Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

Veterans and supporters of the 10v1 push up pvp are going to band together to work on their century pushes. One hundred consecutive pushups is the goal. We hope you will join us.

Personally, this is going to be one of my challenge goals for the next six week challenge, but I am planning to start working on them next week.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

So, the end of this challenge will coincide with the end of the next 6 week challenge? Will we allow different type of pushups? Like kneeled/incline/diamond pushups? Should I set up another spreadsheet? I think it was useful for the 10vs1 challenge, but maybe it's just me.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Nuala, another spreadsheet would be great, it was really helpful last time. Not sure how would be best to do it, but maybe log each individual set (rather than days) with everyone having a column to log the target number and the number they acheived seeing as how the numbers are already laid out. Just a thought, I'm sure you'll come up with something great

Will something like this do the trick?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AotE3VGxMb_VdFdMREo0MzVRZ3JrNmwxUm85Ukt5ZkE

3 sessions/week, 5 sets/session. The numbers in light grey are from hundredpushups.com, if you manage to do them you just have to put them back in black.

Week -2 is this week, week -1 next week, week 1 to 6 should coincide with the next 6 week challenge (or maybe I'm short one week).

Yellow line is your first PR, the one who determine the week you start on.

Every week you can update the Max push-up line (in red) either with the max from your 3 session or you can test yourself again.

For a start maybe. Mily reminded me that the numbers of set varies during the challenge. And I am probably a week short before week 1. In the last set case, (the + one) I think we should update it with our max rep and thus removing the +.

And 45! you have better chance to manage this challenge than me :D

Looks pretty good Nuala! I only have one recommendation and a comment. Maybe you could put in the date for each week along with it saying "Week 1." I for some reason, get very confused when counting weeks, but work completely fine with dates. Actually, if you don't mind, I'm going to add that in myself since it is publicly editable.

And the comment is every time I go under the goal number for each set, I'm going to fill it in with red. That way I know where I am over time in relation to the plan.

I'll get my start PR tomorrow and fill it in and I'm going to start the plan with the next 6 week challenge.

As I said in the other thread, my goal is to reach 50. I'm going to work on other upper body intensive kettlebell work over next challenge, so it may be slightly detrimental to my pushups. I do have a life goal of 100 though, so I'm not stopping at 50.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I was going to do this for my next 6 week challenge as I am going on vacation for 12 days starting next friday (this will help keep me active on the road don't you think??) So I am in! Wish I had known about the 10v1 challenge sooner I definitely could have helped out!! I will be starting on week 3 as well!

Edit: Just put my initial test in of 32....though I had done some other stuff before that. I think I can do more!! Oh well starting on week 3. Will start my cycle next Monday prior to work :)

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

I will be starting on week 2 next week. I'm not supposed to (the website says to start on week one or week 3) but hey, rules are here to be broken. Right? xD

@ Centurion: you may want to update the first 20+ by your actual number of rep. It will make it easier to make some shiny graph and stats.

@ leadchipmunk: Of course I don't mind! Edit as much as you want, I'm actually awful at using spreadsheets so everybody's expertise can only make it better ^^'

Damn it guys... I can't sit this one out.... I'm crazy what can I say XD How do I add myself to this spread sheet?

initial test: 7 Push ups

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Damn it guys... I can't sit this one out.... I'm crazy what can I say XD How do I add myself to this spread sheet?

initial test: 7 Push ups, week 2 i think

I've added you to the spreadsheet and entered your initial number. When do you think you will start?

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

milythael: Probably monday =)

Nuala it's gonna be fun! I just couldn't stay away! =) I agree let's give it our all!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Even though it's only every other day and there's only 5 sets instead of 25 this already feels tougher than the 30 day challenge. Got through my first week, gonna do a single set tomorrow to see how my maximum is, I don't want to go by the final set from each day because the most I can manage is considerably less after having done 4 sets before hand

Hey guys! I'm new but this sounds awesome! I'm in =)
I'm in as well - wouldn't mind an extra push with my push ups

Edit - how do we add ourselves to the shreet?

I've added you both to the sheet in a second row.

Milythael Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

I'll be cheering you on, gotta support my fellow 10v1 veterans and all the newbies!

Best of luck, do me proud :D

You should do it, it will be fun

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Archived