Forums are back in action! ×

New Challenger Has Appeared

Hello All,

I have been a long time reader of the website and have decided to finally make the dive and join on the forums. I am just your regular guy trying to find a better job, be a good husband, and trying to get through my backlog of videogames.

I am in halfway decent shape. My weight for the past few months has been at a steady 155lbs give or take a few pounds here or there. I have been married since April of this year and we are saving up for our actual ceremony later next year.

I am really interested in in getting my strength up and in working on my agility. My cardio sucks. Always has and most likely always will. I have enlarged glands in my throat and a deviated septum which make long time running very difficult for me.

Over the past few years I have been improving my physical conditioning and health overall. Back in 2010 I weighed in at almost 190 and two of my closest friends(one is now my wife) decided to challenge ourselves to see who could get in the best shape by summer of 2010. I dropped down to 165 in about 3-4months. I dropped my final 10 pounds in a week of horrible drinking and partying. Not the best way to lose weight but I have been able to stay far away from that kind of situation.

Well that is my life story. Sorry for the long post. No potato here.

Time for me to get to work.

Half Dwarf/ Half Human. All Deadly

STR-3, DEX-2, STA-2, CON-1, WIS-3, CHA-4

There is a lot you can do besides run. I have a bad knee so no distance runs for me either. I've been doing interval training which only entails running in 30 second spurts even if you can't do that you can walk. Glad you joined in and see in the next challenge.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Thanks Laureleye. My knees used to be a huge problem for me. Back when I started getting in shape in 2010 I stayed away from the treadmill and running in general. I used the elliptical since that was low strain on my knees. My knees are no longer an issue though. After a few months of strong leg workouts every week the pain went away. My block is 200 meters long so I will use that as my measuring stick.

Half Dwarf/ Half Human. All Deadly

STR-3, DEX-2, STA-2, CON-1, WIS-3, CHA-4

Welcome G3Charmazing!

Good luck with your goals. :D

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived