Forums are back in action! ×

Finally trying to make a difference

Hello, I'm Samaiya and I'm a beginner to working out and dieting. But for the first time in a long time I really want to try and get in shape and this seems as good a place as any.

Current plan:

I see that the next challenge begins on Nov 12th which actually really works out for me as it gives me time to slowly work myself into the right mind-frame for something a little more intense than I'm used to. I want work on making some healthier food choices and possibly stocking up my house with more success foods and less temptation. I also want to force myself to go for daily walks, to myself into the habit of making time for exercise everyday and to maybe prepare myself for more intense workouts while lowering my chances of burning out before I even begin.

Profession for upcoming challenge:

I'm to go this round as an Adventurer. I think this may give me a good overview of what I might like and what I may end up dreading. Though, I have a feeling I might be working towards Assassin. I know I already thoroughly enjoy rock-climbing and if I could manage to work my way toward actual free-running... well, that would be really cool. At the moment, these skills are far beyond my work-out level but I hope to use the time I spend building muscle/losing fat/developing healthy habits to research what resources I have in my community to work toward pursuing that plan.

Motivations:

The main reason I have decided to make an active difference in health is actually due a bit of poor luck. I found out I was pregnant about two months ago, which was great news, but sadly lost the baby about three weeks ago. I have no miscarriage risk factors so it was a fluke of nature as it sometimes happens. My husband and I have grieved and coped with our loss and we have made the decision that we want to try again. This time I was able to do research and find out what you can/should do before you get pregnant. One of the biggest recommendations is that you should start to exercise and eat healthy to get into shape. So here I am trying to do just that and hopefully create a much better experience for me, my husband, and, most of all, my future children.

Support:

My husband is by far my biggest motivator. He is always there to help me exercise and constantly suggesting healthy foods and some type of exercise. Now it's my job to step up to the plate to try to make the job easier for him and do my best to be motivated and keep him going with me.

So far I love what this site has to offer and I will working my butt (hopefully that's literally) to make better life for me and those around me.

Samaiya
Classless Dwarf
Level 1

STR 1|DEX 0|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

My First Challenge | My Current Challenge

Weight Loss Goal (10/50 lbs)

20%
20%

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.â€

― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

That must be so hard to deal with. Your husband sounds like a great guy and very supportive. This is a great site, everyone is very postive and helpful. So if there's something you don't understand, ask about it. Have you decided what type of plan you're going to start with?

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Well, I'm still a little unsure about how I'm going to really work everything out. But after some thought I've come up with a plan of how I want to workout on each day.

Monday: Weight training

Tuesday: Aerobic Training

Wednesday: Rock Climbing

Thursday: Yoga

Friday: Martial Arts Training

Saturday: Zumba

Sunday: Parkour Training

Samaiya
Classless Dwarf
Level 1

STR 1|DEX 0|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 2|CHA 2

My First Challenge | My Current Challenge

Weight Loss Goal (10/50 lbs)

20%
20%

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.â€

― Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Welcome Samaiya!

I think that is a great motivator and I wish you MUCH success! P.S. Sounds like you have an awesome husband. :peaceful:

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived