Forums are back in action! ×

Over half way there.. Thank you NerdFitness (pictures added) Updated 01/18/2015

You look great, dude! Keep slamming those goals in the face! x)

Thank you ! It's still a long way to go but I can't wait to get there =)

You're doing an awesome job and looking great! Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you very much... and I love the hat :playful:  I want one. Firefly is one of my all time favorites

jayne2.jpg

• Like 4

Level: 2 Half Orc Class: Adventurer  STR: 3 DEX: 3 STA: 3 CON: 3 WIS: 2 CHA: 1

My Daily Battle

"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

Thank you very much... and I love the hat :playful:  I want one. Firefly is one of my all time favorites

jayne2.jpg

Thanks! It's one of my favorites too. I'm actually about to go watch an episode or two while doing laundry. It's actually wicked comfortable too, I highly recommend you get one. I bought mine at thinkgeek.com, but a lot of people are making and selling them on etsy.com (but search for Cunning Hat, FOX tried getting people to stop making/selling them, but people just stopped calling them Jayne/Firefly Hats and avoided the cease and desist).

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

You're welcome! Glad to help a fellow Browncoat. And yay for being your fav nerd today :)

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thank you ! It's still a long way to go but I can't wait to get there =)

jayne2.jpg

Been looking for wicked things to do to whack down the

feeling of worrying what people think of me. Thanks.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Power rack and stuff will be here Tuesday =)

I needed to add another little woot too....

So some people at work have made comments about my weight loss mostly over the last month and a half, which is awesome. I'm glad I made it to a point where someone other than my wife can notice, but today was the best. I'm sitting at my desk getting ready to eat my lunch when one of the guys from across the hall came in. He didn't say hi just walked up tp me and said "OK what is it you're eating to loose all this weight cause obviously it's working and I need to do something" I was kinda caught off guard, I mean I've never been the person people ask about heath/diet. I've been the guy that gets asked where the best place for a burger, Chinese food or pizza is. It might be nothing special but I took it as a big complement to my progress =) So anyway I just told him, no sugar, no grains maybe rice twice a week, only butter and some hard cheeses for dairy, sweet potatoes, cook with only olive oil or coconut oil and the only thing I  drink is water, black coffee and tea maybe with a bit of honey. He asked about coconut oil being high in fat and I told him fat's not a demon and it not the fat you get from super heating vegetable oil it's fine and you need dietary fat plus it help keep you feeling full.

He seemed receptive to it saying "yea I figured it was the carbs I'll start there cause I don't think I could do it all at once"  Didn't want to get into the carb debate and how you need it but from vegetable and sweet potatoes not the jug of pretzels that's in the office lol

So now I wonder do I just leave it at that? I wanted to send him the NF article on Paleo and a link to John Durant's book (The Paleo Manifesto, I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it) But I don't want to A: Overwhelm him or B: seem pushy.

What do you guys think I should do?

• Like 2

My Daily Battle

You will never be free until you free yourself from the prison of your own false thoughts.

Power rack and stuff will be here Tuesday =)

I needed to add another little woot too....

So some people at work have made comments about my weight loss mostly over the last month and a half, which is awesome. I'm glad I made it to a point where someone other than my wife can notice, but today was the best. I'm sitting at my desk getting ready to eat my lunch when one of the guys from across the hall came in. He didn't say hi just walked up tp me and said "OK what is it you're eating to loose all this weight cause obviously it's working and I need to do something" I was kinda caught off guard, I mean I've never been the person people ask about heath/diet. I've been the guy that gets asked where the best place for a burger, Chinese food or pizza is. It might be nothing special but I took it as a big complement to my progress =) So anyway I just told him, no sugar, no grains maybe rice twice a week, only butter and some hard cheeses for dairy, sweet potatoes, cook with only olive oil or coconut oil and the only thing I  drink is water, black coffee and tea maybe with a bit of honey. He asked about coconut oil being high in fat and I told him fat's not a demon and it not the fat you get from super heating vegetable oil it's fine and you need dietary fat plus it help keep you feeling full.

