Forums are back in action! ×

Dungeons and Dragons with the Doodlies

5 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

What else are you thinking?

He is talking about scrying spells and wards. You need some magical stuff to plant those, don't you? And the footage from those things has to go somewhere to be checked. Isn't there a monitor/crystal ball or something in the sleigh where you can look into peoples houses?

Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

33 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Good point.  Can I rip off the fluffy green parts and still keep the armor itself intact and functional, but not looking like a SM/WRS? 

You can try it. You'll be left with bright red, hide armor if you remove anything holidazzley

29 minutes ago, Terah said:

He is talking about scrying spells and wards. You need some magical stuff to plant those, don't you? And the footage from those things has to go somewhere to be checked. Isn't there a monitor/crystal ball or something in the sleigh where you can look into peoples houses?

Terah checks the sleigh for any cool loots. There is a spyglass that she previously noticed that sits on a velvet lined shelf at the front, held down with a small strap to keep it from being jostled out of place in turbulence. Looking under the seats she finds a small wooden case held in place by two quick release straps. Inside are four vials labelled as: "In Case of Rapid Loss of Altitude", "In Case of Fire", "In Case of being Stranded in the Snow", "EXTREME EMERGENCY ONLY"

She looks in the back area. Under the seats back there she finds a red, hide water skin, a cloth bag the is labeled "reindeer chow" and four enameled bowls. The only other thing back there seems to be three of the iconic bags that contain gifts.

Terah feels around inside each bag but feels nothing. She recalls that they are specially enchanted bags of holding and tries thinking of scrying supplies but still finds them empty. She tries thinking of her team members, thinking that maybe she'll find more gifts or scrying supplies meant for their rooms but again nothing. As she's about to head back to the group she tries one more thing. She thinks of herself performing a scrying ritual. She reaches in and her hand hits a hard, wooden box. 

She draws the box form the bag and places it on the bench seat. The lid is carved with a crude representation of a Hollidazzle tree but with a great eye at the top. The lid is hinged and swings open soundlessly at her touch. Inside is an assortment of chalks, charcoals, glass eyes, bits of crystal, small vials holding clear liquids and more. Even a non-magic user would recognize at least some bits from the popular culture versions of scrying.

IMG_20161227_085558194.gif

• Like 3

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

Terah runs back to her team mates with the box she found. "The gnome is right! The SM/WRS ARE spying on people!" 

She looks to each of them: "Shell we confront SM/WRS? I want to know what they have to say for themselves.

"And I say we'll take the gnome with us. He might turn out to be useful."

Looking at Oramac: "Or do you want to meet the tooth fairy first?"

• Like 2
Spoiler

1 minute ago, Terah said:

Terah runs back to her team mates with the box she found. "The gnome is right! The SM/WRS ARE spying on people!" 

She looks to each of them: "Shell we confront SM/WRS? I want to know what they have to say for themselves.

"And I say we'll take the gnome with us. He might turn out to be useful."

Looking at Oramac: "Or do you want to meet the tooth fairy first?"

[OOC: just what I was waiting for :) ]

Looking over the materials Terah brings back, and seeing a triumphant look on the gnomes face, Oramac speaks up. 

"We should definitely keep the gnome with us.  I'd personally prefer to talk to the Tooth Fairy first, since we're already here.  But I'll defer to whatever the group thinks best."

Looking at the gnome, he continues: "Please accept my apologies for your treatment.  We were acting on obviously false information.  What's your name, friend?"

[have we asked the gnomes name yet?  I swear we did but can't remember.]

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

3 minutes ago, Oramac said:

[OOC: just what I was waiting for :) ]

Looking at the gnome, he continues: "Please accept my apologies for your treatment.  We were acting on obviously false information.  What's your name, friend?"

[have we asked the gnomes name yet?  I swear we did but can't remember.]

If you have, I've forgotten it. I don't think I ever named him, therefore...Pendalton. His name is Pendalton.

• Like 2

"Let me have a look at your bird, maybe I can heal him"

Terah removes all clothing that tie her to the SM/WRS and uses her healing abilities and the healing set on the bird.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Terah said:

"Let me have a look at your bird, maybe I can heal him"

Terah removes all clothing that tie her to the SM/WRS and uses her healing abilities and the healing set on the bird.

The bird isn't here

"oh, eh, they're trained. If they lose their rider, the go back to the roost. I'm sure she's being looked after right now."

You can do like Oramac did and removed the with fur trim and be left with bright red, hide armor. You have your cloak that was your gift for Hollidazzle. Your slippers and whatever you wore outside initially are back at the SM/WRS base because you had to change out of them to wear your uniforms. Everyone assumed you'd be back after you dropped off your gifts. 

• Like 2

I want to try to magically alter the color of our clothing, so we won't stand out that much. I don't know what color clothes the gnome is wearing, but matching that would be preferable. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Terah said:

I want to try to magically alter the color of our clothing, so we won't stand out that much. I don't know what color clothes the gnome is wearing, but matching that would be preferable. 

You look at Pendelton and don't see a uniform per say. He had a messenger bag (that I'm assuming you took from him) that may or may not be uniform. He's wearing what look like basic, warm riding clothes. A look at the guards that were beat up/killed and the guards you previously spotted doesn't show any real uniform to speak of. They all seem to have browns, earthy reds and blues. Everyone seems to have the color lilac somewhere on his or her person. Some people wear it on a scarf or just a little detail on their trouser hem, cuff links, one person appeared to have a silk flower.

I'm assuming someone looks in his bag. A general rifling of the pockets and pouches produces some jerky, hard tack, a fire starting kit. a single glass vial with a cork stopper, a map that someone figures out is of the area where you met the Pendelton. He had a water skin as well. Nothing indicates that it is anything but a waterskin holding water.

You can make the armor any color you want. You can add minor flourishes like color differences where there is not, a ruffle, some lace but you can't make your clothes look like a completely different item (for example, no one will be wearing a dress or a pirate outfit). You can describe the changes you make and I'll assume that they apply to everyone unless someone says otherwise. Once you end the spell for one person, it ends for everyone. To recast it will be a separate test.

The fates smiled upon you. I decided to roll once for figuring out if there was a uniform and once for casting the spell. If I recall you have a Reason of 2 and a Magic Skill of 2. You rolled 8 and 7 in that order.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

You can make the armor any color you want.

TARTAN!

Like in de doodlie flag

Spoiler

doodlies_plus_toast_1.jpg

With a little lilac embellishment on it off course :)

• Like 3
Spoiler

4 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

The armor is as you describe...

You are standing outside the castle, each wearing tartan, cold resistant, hide armor. There is a gnome tied up....

Don't know if I can retcon this.  I'd meant to untie the gnome if he seemed cooperative.  Or at least not openly hostile.  

If not, I'll be right there with everyone else, Max by my side. :) 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

You can untie him now. I'll assume you do so

Pendelton rubs his wrists about but you guys were pretty gentle with him so it seems more like a reflex than and actual relieving of discomfort. "So, eh, what do I do now? I don't want to head to the castle to catch an arrow in my back. I don't really want to stay out here." He reaches for his messenger bag but keeps one eye on the group, wary of the armed people standing around him.

Stay with us, Pendelton. It's looking like we're going to go into the castle to talk to your boss.  We ain't gonna shoot ya, but it'd be nice if we got more than 10 steps in before they all shoot us, ya know?  

[I do not stop him from grabbing his bag, but I won't stop someone else from stopping him either.]

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Seeing Pendelton grab his back, Terah clenches her dagger in case he tries something funny. 

"Yes, stay with us. Let's go meet the Tooth Fairy!" 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Pendelton gets a little bug eyed the woman who appears to be threatening him with a dagger."Eh, well, like I say, my boss is James. I don't think we'll find him inside. Eh, do you want to go in the side door where you killed those fellas or do ya want to go in the front door like I would?"

3 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Pendelton gets a little bug eyed the woman who appears to be threatening him with a dagger."Eh, well, like I say, my boss is James. I don't think we'll find him inside. Eh, do you want to go in the side door where you killed those fellas or do ya want to go in the front door like I would?"

Pick one of the follow options (without reading the spoiler text). The first person who calls it, gets it. You can discuss in character.

Oramac thinks for a few moments before realizing that walking in over dead bodies probably wouldn't give the best first impression (assuming it wasn't already blown).  

"We'll go in the front, Pendelton.  Lead the way!"

