Forums are back in action! ×

Hi Everyone.

I'm new to online forums and blogging so bare with me.

I am not sure what class I am so I went with Adventurer. I used to be a swimmer/diver because I love being in the water. Not sure where to go as I have started many diets in the last two years trying to loose weight gained after back surgery. Having been someone who never watched her weight it came as a shock to me how hard it is to do. I'm a grandmother who wants to be a healthy example for her grandkids and basically just want to get back to being healthy. I weigh in at 195lbs and am borderline diabetic. My biggest challenge is finding a way to manage meals and planning. My husband wants to be supportive but since the kids left home it's so much easier to hit fast food on the way home with just the two of us. Neither one of us wants to cook!!

Looking forward to meeting others who are going through the same problems and hopefully we can help motivate and challenge each other to reach our goals. I am looking forward to the next 6 week challenge starting next week and thinking hard on what I want my goals to be.

I would like to thank everyone in advance, just reading through some of these posts makes me feel like I'm not struggling alone.

See you in the trenches!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steeler-Girl

Celtic Adventurer Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 |CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.â€

Zig Ziglar

Welcome to the forum Steeler-Girl!

If neither you or your husband like to cook or want to cook, have you looked into Dinner to Go programs? They cost a little more than most people want to pay but its another option. :)

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hi! Welcome to the fun!

Being an adventurer is a great place to start, you get to try a little bit of everything, and hopefully it will help you find specific skills you have that you want to enhance.

I'm similar to you, though I'm nowhere close to being a grandmother. I was a swimmer in high school, though I wasn't very good. You'll find a lot of great threads for swimmers here.

Living with my parents and grandfather is difficult because they don't make healthy eating terribly easy. In fact, my dad picks on me for it. You just have to work yourself into a routine that works for you. Once your husband sees how much better good food is making you feel, he might start to jump on board. That's what happened with my mom. She tries to accommodate me in meals the best she can, and I think it's having a positive affect on everyone.

Good luck, and welcome!

Level 4 Shape Shifting AdventurerSTR: 3.5 | DEX: 6.5 | STA: 6.0CON: 5.75 | WIS: 8.25 | CHA: 7.25

I'm not a grandmother, but I play one on TV...really I'm plenty old enough to be one, just no kids. I'm feeling so good since I joined in, and just finished my first challenge. If you want an idea what some of your fellow-adventurers are doing for the next challenge, check out this thread. More later, lunch is over...

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Hooray and welcome to the rebellion! Swimmer diver, eh? Us scouts need more aquatic folk... just sayin' :)

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Thanks all for your support! It's pretty awesome getting feedback and encouragement.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Steeler-Girl

Celtic Adventurer Level 1

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 3 |CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.â€

Zig Ziglar

Good luck! Get those challenges up. Cant help but notice the Steeler-Girl name. Hoping Pittsburgh Steelers? My dad is a ginormous fan and even went to the AFC Championship game in Pitt to see them last year I believe it was.

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

I am assuming that your name refers to your NFL affiliation. If so, THAT'S AWESOME. If not, doesn't matter. Anywho, welcome to the boards. I also had back surgery a while back to correct terrible scoliosis, so I empathize with the rigors that can bring.

Lvl 8 Half-Orc Warrior
STR: 25 | DEX: 11.75 | STA: 9.75
CON: 13.5 | WIS: 10.75 | CHA: 3

Challenge | DAI-GURREN | Stop Smoking

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding. - TMBG

Pay the Iron Price. - Balon Greyjoy

Archived