Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 9th-November 25th, 2024] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

Welcome aboard one and all, once again and once more to...

The 10/12lbs in 10/12 weeks weight-loss Player-versus-Player challenge!

Now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course, we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there! This playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

Winnie The Pooh Animation GIF by Disney

Feel free to set your goals online with either the 5 weeks of your next two challenges, or include both Week Zeros for a full 12 weeks.  Set goals that you think are realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) It's okay to need a break sometimes, even if it’s not Week 0. If you find you need to take a week off, that’s okay. Take the time you need, and hop back into the spreadsheet when you’re ready. Stick around for the excellent company and to cheer on your fellow pirates.  

Weigh-in sometime this week, and again every week.  Share your data in the SPREADSHEET!  Post your successes, struggles, and tips.

Mtv Love GIF by INTO ACTION

The Rules

1.      Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional. Don’t enter a value for “Current Weight” just yet. That will update automatically as you enter your weekly weigh-ins.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week) is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!

2.      Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or BattleLog too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.

3.      Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between. 

4.      Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

Dog Pet GIF  exercise GIF

Make sure you warm up and cool down during exercise to help prevent injuries! Also if you bicep curl a cat, I wanna see that.

Tips for Success!

1.      Get some exercise! 30 minutes of cardio is great for your bloodpressure and HDL cholesterol! Strength training is great for building muscle and burning fat, and yoga is a great stress buster that challenges your body to move in new ways! Also, exercise is great for getting good sleep!

2.      Eat your veggies! Green leafies are fantastic, but so are non-leafy greens and other colorful veggies!

3.      Stay hydrated! It's good for you whole body, including your brain!

4.      Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to build that accountability network.

5.      Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 

6.      Get enough sleep, and schedule rest days. Not only does rest and sleep help repair and make our bodies stronger, studies show that a good night's sleep will actually clean your brain so you feel refreshed, focused, and less moody the next day. 

7.      Make your inner critic WALK THE PLANK! (arrr, we can still be piratey)

GIF by Rocket Beans TV

This group concept and spreadsheet were created by Rurik, stolen ruthlessly and edited by  Snarkyfishguts because we be piratey that way. Additional Thanks to The Most Loathed and TimovieMan for coding help with the spreadsheet.

• That's Metal 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

I'm not taking credit for the above post. It was entirely pre-prepared by @Snarkyfishguts, I just pasted it in, changed the links, and hit "submit". ?

Starting weight: 92.0 kg / 202.8 lbs (as per last week's weigh-in)

Goal this challenge: 10 lbs loss.

This would put me under my "milestone 2" (88 kg) in time for the Christmas holiday week, where I will undoubtedly mess it all up again. As usual.

Last week's family BBQ and food extravaganza - and the subsequent leftovers - have already dented my progress...

Start weight: 92.0 kg / 202.8 lbs

06/09: 93.5 kg / 206.1 lbs (+1.5 / +3.3)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • That's Metal 1

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

I am in!  Oh, and bonus weeks too!  I updated my goal to 12 pounds due to the bonus weeks.  If I hit that goal by the end of the year that would bring my year's loss to 30 pounds.  I would be very happy indeed.  Progress might be a little slow for the first half because I'm just taking it a little easy during this challenge.  But next challenge is historically when I find it easier to push harder on goals and make up some ground.  I think it should all work out nicely.  

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

I'm here but I'm not sure what my weight is doing right now. I'm up ~4 lbs since Tuesday which I assume is water and inflammation from starting gym workouts again last week. It's definitely not food related. I don't know what a reasonable goal to set would be as I adjust to lifting again. Any advice?

• Like 4

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Sovalis said:

I'm here but I'm not sure what my weight is doing right now. I'm up ~4 lbs since Tuesday which I assume is water and inflammation from starting gym workouts again last week. It's definitely not food related. I don't know what a reasonable goal to set would be as I adjust to lifting again. Any advice?

No advice on a specific goal number but gaining muscle means the scale may not move as much even though you're making progress!  That's probably obvious but it's important to be conscious of it so you don't get discouraged. ❤️ I've used measurements to help me see progress that is marked in centimeters instead of pounds. It helped me push through a plateau in 2022.

On board for another round! 

I'm training for a sub 35 minute 5K race (?Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving) so my activity level is ramping up this challenge. I'm about 15 pounds from pre-pregnancy goal weight but I'll be happy with half that by the end of challenge.

• Like 4

STR   DEX   STA   CON   INT   WIS   CHA

2           0          4         2            0         1         0

Workin' my 'Puff into 'Tuff!

I'm here! I'll be working with Coach at least through Oct 22nd at which point I'll need to determine if I'm confident enough to move along on my own or need to purchase additional month(s) with her. With that said, I don't think I'll be losing a significant amount of scale weight, but I'm mostly looking to body recomp and lose fat while maintaining or even gaining muscle.

With that said, I still want to join in because today's weight is a hiiiiiigh after a dinner and movie date last night. I'm bloated and retaining a lot so my goal of 5lbs actually puts me just a pound under what I've been averaging lately. I have a week-long vacation out of the country in October in which I'll have to get back on track after so this will be perfect for keeping me honest and at least somewhat consistent.

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Back again! I ghosted on this challenge over the summer, but ended up maintaining through a busy summer at least. I'm starting back this week at the exact weight I was in June - 170lbs. Goal is a pretty aggressive 10lbs - hoping to end the year at 160! 

