Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings. I introduce myself to you as Phoib. I am a very shy and introverted. I'm not sure if this is the place for me. I am a weirdo and very nerdy, and I want to increase my fitness. I have my own ideas about what that means, however. I don't want to focus on how my body is shaped, but rather how I feel and what I can accomplish.

I am currently a potato, or rather mostly potato-ish. I do run a household (somewhat inefficiently) that includes more than one child, and this involves a modicum of activity. I do not drive, so I find walks necessary on occasion.

I intend to participate in the next challenge and see if this forum and system is a good fit for me.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Phoib said:

Greetings. I introduce myself to you as Phoib. I am a very shy and introverted. I'm not sure if this is the place for me. I am a weirdo and very nerdy, and I want to increase my fitness. I have my own ideas about what that means, however. I don't want to focus on how my body is shaped, but rather how I feel and what I can accomplish.

I am currently a potato, or rather mostly potato-ish. I do run a household (somewhat inefficiently) that includes more than one child, and this involves a modicum of activity. I do not drive, so I find walks necessary on occasion.

I intend to participate in the next challenge and see if this forum and system is a good fit for me.

Greetings and salutations Phoib! Welcome welcome. You'll find yourself in good company here, many nerds, much shy. 

Performance based goals are phenomenal, and increasing the quality of our lives is so much of what exercise and good health is about :D 

Good luck indeed on the new challenge, you'll find a group of caring, kind and motivating like minded folks :) If you're in need of any ideas, explore the forums a bit. It's a wealth of information.

Welcome @Phoib! RedStone is absolutely right - there are lots and lots of shy, introverted nerds here. You are definitely in the right place!!

On 8/28/2017 at 3:45 PM, Phoib said:

I don't want to focus on how my body is shaped, but rather how I feel and what I can accomplish.

Again, this is a really big thing for many of us in NerdFitness, so you are in good company here!

Do you have an idea of what kinds of changes you'd like to make for your first challenge? For example, are you looking to make diet changes, like drinking less soda or eating more vegetables? Or are you mainly after a fitness goal, like trying the Beginner Bodyweight Workout or another activity?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

On 8/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, SkyGirl said:

Do you have an idea of what kinds of changes you'd like to make for your first challenge?

I do, in fact. Regular walking, stretching and sleeping. I intend to start small to increase the chances I can maintain the changes. I am not sure what my "life" goal will be but I think it might have something to do with "cleaning".

3 hours ago, Phoib said:

I do, in fact. Regular walking, stretching and sleeping. I intend to start small to increase the chances I can maintain the changes. I am not sure what my "life" goal will be but I think it might have something to do with "cleaning".

Those are excellent goals! Sleep is an ongoing goal for me as well - as a grad student with an erratic schedule, I tend to let sleep fall by the wayside. :) 

Do you like walking indoors or outdoors?

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers