I love the idea of a villain era: the swagger, the dedication, the authentic self.  But I've always been the good one, the quiet one, the people-pleaser.  I need a complete education in villainy.  To that end, I have enrolled in Villain Academy.  My classes for this term:

Reclaiming Your Wings with Maleficent

tumblr_o4erbzNXcO1uioo6zo4_500.gif.b6abd3eb0992923c0dc966a0e9e2388a.gif

Maleficent know like no one else what it is to lose your wings.  In this course, I will be working on strengthening my shoulder wing after injury so I can get back in the air.  The class will also include a small amount of stability training for the hips and ankles to support hard landings after flight.

Goal: Daily mobility and stabilization training for shoulders, hips, and ankles

The Price of Magic with Rumplestiltskin

IMB_mtZx2M.gif.bcdcbcf307de91de4d77bb32c99ebf21.gif

But Once Upon A Time's Rumplestiltskin knows that no price is too high to pay for one's son.  My son leaves for the army in a few months, and we need a couple major workings around this event: 1) he needs to continue to lose weight and 2) we need to save money to travel to his graduation.  Big magic means a big price, and I am preparing to pay it.

Goal:  

1)  Support my son by doing the most evil thing I can think of: counting calories.

2) Reduce spending to save up for the trip.  Yes.  Reduce spending during holiday season.  

815a2aeebe99487af9e28786c1466f48_w200.gif.2d7e618b97fc69afe5c58109c3c08165.gif975231916c41bd990b536bf62a83fbcb_w200.gif.f007a48daca75e78c601e11efa649ed5.gif072d682508bffbde0274790589247ddd_w200.gif.f2510dbf4a8c344025fe2e674fbc8089.gif

Fashion for Nevers with Sophie of Gavaldon

i-like-the-new-me-sophie.gif.6db4bdd1fc0e5de622b4d0ebc9064e14.gif

The School for Good and Evil's Sophie is the authority on evil swagger.  She turned the School for Evil upside-down with her reimagining what it means to be a villain.  In this course, I will be learning to be authentically me.

Goal: Every day, I will do one thing to express my authentic self and build my self-confidence.  This could be trying a new hairstyle, adding accessories to my outfits, painting my nails, trying a new makeup look, etc.  There are some budget constraints because of my other coursework, but I can be creative with what I have.

Portraiture with Dorian Gray

tumblr_69aee5c2076ace9637d00a200721ec66_9ca9cd20_540.gif.5946e49231995e674567f62599c81fb6.gif

Professor Gray believes one's power can be developed through portraits.  Lots and lots of portraits.*

Goal:  Daily art practice.  I don't have to finish a work in a day, but some arting needs to happen.  10 minute minimum

* A story from the book Art and Fear illustrates the point that quantity leads to quality.  Students in a ceramics class were divided into 2 sections and told that one section would be graded on pure volume of work --weighed on a bathroom scale --while the other group would be graded solely on the quality of a single ceramic piece.   Guess who produced the highest quality pieces?  The quantity group.

Let's find out

f94ba2ff-98c2-47d0-9dd7-1027de42a901_text.gif.b4f7877534662c9e070d71efe1e7130c.gif

• Like 8
  • That's Metal 4

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

So very here for this!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Laugh Villain GIF by Minions

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Students in a ceramics class were divided into 2 sections and told that one section would be graded on pure volume of work --weighed on a bathroom scale --while the other group would be graded solely on the quality of a single ceramic piece.   Guess who produced the highest quality pieces?  The quantity group.

Monkey No GIF by PG Tips

• Haha 5

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

I love this challenge, such a nice idea and great format. Following 

evil cat GIF

loving the villain theme in the forums at the moment. Here for that ??

10 hours ago, Everstorm said:

doing the most evil thing I can think of: counting calories

This made me laugh so much. Hope it goes well for you both

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

9 hours ago, Sovalis said:

So very here for this!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Laugh Villain GIF by Minions

mad scientist laughing GIF

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Monkey No GIF by PG Tips

Queen Laughing GIF

47 minutes ago, Sea-to-sky said:

I love this challenge, such a nice idea and great format. Following 

evil cat GIF

loving the villain theme in the forums at the moment. Here for that ??

This made me laugh so much. Hope it goes well for you both

Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

40 minutes ago, TimovieMan said:

giphy.gif

Watching I See You GIF by Travis

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

16 hours ago, Everstorm said:

But Once Upon A Time's Rumplestiltskin knows that no price is too high to pay for one's son.  My son leaves for the army in a few months, and we need a couple major workings around this event: 1) he needs to continue to lose weight and 2) we need to save money to travel to his graduation.  Big magic means a big price, and I am preparing to pay it.

Goal:  

1)  Support my son by doing the most evil thing I can think of: counting calories.

2) Reduce spending to save up for the trip.  Yes.  Reduce spending during holiday season.  

815a2aeebe99487af9e28786c1466f48_w200.gif.2d7e618b97fc69afe5c58109c3c08165.gif975231916c41bd990b536bf62a83fbcb_w200.gif.f007a48daca75e78c601e11efa649ed5.gif072d682508bffbde0274790589247ddd_w200.gif.f2510dbf4a8c344025fe2e674fbc8089.gif

Not me tearing up over here ?

Following along!!

• Like 1

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic

2 hours ago, Sea-to-sky said:

With you there. Pain in the neck

Maybe I can get a free trial and binge watch at some point.

Updates:

Wings class will be particularly intense today as I will have an hour session with the physio, not just my at-home exercises.  She takes it as a personal challenge if I say the exercises are easy and finds me increasingly challenging things to attempt ?

Price of Magic:  Calories eaten tracked and dinner calories projected.  Mr. Storm wanted me to make a cake, but I did cupcakes for better potion control.  I easily eat 3 times as much if I slice my own cake.  Not sure how to measure spending, as it's mostly me thinking of things I want to buy and then not buying them.  We are trying to budget our groceries better by planning the month's meals in advance and then actually eating those meals instead of eating out or buying the same stuff from the store again because we didn't thaw the ingredients in time.  Should help with the other aspect of this goal as well.

Fashion for Nevers:  Perforce I had to dress fairly casual today, since therapy is essentially a gym workout.  I am basically wearing my residual self image to cite the Matrix: stretchy olive drab pants, tank top, pony tail.  Basically I am Lara Croft.

alicia-vikander-b8811d3a050445b0bd52f82dca8c19c3.jpg.c8ea9355f062f532afa8743aab0ee5c5.jpg

To add a bit of flair, I put in an assortment of earring studs in my triple piercings and wore a brighter shad of lip gloss than I normally wear.  Baby steps.

Portraiture: Not yet.  This class is generally scheduled for evenings, so I should get it done tonight.

• Like 6

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

17 hours ago, Everstorm said:

The School for Good and Evil's Sophie is the authority on evil swagger.  She turned the School for Evil upside-down with her reimagining what it means to be a villain.  In this course, I will be learning to be authentically me.

Goal: Every day, I will do one thing to express my authentic self and build my self-confidence.  This could be trying a new hairstyle, adding accessories to my outfits, painting my nails, trying a new makeup look, etc.  There are some budget constraints because of my other coursework, but I can be creative with what I have.

I absolutely love that your villainy course has a glamour component. I need this right now. 

Hmm. I don't recognise most of the villains in these gifs. Except Salem the cat/wizard. And Dr Evil. And of course I know Dorian Grey, but only from the book. Am I old now. Or have I just been slacking on watching television? 

Also, does anyone remember madame mim? 

17 hours ago, Everstorm said:

* A story from the book Art and Fear illustrates the point that quantity leads to quality.  Students in a ceramics class were divided into 2 sections and told that one section would be graded on pure volume of work --weighed on a bathroom scale --while the other group would be graded solely on the quality of a single ceramic piece.   Guess who produced the highest quality pieces?  The quantity group.

Yessssss let's have the courage to make bad art! 

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

3 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

The magnificent, marvelous, mad Madam Mim?

s reactions susan GIF

YES!

• Like 2

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

9 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I don't recognise most of the villains in these gifs. Except Salem the cat/wizard. And Dr Evil. And of course I know Dorian Grey, but only from the book. Am I old now. Or have I just been slacking on watching television? 

Most of mine are 10+ years old...maybe we don't watch the same shows?  Maleficent (movie) was 2014, Rumplestiltskin and the Evil Queen/Regina Mills are from Once Upon A Time, a serial which first aired in 2011.  The School for Good and Evil is based on a children's book series.  I watched it with my kids ? (and maybe read most of the books after watching the movie.  Don't judge lol).

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

does anyone remember madame mim? 

1 hour ago, Artemis Prime said:

The magnificent, marvelous, mad Madam Mim?

s reactions susan GIF

Of course!  The Sword in the Stone!

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Yessssss let's have the courage to make bad art! 

?

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

3 hours ago, Everstorm said:

Basically I am Lara Croft.

Not the villain, but I'd accept an argument that she and Indiana Jones are villain-adjacent. I mean, her franchise is literally called "Tomb Raider". That's not even attempting to mask that she's literally one thesaurus perusal away from having "Grave Robber" on her business card.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, Everstorm said:

To add a bit of flair, I put in an assortment of earring studs in my triple piercings and wore a brighter shad of lip gloss than I normally wear.  Baby steps.

I have six piercings, too! And I almost never wear earrings anymore. ? Way to go, adding accessories.

• Thanks 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Not the villain, but I'd accept an argument that she and Indiana Jones are villain-adjacent. I mean, her franchise is literally called "Tomb Raider". That's not even attempting to mask that she's literally one thesaurus perusal away from having "Grave Robber" on her business card.

?  I was describing my default look, not my villain aspirations, but that works, too.

15 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

I have six piercings, too! And I almost never wear earrings anymore. ? Way to go, adding accessories.

I like to wear them, but they kind of irritate my ears so I have to use them sparingly.

• Like 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

4 hours ago, Everstorm said:
5 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

I almost never wear earrings anymore. ? Way to go, adding accessories.

I like to wear them, but they kind of irritate my ears so I have to use them sparingly.

That's pretty much why I stopped, too. And because I stopped having the energy to pick out ones to match my outfits. ? I would like to get a set of silver studs so that they won't turn green, but haven't made that investment yet. ?

• Like 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

7 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

That's pretty much why I stopped, too. And because I stopped having the energy to pick out ones to match my outfits. ? I would like to get a set of silver studs so that they won't turn green, but haven't made that investment yet. ?

Honestly, even the sterling ones irritate my ears sometimes, although that may be more due to the fact that I wear any earrings so irregularly that I have to reopen the piercings half the time when I finally want them in.

• Like 2

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness