Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

On 12/15/2016 at 7:26 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Hide contents

The sleigh continues to climb and to slow until it reaches a moment, nearly 200 ft off the ground when the universe stops. The reindeer are running for all they are worth but for one infinite moment, there is no motion except the slight tug of the breeze across your warm, if unattractive clothes. Then begins the gradual slide backwards...

As the sleigh climbs and begins to stall, Oramac looks around for the bird and the castle, trying to get his bearings.  Watching the Gnome astride the bird, Oramac shoots him only if he has a clear shot to incapacitate the Gnome.  

Once that's done, he stows his bow.  Stealing a quick look at Max to make sure he's ok, Oramac turns his attention to the sleigh and their quickly deteriorating flight situation.  Taking the reins, he attempts to steer the sleigh back towards the ground at what he hopes is a nice shallow trajectory. 

Got in a workout yesterday.  Not a great workout, but a workout nonetheless.  Also spent about an hour on self-care before bedtime.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

1 hour of cardio and 30 minutes of learning done

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Without much regard for his personal well-being, DarK_RaideR drops from the saddle in pursuit of the mysterious gnome.

Dark_Raider drops from the bird. He misses any major tree limbs on the way down, landing in a snowy forest with little more than a stumble. At first he doesn't even know where to begin but a spiral pattern eventually brings him to a set of tracks with a decided limp to one leg. He's not making any effort to hide his path. He seems to be heading in a straight line, in the same direction the bird was carrying you.

59 minutes ago, Oramac said:

As the sleigh climbs and begins to stall, Oramac looks around for the bird and the castle, trying to get his bearings.  Watching the Gnome astride the bird, Oramac shoots him only if he has a clear shot to incapacitate the Gnome.  

Once that's done, he stows his bow.  Stealing a quick look at Max to make sure he's ok, Oramac turns his attention to the sleigh and their quickly deteriorating flight situation.  Taking the reins, he attempts to steer the sleigh back towards the ground at what he hopes is a nice shallow trajectory. 

Reveal hidden contents

Got in a workout yesterday.  Not a great workout, but a workout nonetheless.  Also spent about an hour on self-care before bedtime.

Oramac draws his bow but with Dark_Raider on the bird with the gnome, it's impossible to get a clear shot. 

Max is good He's not happy about all the bumps but he's safe.

Sawing the reins hard to the right the reindeer begin to swing around. The sleigh shudders as it seems to be sliding at 90 degrees to its natural orientation. 

• Like 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

The sleigh stutters and skips. There is a moment where rolling it seems like a real probability it the sleigh tumbling and everyone being dumped to te ground. ZenLara places a commanding hand on the reins and the reindeer respond, rushing past the sleigh, whipping the sleigh around so everyone can now see all too well just how quickly the ground is coming towards them. Thankfully, you were quite a ways off the ground and the reindeer, with the combined effort of Oramac and ZenLara bring the sleigh into a horizontal plane and everyone is rushed along the treetops behind the flying bird. ZenLara's sharp eyes spot a silhouette drop into the trees and the bird begins to climb but stays on a straight path.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

ZenLara's sharp eyes spot a silhouette drop into the trees and the bird begins to climb but stays on a straight path.

Can we follow the bird?

• Like 1
Spoiler

20 hours ago, Terah said:

Can we follow the bird?

The sleigh takes off after the bird. With the combined inertia of the rapid descent and the powerful pull of your eight tiny reindeer you have no problem following the now unladen bird you could probably catch it if you wanted to...

Dark_Raider sees the bobbing silhouette of the gnome ahead of him as he jogs easily through an idyllic forest...

From the sleigh, it appears that the first glow of an impending sunrise can be seen over the horizon. A moment more though and it's clear that it's not a sunrise, it's the warm steady glow of a well-lit building in the night.  The bird is headed straight for it. 

Dark_Raider, you realize that for you to see a silhouette there must be a light source. As the Gnome passes out of a large clearing, plunging into the woods again the light grows stronger.

The party is outside of a solid, smallish castle, every room of the castle appears to be lit and general motion can be seen from it. Both groups (well, the group and separately Dark_Raider) are approaching from the same direction, which appears to be forested as far as you can see. You all appear to be on the back side of the castle, from the sleigh you can see the stars glittering off of a large lake on the other side and a strip of darkness through the lake that some people might figure out is a long, straight road. 

Dark_Raider can still see the gnome. He could still catch it as it runs towards the structure, he can't tell how well lit or how close he would be if he tried. Similarly, the sleigh riders can still see the bird which appears to be headed towards a large opening at the top of one of the stout towers. You could probably still catch it but it's impossible to tell how close to the castle you will be when you intersect it. 

There is a largish clearing below the sleigh. Dark_Raider, you are at the edge of a large clearing.

You have the next 24ish hours to freely narrate whatever you choose to do. Things like shooting at your prey, pursuing it, falling back and so on. From now through the rest of the week is pretty much one long encounter. Cardio lets you run, strength lets you attack, skills and knowledge let you have in depth knowledge about something. meditation or bodyweight work lets you sneak, self care lets you heal or help someone. Since a bodyweight workout can be strength too, if you do one you can use it as either sneaking or attacking, you don't have to decide until you use it. 

I know Christmas is coming, plan on this encounter winding down about Christmas eve, we'll have a few quieter days than we'll have an encounter the week between Christmas and New Year and then we're done. 

• Like 3

I just finished 3 hours of zumba (cardio). Can I run after the gnome? 

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Terah said:

I just finished 3 hours of zumba (cardio). Can I run after the gnome? 

You can't actually see the gnome since you're flying and he's on the ground, running in the trees but, if you want, you can land the sleigh in the clearing below you and see if you see him (you can) and try and run him down. 

5 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

You can't actually see the gnome since you're flying and he's on the ground, running in the trees but, if you want, you can land the sleigh in the clearing below you and see if you see him (you can) and try and run him down. 

Yes, let's do that!

• Like 1
Spoiler

The sleigh lands in a large clearing, not far from the castle. Those in the sleigh and see the silhouette of a short human in a pointy hat running towards the castle. At the same time Dark_Raider sees his entire party has joined him in the clearing. As they all pile from the sleigh and head towards the castle they realize that they can catch the humanoid before it reaches the gates, they will be in the ring of light surrounding the castle if they choose to do so. There are obvious guards outside the gate the humanoid is running for. 

You can spend cardio to catch the gnome

Spend strength work to attack the guards or gnome

Spend self care and mindfulness/learning to know more about the situation

Spend bodyweight to try and ninja closer without the guards seeing you

• Like 4

On 12/19/2016 at 7:30 AM, The Most Loathed said:

Last Thursday: workout = Strength

Yesterday: workout = Strength

Watched Critical Role while wrapping Xmas gifts: Self-care???  Not sure on that one. 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

32 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Last Thursday: workout = Strength

Yesterday: workout = Strength

Watched Critical Role while wrapping Xmas gifts: Self-care???  Not sure on that one. 

heh, we'll call it self care. I haven't kept up with Critical Role in a while. I liked that. 

Oramac sees (and for the sake of expedience communicates to the group) the gnome is out into the clearing around the castle. He's heading straight for a door and the guards seem to have spotted him. They recognize him and knock twice as he approaches. The door swings open but he can't see what is inside. The two guards are quite different from one another. One is gnome with a cross bow,  he appears to have a cudgel at his belt. The other is a four foot tall rabbit, standing on its hind legs. It' sniffing the air. 

The clearing around the castle appears to allow about 30 feet from the castle to the edge of the woods. Oramac can't tell if there are other doors further along the walls to either direction. 

The gnome is 20 feet from you, 30 feet from the door and moving a slower than a run. The door is open, two guards are visible, one with a crossbow....

what%20will%20you%20do_0.jpeg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

The gnome is 20 feet from you, 30 feet from the door and moving a slower than a run. The door is open, two guards are visible, one with a crossbow....

