happen to have a first name that begins with M...? :blink:

On 3/25/2019 at 6:16 PM, Balthazar77 said:

@Guzzi Sure. I've don the work week challenge before with some colleagues. They sometimes motivate me. I'm willing to try it out. My fitbit e-mail is bpthompson77@gmail.com.

@Balthazar77 was also interested in joining.

Oh, btw, am I right in thinking that the challenge starts straight away when the first person accepts the invite?  Which, if it did then maybe we should accept at the same(ish) time...?

1 hour ago, Countess D'If said:

My challenge page says that we are "waiting to start" but it does not say for what?

Maybe it starts when the last persona accepts?

It starts in a little over four hours. 

My Windows Fitbit app has a challenge count-down timer right above the satellite photo of the trail. :) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlackCatMagic said:

I didn't receive one. Are you able to find me? I was a bit confused on the User name/ display name thing. My display name is Lisa R

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

8 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I didn't receive one. Are you able to find me? I was a bit confused on the User name/ display name thing. My display name is Lisa R

I tried that, but it says your Username does not exist. I think if you create a user name, you can invite friend and be invited. 

16 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I tried that, but it says your Username does not exist. I think if you create a user name, you can invite friend and be invited. 

Ok, I will try that. Thanks. I don't want to not exist.:smile-new:

• Haha 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Thanks my Username is NFelastigirl

I had to try it a few times, some other imposter apparently was using Elastigirl already.:friendly_wink:

Found you! Now come join the challenge :) 

19 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Found you! Now come join the challenge :) 

7 hours ago, BlackCatMagic said:

I accepted scalyfreak's friend invitation, and added a few of the names I could find for invitations, but I don't see how to join the group

i sent you a group invitation. once you are in the group, the Valley Loop group challenge should show up on your Challenge tab, and you canjoin there.

7 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

i sent you a group invitation. once you are in the group, the Valley Loop group challenge should show up on your Challenge tab, and you canjoin there.

Hmm, so I see the Valley Loop Adventure Challenge, but I don't see a place to join. I see an invite friends , button, is that what I need to do?

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hmm, so I see the Valley Loop Adventure Challenge, but I don't see a place to join. I see an invite friends , button, is that what I need to do?

I’ve sent you an invite. :) 

Out of interest, what time is it in each member’s time zone?  It’s just about to turn 8am here (GMT)