Forums are back in action! ×

Bonjour, Annyeong haseyo, Howzit and Hello

Hello! 

I'm a British-South African, raised in Mauritius, currently living in South Korea. Part gypsy, part nomad, mostly made of fried chicken and noodles. That last bit is something I'd like to change.

I used to want to lose weight so I could reach a magic number. I'd diet, calorie-count, blitz-workout and then lose interest a few weeks later. None of it had staying power. I guess it's because my goal wasn't real enough. 

Now I know what I want. I want my outside to represent the idea I have of myself on the inside. I want to stop being unpleasantly surprised by photos and my own reflection. I want to be able to do the things Lara Croft could do, if I want to. I want to be stronger, faster, bendier and more awesome than I currently am. 

I suffer from borderline PCOS which makes it hard to lose belly fat, but I know it's not impossible, and losing weight is a good way to prevent it from flaring up again. I can do this. I've been doing the Nerd Fitness thing for just over two weeks and I'm seeing some good results, feeling motivated, and absolutely in love with the nerdy community here. 

As far as my own nerdiness goes... Asthmatic, wore braces, wear glasses sometimes, freckled, slightly ginger, computer gamer, blogger, English teacher, whovian, literature nerd, occasional grammar nazi, linguistics nerd, philosophy nerd, RPer, knitter, origami dabbler, linux veteran, art geek, science geek, trekkie, Culture fan and graphic novel novice, I've read all the Harry Potters and LOTR (but am not really a fan of them any more) and devour books faster than I eat chocolate... Yeah, I think I have most bases covered. 

I'm salambander on steam, goodreads, and pretty much everywhere else online. Nice to meet you! 

As far as my RP/Level-up-your-life thingy goes, I'm a level 0 Satyr assassin-wannabe. With a dash of the adventurer. 

I like variety in my workouts, and am trying to go climbing at least twice a week if I can. I love long walks, have a fitbit, do a bit of yoga, and really enjoy Neila Rey's HIIT bodyweight workouts. And my favourite memories as a kid were of doing handstands and cartwheels; I'd love to be able to do them again. 

That should cover it. 

• Like 3

Level 1 Dwarven Ranger

STR 0 | DEX 0 | CON | STA 0 | WIS 0 |CHA 0 

Battlelog | NF Character Sheet Template 2.0 (stats system) | NF Character Sheet Template v3.0 (XP system)

(File > Make a Copy), enter your own details, track everything in one place. Please PM me if you have any questions or ideas. 

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. - Arthur C Clarke

Welcome!  You definitely fit the NF bill, I think you'll fit right in here! :)  My biggest problem is motivation/accountbility but the friends you make on NF will keep you going no matter what, it's great.

Oh wow, South Korea is one of the places I want to visit most!  I like the idea of being a nomad, I've moved enough times in my life that staying still kinda isn't an option anymore... ^_^ 

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Hiiiiii. Handstands and cartwheels? Yeah, we can make that happen. :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Welcome!  Glad to have someone else in South Korea.  It sounds like you have a pretty good idea for your workout plan.  I hope the variety keeps your workout fun - I know that's what I always struggled with in the past.

• Like 1

Kheris

Level 0 Wood Elf Monk:

STR-0 DEX-0 STA-0 CON-0 WIS-0 CHA-0

Neutral Good

“A path is made by walking on it.â€
― Zhuangzhi