Forums are back in action! ×

well hey guys!

So I stumbled upon this website/forum when I was researching the paleo diet, and it seemed like a great community to get involved with, so Ill start by introducing myself..

I'm a college student studying neuroscience, and i love fitness. (neuroscience i know :hypnotysed: )

I dont consider myself over weight, but I like to be fit. I always played sports growing up, and due to a hip problem, I had to stop playing all the sports I did to keep in shape. I started to feel gross, so two years ago I researched a program called Athlean-XX for women. IT WAS GREAT. I lost 12 lbs and was in the best shape of my life, eating great on the new "diet" they gave us, which they called a lifestyle (which it is). I tried my best to keep it up, but sadly, I gained a little of it back. Last spring I decided to do Insanity! talk about insane.. It was so tough and probably the best hour workouts i've ever gotten in my life.. I got back down and felt great, although I couldn't complete the program because time just did not permit. I felt great and got my weight back down.

now being a first semester college student, I tried my best to keep my weight down, however with the disgusting food that they offer, its pretty hard. I gained some weight back and with the stress of work, and even being sick for 5 weeks, i feel gross and wish i could get back into the fitness that I want!

My mom just recently found the paleo diet and recommended it to me. Ive heard nothing but great reviews about it and would love to give it a try.. AND to get my fitness and weight back to where i like it :)

I have 38 days until i go to florida, trying to get into shape and feel good about myself before then..

well hi and i'm looking forward to the community!

welcome to NF - best of luck on the paleo diet! it can make a big difference. if your college food is ANYTHING like my experience, then you have your work cut out for you. don't be afraid to be the picky eater or ask for something special. just make sure you thank whatever wait staff/food service employee is helpful!!

Introspective Bookworm (Lvl 6)STR 8.5 | DEX 10 | STA 11 | CON 13 | WIS 15 | CHA 11Look, I... I may not be an explorer, or an adventurer, or a treasure-seeker, or a gunfighter, Mr. O'Connell, but I am proud of what I am. I... am a librarian. (Rachel Weiss, The Mummy)Intro/Current Challenge | Fitocracy | MFP 

Welcome to the rebellion reggierocket!

GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

Welcome reggierocket! I'm new to the forum and diet as well. I'm starting Paleo this Saturday and looking forward to the challenge of staying on the wagon through the holidays. A Vermonter eh? I'm just across the "pond" so hello neighbor! Best of luck with Paleo!

♣IRISHodabred♣, Level 2 Celtic Hound Archon Ranger: STR 8|DEX 5|STA 6|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 6

2nd Challenge Log: Will Squat for...

1st Challenge Log: Gym Class Hero Challenge

“Discipline Is Choosing Between What You Want Now And What You Want Most.â€

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't"

"Do or do not, there is no try"

Archived