He seemed receptive to it saying "yea I figured it was the carbs I'll start there cause I don't think I could do it all at once"  Didn't want to get into the carb debate and how you need it but from vegetable and sweet potatoes not the jug of pretzels that's in the office lol

So now I wonder do I just leave it at that? I wanted to send him the NF article on Paleo and a link to John Durant's book (The Paleo Manifesto, I highly recommend this book if you haven't read it) But I don't want to A: Overwhelm him or B: seem pushy.

What do you guys think I should do?

*Appreciating nod* You are doing well. Keep up the good work! :)

I may sound harsh, not really the intention, but don't talk yourself down of what you feel like is great.

This is a big thing in my opinion, and that people trust you is important.

Imagine the positive effect you've had on his life already, being an example and all.

It matters.

Maybe you can keep a little eye on him? If it seems like he's struggling, offer more help.

Sometimes a simple encouragement goes a long way.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Fantastic progress!

I would let him try the no carb thing on his own and if he comes back complaining about how hard it is or how he doesn't get how it works, offer to send him the article.  OR, if he comes back looking for more advice.  Baby steps man.  Don't overwhelm him.  You'll scare him off.

• Like 1

"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.  Fear is the little death that causes total obliteration.  I will face my fear.  I will allow it to pass over me and through me until only I remain."

My Current Challenge

Level 2 Bene Gesserit Assassin

STR 4 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 4 | CHA 3

Hey all I've been gone for awhile but BIG woot today... after getting down to 237 and doing the warrior dash (woot)  I fell off the wagon for a few months and put 17-20lbs back on (damn Taco bell breakfast) but I got back to it (see battle log) and I finally hit another goal. Finished week 10 of 5x5 Friday and at my weigh in today 235 lbs holy freaking WOOT!! I haven't been this weight since High school graduation nearly 12 years... Yes I had a set back so it's taken too long and still have 40 or more lbs to go but I couldn't be happier right now. I'm going to see about trying on some 36 waist pants at the store today and see how that goes... maybe I'll get another woot in today. I just needed to share with all you wonderful nerds and tell anyone with doubt. If I can do this so can you. Even if you're down and out gave up haven't worked out in weeks months or years it's never to late. Oh and @hurley8604 I now have a cunning hat made by a fellow Browncoat's mother =P

compareall01-18-2015-jpeg_zps768059d4.jp20150118_143957_zpsac42ea59.jpg

• Like 4

My Daily Battle

Dude, awesome job on getting to this point! You deserve a double woot! Woot, woot!

And this is indeed a very cunning hat :)

• Like 1

Current challenge

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Thanks Hurley =) So I did it.. bought a pair of 36 waist jeans and wore them all day =) Now to get rid of the spare tire around my waist and start tucking in shirts on a regular basis. ~80 lbs down I still can't believe it! here's to the next 40 =)

• Like 3

My Daily Battle

Oh hell yes. Finally did a dead hang pull up. Can't even remember the last time I did one of these. Even pre work out im still stoked!

My Daily Battle

Great job Zarklin! Even though I just found you today, I can see that you are not finished yet and will be a further inspiration to those around you.

Even though I am not losing weight, seeing your progress motivates me to perform better and really analyze what I am doing to progress myself.  Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing/hearing more about your progress.

[On a side note, totally wouldn't mess with you if I saw you walking down the street with that hat; but it is comforting to know that if I couldn't run with you, I'd walk, and if I couldn't walk with you....well, you know the rest ;) ]

• Like 1

Half-elven Ranger

Current Challenge: Jumpin' back in the fray

Thank you all so much for the kind and encouraging words. I still have a long road ahead and can't thank this community enough for helping me get where I am and keeping me going =) Rock on nerds!

My Daily Battle