Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings,

My name is Konoshono (Kono), a name generated by the wow name generator 11 years ago and it stuck (yeah I qualify for a nerd).  No one else had it.   They say mid life crisis hits hard and it did 3 years ago when i was told that if I didn't make some changes in my life my doctor gave me 2 years. By making the changes he said 10 years. I just turned half a century old.  I didn't believe his prognosis and still don't.  Call it denial I call it his guess.  So this is my third year since I heard those words and I need to make some choices...red corvette or life style changes.  I chose the latter. I have been married to my lovely lady for 27 years, we have 4 kiddos, 25F, 17M, 14F and 9M. Its a pretty awesome life.  I was a volunteer firefighter for 10 years and I want to get back to feeling the way I did in those days.  The scale screams 244 lbs at me when I look at it and I want to get to around 165 to 170 but not just that I want to change my eating habits and have a better quality of life.  I can do it.  (yes my docs have cleared me to work out).  If I had a fear it was that at 50 you started to go down hill, but I don't feel like that.  I think there is a lot of life left out there and I want to get into decent shape.  

Well I hope my wall of text didn't bore you but for some reason it feels good getting my story out there. Look forward to reading stories in the forums and hopefully meeting friends down the road.

For the Alliance

Konoshono (Dana)

• Like 4

On 10/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, Konoshono said:

I think there is a lot of life left out there and I want to get into decent shape.  

Yes, there absolutely is, and this:

On 10/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, Konoshono said:

I can do it.

Is what it takes. 

Sounds like you've taken hard reality and turned it around, an incredible feat I think would be a difficult choice for many. The good news is that it doesn't matter when someone starts, the benefits of increased quality of life are always available. You've got a great community here with supportive, like minded folks :) 

So what sorts of fitness things peak your interest? 

• Like 1

Welcome Konosho!! You are a fighter and I'm so glad you're here! I agree with RedStone, you have the spirit it takes to achieve your goals!

There are lots of food and diet suggestions on the forums and also at https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/ - many Rebels follow a paleo or modified paleo diet, but there are lots of other ways of eating represented here, so hopefully you can find the one that works for you! Are you looking to shed the weight quickly, or more gradually? What kinds of exercises are you interested in and cleared to try?

Again, welcome to the NF family! I wish you nothing but success!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers