Forums are back in action! ×

Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality has ended :(

So, after 122 chapters and more words than in the combined original Harry Potter canon, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality has reached the end.

Anyone else here been following the series?

The number of times this book has left me in reading hangover mode are..... so many.

I'm feeling sad that it's now over but I couldn't have asked for a better ending. I really hope Eliezer Yudkowsky writes more stuff.

For anyone who doesn't know it, the book follows an alternative version of Harry Potter who grew up learning muggle science and the scientific method, and who uses this knowledge to do awesome things during his time at Hogwarts.

You can read the whole thing for free here

Its awesome.

methods_of_rationality_by_zerinity-small

• Like 3

Ideal weight: 78kg | starting weight: 63.8kg

LeadVonE - Level 1 Warrior

Past challenges: 1 2 3 4

I was reading that! I almost never read fanfiction anymore, but that one was sooo good it kept me reading!

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Wow, I hadn't known this existed.  I absolutely love it.  Thank goodness this post existed, otherwise I might never have found it.  Are there similar wonderful things?

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

Yes actually, there is a huge amount of HP fan fiction, so there are also quite a few gems! If you go to fanfiction.net and simply sort on amount of favorites on reviews you can read the most popular ones first. Popular opinion doesn't always get it right, but HPMOR does have a record amount of favs/reviews, so they get some things right ;)

I do miss HPMOR, it was quite brilliant. Now that the high of it is over, I can look back and notice that some things aren't quite right, like his turnaround on dumbledore... it felt like he rushed in a bit too many extra plot points at the end... but yea, still completely brilliant. When he started updating the ending I gave it to my boyfriend to read and I'll never forget the way he giggled for close to 5 minutes somewhere in the first 20 chapters. (maybe the universe-altering drink?)

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram