Forums are back in action! ×

Another soldier enlists to the rebellion

Hi guys, my name is Tom, I'm from Suffolk, England

Basically since September 2006 I've been slowly developing some really bad habits and the results, whilst not grotesque as such, are far from ideal. Since I graduated from University in 2009 my life hasn't exactly gone to plan. I live in a fairly rural area with little to no job prospects, my current job is alright but not very well paid, my social life has all but collapsed in the wake of leaving University. So I sit here as an overweight, balding 25 year old man with bizzarely selective social anxiety, mild depression most likely related to my poor diet and lack of exercise, and a lack of motivation to make my life better. It's not all bad, but it's not ideal either. So why did I sign up here? For three goals:

1. Lose weight, be healthier, be more attractive

2. Overcome anxiety and improve my social life

3. Grab life by the throat and don't let go until it gives me what I want (figuratively speaking)

Whilst I have a lot of ambition, namely to become a published author, my lack of motivation is keeping me from achieving that. I hope that through joining the rebellion I will be able to achieve my goals and in turn, help others to achieve their goals too.

Anyway, pleased to meet you all, wish me luck!

Tom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Half-Orc Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | CON: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 0

'Who is there to make you the man you want to be but yourself?'

Hi Tom. I'm going to recommend the beginners body weight training and some intervals too. I've been doing that since late June and my mood is so much better. The great thing about the BBW is that you don't need a gym or much equipment at all. Even if you don't go paleo, cleaning up your diet is bound to be helpful too. I'll also recommend that you join the challenge that's in progress. You'll need concrete goals and plans, and you'll need to report. Great for motivation and social skills, right? Remember, motivation can only come from within, and we can only provide provide some kicks. *kick*

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome to the Rebellion Tom!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Hi Tom. I'm going to recommend the beginners body weight training and some intervals too. I've been doing that since late June and my mood is so much better. The great thing about the BBW is that you don't need a gym or much equipment at all. Even if you don't go paleo, cleaning up your diet is bound to be helpful too. I'll also recommend that you join the challenge that's in progress. You'll need concrete goals and plans, and you'll need to report. Great for motivation and social skills, right? Remember, motivation can only come from within, and we can only provide provide some kicks. *kick*

Thanks for the advice, I'll get right on that. I've worked out a reasonable weight loss schedule, and I do have one massive benefit that others don't: A small gym in my garage.

Cleaning up my diet is going to be my start off point though, I eat a lot of crap and for no real reason a lot of the time. Will be glad to see it go

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Half-Orc Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 0 | CON: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 0

'Who is there to make you the man you want to be but yourself?'

Archived