Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from Derby

Hi all,

Just thought I would say hi and let you know a little about me, I'm a student at derby university, England, and basically i want to get into better shape, my main issue is i don't really know what is good/bad to eat. so i thought about starting a paleo style diet but with a few twists to keep me sane. I'm hoping to lose about a stone (currently 11 stone) and build muscle a bit. I decided to start taking circuit training classes and went to my first one last night, it was a good insight to how out of shape i am, i seemed to struggle with cardio a little.

I have worked out before, i started this year at 13 stone so i can do it but its motivation to get started i found difficult. I fell off the fitness wagon in august for some reason and its taken me until now to realise i need to get a grip.

So before i rabbit on too long (too late already i suspect) ill finish.

Rob.

Welcome to the rebellion! It sounds like you can start allright, its the staying started that is the challenge (like so many of us others). There is a great paleo community here, I encourage you to check out the Diet/Nutrition folders for more info. What seems to work for most of us Nerds is an Epic goal or two, then start breaking them down, why do you want those goals? How will you get there? Break down the big goals into smaller, more attainable goals along the way then figure out how to get to the first set of goals instead of trying to do everything all at once. So my first question: Why do you want to fix your diet get, get to 10 stone, and build muscle?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Welcome to the rebellion! It sounds like you can start allright, its the staying started that is the challenge (like so many of us others). There is a great paleo community here, I encourage you to check out the Diet/Nutrition folders for more info. What seems to work for most of us Nerds is an Epic goal or two, then start breaking them down, why do you want those goals? How will you get there? Break down the big goals into smaller, more attainable goals along the way then figure out how to get to the first set of goals instead of trying to do everything all at once. So my first question: Why do you want to fix your diet get, get to 10 stone, and build muscle?

Basically i know my diet before was rubbish, because i was eating rubbish foods, to much pizza microwave meals and pringles :) im not sure why 10 stone exactly, i got to 10 stone 7 pounds in about july time and i guess i figure 10 seems to be about right, that may very well be wrong but thats why i came here for advice :) and by muscle i dont mean i want to be worlds strongest man size but id like some more strength and good definition. partly its all a case of i want to make sure im not giving myself health problems ill have to live with forever and partly its just to feel a bit better about me i suppose.

Hi Rob from down south

Good luck on getting fitter!

I'd have thought 10 stone sounds pretty light for a guy, although it depends on build & height. Well done on your current weight loss!

Eirlys - Long Time Wood Fairy Druid

Current Challenge: S4 (Sleep, Sugar, Spending, Son)

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Done is better than perfect

-- Facebook

Welcome to the rebellion B088Y!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Archived