Forums are back in action! ×

Always once more.

As in, how many times am I going to have to pick myself up, dust myself off and try to climb back on to that persnickety horse?

Always. Once. More.

Yeah, so that article hit a little to close to home. I have started but failed to finish the last three... four?... challenges, and while I am trying so hard not to get down on myself, it's really really difficult not to feel like a colossal failure.

I've been eating like crap. Haven't picked up my kettlebells in months. And it's not just health-stuff, it's my live in general. House cleaning has fallen behind, and even though I know I have an extremely limited amount of time to finish making Christmas presents, I haven't started.

There are most definitely two people living in my head right now. One who knows exactly what must be done, and that it is perfectly possible and is just cheer leading along happily. The other one controls my body, and only knows the word "nah."

But eff this! I've been trying so hard not to give up altogether for so long now, and I'm damn well not giving up right now. I am RESPAWNING!

And here's my strategy - I'm starting a chain. A chain of choices, because, let's be honest, I am not going from zero workouts to one every day. So my choice is to work on Christmas gifts or workout (or both!) Every. Day.

Obviously this will go on until Christmas or until I'm finished with presents, whichever comes first, and I will reevaluate at that point.

Health meter: full

Ammo: restocked

Potions: topped off

I'm coming, guys!

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

8e14d270e70a66b2f3926dc0328c449d.jpg

You've just given yourself the green light for health.  Go get 'em!

• Like 1

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

Current Challenge: ... this feature is still loading ...

Previous Challenges: Commiting to CommitUnashamedCoping through HopingChillaxes

Okay so the chain is going well so far... Except that I've taken the Christmas gift option every day! I need to do some kind of workout tonight.

But, I have gotten most of the base coat done for a painting (of a large, plaid moose, if you must know), am just about done with the Scrabble themed gift for my parents (old scrabble board with family members names arranged on it, in a shadow box) and bought supplies for the other projects I am planning to do. As well as buying most of the things I'm giving for Christmas and can't make myself.

• Like 1

Level 20

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

Please oh please oh please share a picture of the large plaid moose!!!

1 Tim 4:7-8 "...train yourself for godliness; for while bodily training is of some value,

godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come."

That's such a cute idea!  I love the scrabble thing.  How has respawning been treating you?  And where is that moose you promised!?

It's going pretty well, despite my failure to post :) Not as many workouts as there could have been, but I did play around with my kettlebell and do some yoga, so that's an improvement! And mega Christmas crafting has happened. I haven't taken pics of everything yet, but I will.

The moose is done! Here he is:

fad2fa592af04d512c603a7447cb122f.jpg

Oh, and here's two of the hoodies we did.

85c98acfe25f19ec8e7cf2c1def6ffcf.jpg

• Like 1

Level 20

<----------- in awe of your creativity and general craftiness...

Love the moose!  Good work throwing in some kettlebell workouts and stuff!  And Merry Christmas to ya!

Okay, hoodies are all done now!

48abebb69b69c821bfc7809c5c505130.jpg

Front:

002d114ebb2e0fd645ebca5abd4ce00d.jpg

Back:

a33cf7157d67812b8579b7f1e4cca7a7.jpg

This one is for my niece who is OBSESSED with "Coraline". Front:

0a322b7b70ce3c92e0c655af5eb7b85b.jpg

And back:

0a47fbe511c5590a5fbbb4e754475d3f.jpg

And this is the magnetic make up board for my older niece. I think this is my favorite thing that I made this year:

9958c6db795360a760ff4ef727bbbe1f.jpg

• Like 1

Level 20

How do I keep missing your alternate threads? 

Those are some kickass gifts, lady! 

Level 87 Wood Elf Druid

Druid: || 59 | 60 | 61 | 61.5 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 8485 | 86 | 87  ||

Ranger: || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 ||

||Char/RPG||
STR: 57 || DEX: 59 || STA: 52 || CON: 47 || WIS: 59 || CHA: 59

Thanks! My chain hasn't been going very well... I kind of forgot to reassess now that the gift thing is done. Whoops! I did go skating for a decently long session on Saturday, which was a blast... And I keep meaning to do some yoga or kettlebells... And just not following through.

I'm very much getting psyched up to do a Whole 30 in January though, so that will be good!

Um... In the meantime, in the spirit of respawning, I am going to go skating at least once more this year. And no more baked goods. I don't even enjoy them that much, they're just so everywhere! And I'll tackle my other problematic eating habits in the new year :)

• Like 2

Level 20

Hey, I can totally relate to you. I've also faced emotional slumps and have fallen off the wagon countless times. I know what I should be doing (eating healthy, exercising, etc.) but it's easier said than done. We mustn't let our setbacks turn into failures. Remember that it's never too late to be what you might have been. Keep respawning and little by little you'll go far. 

"Don't trade what you want most of all for what you want in the moment." 

Well, this respawn, while not wildly successful, was enough to get me out of my slump and geared up for the next challenge, which I am going to SLAY. 

If you're interested, you can find me here :)

SLAY on.

a4db373b88cebb01c0f37ea7051505c7.jpg

(...Do you see what I did there with the word SLEIGH? Oh... the puns......... okay, I promise, I'm done....)

• Like 1