• Like 4

Level 19 Ravenclaw Rebel

Fairy tales do not start, nor do they end, in the dark forest (Ted Lasso)
COMPLETED CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 13.5 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21/21

CURRENT CHALLENGE: Mindful Magic

09/09: 160.2

Boo for 160... Though it was in my rearview mirror! The scale says my fat percentage went down though, so maybe its muscle? A girl can declude herself ?. Still a better spot than I was at the beginning of last challenge and the line on this graph is never smooth.

Let's go!

• Like 4

Starting weight: 246.5

W1 9/9: 249.3 (+2.3)

Well that's a bummer.  I was quite happy with my starting weight and then ate like a dickhead all weekend.   Starting a few steps behind but there's only one direction to head.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight: 66.6kg (146lbs).

Participating here for the first time, since I need to get back to my weight class of <65kg. No specific plans yet, just being a little bit mindful of what I eat, and making sure I get some more steps in. Stress is always a big influence on my weight-gain/loss, so I will try to do some more journaling and planning so that I'll have less stress in my day-to-day life.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Waanie said:

Participating here for the first time,

Welcome! 

06/09: 93.5 kg / 206.1 lbs

13/09: 92.35 kg / 203.6 lbs (-1.15 / -2.5)

More or less back to the start weight. That means it takes two full weeks to get rid of one weekend of "food extravaganza" excess. So as long as that happens only once every three weeks (or less), I'm set, right? ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimovieMan said:

That means it takes two full weeks to get rid of one weekend of "food extravaganza" excess. So as long as that happens only once every three weeks (or less), I'm set, right? ?

Seems legit

Shirley Temple Giggle GIF

• Haha 1

09/16: 159.8

right direction! :) Starting to think about nutrition side of things... I definitely need to eat more protein. No solid plans yet, just gathering ideas on Pinterest/internet.

Happy Monday Rebels!

• Like 2

09/23: 159.2

Slow progress is still progress. The scale isn't moving much but my pants fit a lot better. If I keep this up, maybe I can return a couple pre baby shorts/pants to my wardrobe!! :D

• Like 2

Hi Friends!

I've been slacking. Things are so very hectic in my world with work, helping the Man with his MBA, and tying up loose ends for travel. I'm not putting much effort into much outside of that until after I return from vacation (should be back the 14th if I can manage to be productive haha!)

I'm still here, though, and I'm most certainly cheering you on and thinking of you often ❤️ 

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Late to the party, but here now (which is what counts).

still struggling with the recovery from a very nasty sprained ankle, so this is more a watching i dont snack exercise for me. 

hopefully will help keep me on track (at least with the regular weighing) in the lead up to xmas. 

we just had a house guest for 2 weeks and i managed to out on 3pounds what with eating out and not being able to exercise as much as normal. So frustrating

• Like 3

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8

13/09: 92.35 kg / 203.6 lbs

27/09: 92.5 kg / 203.9 lbs (+0.15 / +0.3)

Meh. Acceptable.

• Like 2

Final post before vacation - I'm up but my macros are also up. I also had a couple days of very little water and food was out so I had to work with the options I had which weren't idea. Between the stress of being behind on projects AND going on vacation, I'm spent. This is okay. It is completely normal to hold on to water weight given all these factors.

I'm doing great in the gym and hitting PBs/PRs and I'm happy with that. Coach is very happy with where I am and I signed on an extra few months (through Feb 22nd) during the major deal they had going (I pretty much got a month and a half free) for returning or current clients to coincide with their end of the year Strong Girls promotion. My coaching was set to end Oct 22nd which only 10 days after I get back from vacation and I know I'll need more than 10 days of accountability. Plus with holiday season coming up, it definitely helps to have a Coach to keep me honest and accountable. I put money on it so I'm more likely to stick to it!

There will be plenty of walking and swimming on this vacation. Food is unknown, but it is an island so I imagine plenty of seafood - I'm okay with this! I feel like I have the tools to be fairly mindful without overly restricting anything. The key will be to maintain my water intake and ensure I'm getting protein and fiber. Given the seafood options, I don't think protein will be as big of a struggle as fiber will be.

See y'all in a couple weeks ? Just know I'm cheering you on even if I'm not posting

• Like 3

13/09: 92.35 kg / 203.6 lbs

27/09: 92.5 kg / 203.9 lbs

04/10: 92.45 kg / 203.8 lbs (-0.05 / -0.1)

Status quo, but this is mostly because there were a LOT of treats at the office yesterday, and I overindulged a little. Scale had said 91.5 kg earlier this week (I forgot if it was Tuesday or Wednesday).

• Like 2

09/30: 159.5

Forgot to post, but did weigh in on Monday. :)   Salty snacks are really getting to me this week! I need to get that under control but not likely to happen this weekend with daughter's birthday celebration and all the treats that go along with that. 

• Like 2

09/30: 159.5

10/07: 159.1

Well at this point IDK that I will actually lose the planned 8 pounds in this challenge. ? Activity is high and I have lost a couple centimeters but I guess I need to actually address the nutrition aspect if I want the scale to budge.  But where to start?!   Breakfast I think. Less bagels and muffins, more eggs and oatmeal.

• Like 2

27/9 - 233.7 lb

8/10 - 228.5lb

Finally remembered to weigh. Down 5lb. Some of the difference will be water loss and hormones though due to when i weighed last time. Means i am back to what i was before the end of august so that is positive. As the inflammation is finally gone now that is also going to be part of it, so positive that i didnt put much on from having to stay on the sofa for weeks die to the ankle injury. 

• Like 2

the creative spelling comes as standard. Enjoy! 
A journey of thousand miles, begins with a single step - Lao Tzu

Challenge: #1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8