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2 hours ago, Oramac said:

Oramac thinks for a few moments before realizing that walking in over dead bodies probably wouldn't give the best first impression (assuming it wasn't already blown).  

"We'll go in the front, Pendelton.  Lead the way!"

You skirt the woods around past the stables and arrive at the road. Pendelton leads you out onto the road and towards the front gate. As you approach the gate you see four armed guards. Pendelton appears to be nervous but none of you is accosted by the guards.  

As you enter the castle there are two more armed guards inside the walls facing inward. A woman with a very severe hair cut looks up, "Yes?! You people can't just come walking in all hours. You have to have a purpose. What is it you want." She stares at you with unguarded hostility. Her stare seems to encompass Pendelton just as much as it does the rest of you. 

I just lifted the spoiler text and will go back and edit that post to remove the alternate universe. Carry on.

EDIT: I take back what I said about deleting the spoilers above. Everytime I try my browser locks up.  Ah, well. Carry On

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I just lifted the spoiler text and will go back and edit that post to remove the alternate universe. Carry on.

EDIT: I take back what I said about deleting the spoilers above. Everytime I try my browser locks up.  Ah, well. Carry On

Fixed it, although the empty spoiler tag won't disappear for some reason.

• Like 1

Lvl 65 Multitasker

"We are here to see the Tooth Fairy. We have a personal message for her. Top Secret and very urgent. We are specifically instructed to only talk to her."

I'm using all of my psyche skill to convince her I'm speaking the truth. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Fixed it, although the empty spoiler tag won't disappear for some reason.

Thanks. I've observed the issue with deleting spoiler boxes on other threads as well. Spoilers have some errors in them in the forum software.

1 hour ago, Terah said:

"We are here to see the Tooth Fairy. We have a personal message for her. Top Secret and very urgent. We are specifically instructed to only talk to her."

I'm using all of my psyche skill to convince her I'm speaking the truth. 

you rolled a 9...I don't normally do Jedi Mind Tricks but we need to wrap this thing up

"Oh, secret you say. Ah, She's free now. Head up the stairs all the way to the double doors"

As you walk up the marble staircase to huge double doors. There are two guards, one holds a scroll and is standing next to a brass pipe in the floor. He nods to his companion who opens one of the large double doors. Some spell or mechanism that you don't see causes the other one to swing open at exactly the same time. 

You walk into a round chamber with high ceilings. Before you is an enormous picture window with stained glass depicting the four seasons as a a circle. In each season you can see detailed images of the crops that time of year, villagers working and celebrating their season holidays. Even the gods seem to be represented where they have an association with a season or nature.

To the left and right of the window are two raised seats, each occupied. To your left is an green, mossy throne in which reclines a rabbit, five feet or so tall and obviously used to walking around on two legs. To your right is and ivory thrown in which a cherubic face peaks our from pink frills, the person is maybe three feet tall. The throne appears to be designed for a full sized person so this person sits cross legged in the seat only.

From the cherubic face comes a strong stern woman's voice, "I am told you have news of dire import"

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

Thanks. I've observed the issue with deleting spoiler boxes on other threads as well. Spoilers have some errors in them in the forum software.

I've discovered if you click directly on the spoiler/quote box and hit delete, it'll go away.  Sometimes you have to delete the text first.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

"It is an honor to meet you, Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny" (I assume that's who the rabbit is :P )

@Oramac Feel free to jump in, I've got no idea what to say to them. 

• Like 1
Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Terah said:

@Oramac Feel free to jump in, I've got no idea what to say to them. 

You think I do!?! :D 

-----------------------------------

Oramac walks in behind the others and has to quickly grab Max to prevent him trying to make a meal out of the Tooth Fairy.  Shushing his pet and commanding him to lay down, Oramac steps forward, feeling a suddenly very dry throat, and speaks up.  

"Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny", he greets, looking at them in turn, "We are honored to meet you.  I wish it were under better circumstances.  We are here by a series of rather unfortunate events.  It has been revealed to us that the SM/WRS' have been using Hollidazzle to plant secret scrying devices.  For what purpose, we do not know, and we hope that you can help us determine why they're being planted and, if necessary, prevent their further use."

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2 minutes ago, Oramac said:

You think I do!?! :D 

Apparently so :D:P 

• Like 1
Spoiler