I'll hold my two attacks until I see someone else attack or get attacked.  Otherwise, I'll stay ready at the edge of the forest, with Max at my side and follow the group. 

Sorry for the less story driven posts.  I'm on a bit of a time crunch these past few days. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

1 hour ago, Oramac said:

Sorry for the less story driven posts.  I'm on a bit of a time crunch these past few days. 

I think everyone is dealing with a bit of this. That's totally fine. We've only got a couple encounters and the wrap up exposition and the story is over, so we're good.

• Like 1

1 hour of cardio done.

Terah runs forwards, her intention is to catch the gnome before he reaches the castle. She hopes the others will cover her in case one of the guards starts shooting. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Just now, Terah said:

Terah runs forwards, her intention is to catch the gnome before he reaches the castle. She hopes the others will cover her in case one of the guards starts shooting. 

Oramac watches Terah sprint out of the woods and whispers a command to Max, sending him out to assist Terah, all while covering them both with his bow.  Doing his best to stay hidden in the edge of the forest in his unbearably gaudy green armor. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Terah races after the gnome. It's obvious that his short legs and limping gate won't get him to the castle. As she clears the woods, a mere ten feet behind the gnome the two guards look up. The anthropomorphic rabbit tries to shout a warning, the gnome guard simply raises his crossbow and fires. *snap*. The bolt flies true (You've got a back log of cardio, you can burn it all to dodge or take the hit and keep the cardio in the bank).

Terah is within arms reach of the target. If she takes the bolt she will grab him with the other hand. If she doesn't then she's counting on Max to grab him. Others can support however they want. 

I take the hit and grab the gnome. Can  I drag him with me out of sight of the guards?

Spoiler

On 19/12/2016 at 3:30 PM, The Most Loathed said:

I'm at a loss here. I usually skip the details and count my crossfit sessions as 50% strength 50% cardio, but since you mind bodyweight as well, how exactly should I score this and this?

Lvl 65 Multitasker

6 hours ago, Terah said:

I take the hit and grab the gnome. Can  I drag him with me out of sight of the guards?

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'm at a loss here. I usually skip the details and count my crossfit sessions as 50% strength 50% cardio, but since you mind bodyweight as well, how exactly should I score this and this?

I would count those as "strength" but the second one is "bodyweight" so feel free to use them both as strength or one strength and one bodyweight. You can decide when you use them. 

In a moment Terah feels the flutter of an arrow fly over her right shoulder,her left arm grasps the rough collar of the gnome, her right shoulder feels as though it led her entire body into a solid wall, a second arrow flies over her right shoulder, he legs tangle with her prey and they go down in a tumble. Pain explodes from her right shoulder. Her right arm seems to be less responsive than she'd like. 

Oramac lowers her bow as the two guards stagger from the arrows he loosed. Through the cool haze of battle, even he has to acknowledge the professional pleasure of two arrows fired in a fraction of a second, striking so true. He notices the bright arc of blood in the snow from Terah's tumble.

Terah is back on her feet, drawing the gnome across the ground with her good arm. 

From within the doorway both hear an inarticulate grunt. A bald, heavily browed head swings out the doorway and surveys with incomprehension. You can see, more than hear, him mouthing words at the two bodies in the snow....

Terah grabs the rope from her backpack and ties the gnome to a tree. After that she tries to heal her shoulder, using both her gift she received at the beginning of this journey as her healing skill. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

4 hours ago, Terah said:

Terah grabs the rope from her backpack and ties the gnome to a tree. After that she tries to heal her shoulder, using both her gift she received at the beginning of this journey as her healing skill. 

I'm going to say that someone helps you by tying him up. I can't imagine trying to tie someone up with one arm.

I'm holding off on narrative reply at least for a few hours to see if others have actions. 

• Like 2