Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks! HOLIDAY BONUS EDITION [September 11-November 27, 2023] [With December Holiday Bonus Weeks]

Welcome aboard one and all, once again and once more to...

The 10/12lbs in 10/12 weeks weight-loss Player-versus-Player challenge!

Now's the time to sign-up for a Player-versus-Player accountability challenge sure to motivate you to tackle those weight loss goals!  Of course, we only advocate losing healthy weight and using healthy methods to get there, this playful side quest is less about beating your peers to the finish line than it is about challenging yourself, making some new accountibilibuddies, and having a place to share your battle plan or struggles along the way.

Winnie The Pooh Animation GIF by Disney

Feel free to set your goals online with either the 5 weeks of your next two challenges, or include both Week Zeros for a full 12 weeks.  Set goals that you think are realistic (that could even be 6lbs/12weeks or whatever works for you) and stick around for the accountability and camaraderie rather than opting out, beating yourself up, or quitting partway through!  Weigh-in sometime this week, and again every week.  Share your data in the spreadsheet mentioned ad nauseum below!  Post your successes, struggles, and tips.

The Rules

1.      Sign-up using the SPREADSHEET.  Add your name & starting weight, waist measurements optional.  10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 weeks (roughly 1lb or 0.5kg per week) is the goal but feel free to increase or decrease the difficulty as you see fit.  Whatever your goals are, you are most welcome to participate (even if you'd like to join in late)!

2.      Introduce yourself to your fellow competitors!  Feel free to mention your goals, any battle plans for getting there, and what your primary motivation or inspirations are.  Feel free to mention your Challenge goals or BattleLog too!  This is an excellent place to get to know others from the forums.

3.      Update the SPREADSHEET with your weekly weigh-ins.  We're using Monday as the 'official' day, but if Sunday, Tuesday, or any other day work better, go nuts!  Just keep it at roughly a week for tracking purposes.  This challenge is aligned with the current and next 5 Week Challenges, with optional weeks off for Zero Week at the start and in between.  You're also welcome to hop in at any time, including the bonus holiday challenge!

4.      This time around we’ve got Bonus Weeks over the Holidays! You can choose to add to your weight loss goal or set a maintenance goal to survive the family gatherings and multitudes of desserts.  Or If you need a break over the holidays, the final weigh in day for the Official Challenge Dates is November 27. Do what is best for you. 

Mtv Love GIF by INTO ACTION

5Have fun, encourage everyone, and keep each other accountable!

40 Hilarious Workout Fail GIFs To Make You Stay On The Couch

Get hype but stay safe!  Also, anything done confidently cannot be considered failure!  Double also, did I mention the SPREADSHEET?

Tips for Success!

1.      Make with the exercise (maybe the cardio zoomies, maybe the heavy uppy-downies or the flippy-dippies?)

2.      Do-do the (calorie) deficit. 

3.      Gobble up the veggies.

4.      Gulp down the waters.

5.      Visit and update us (and the SPREADSHEET) regularly to build that accountability network.

6.      Share your workout playlist for MAXIMUM HYPE!! 

7.      Make your inner critic WALK THE PLANK! arrrrrrr!!! (we're still pirates)

This group concept and spreadsheet were created by Rurik, stolen ruthlessly and edited by pirates. Additional Thanks to The Most Loathed and TimovieMan for coding help with the spreadsheet

• Like 3

Here, here. 

Goal this PVP his to automate by showing up to myself despite going to be working 60 hours a week. 

I have workouts with my coach rest of the year - going to be working on those daily walks and pushup challenges. 

While really embracing my full size kitchen to help make meal prep easier (I don't have to share with anyone right now....). 

• Like 3

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

55 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

Joined!  This is good timing.  I am getting very frustrated with my recent weight gain and need to get things back in control.

WELCOME

9 minutes ago, Loveable_Bouncer said:

Here, here. 

Goal this PVP his to automate by showing up to myself despite going to be working 60 hours a week. 

I have workouts with my coach rest of the year - going to be working on those daily walks and pushup challenges. 

While really embracing my full size kitchen to help make meal prep easier (I don't have to share with anyone right now....). 

YAY, glad to have you back :D 

For this run, I'm going for 12 pounds. I didn't make it last time, but maybe the Bonus Holiday Time will give me the cushion I need to make the goal :D I still need to develop a strategy for holidays and traveling, but I have time. :) 

• Like 3

Just a spreadsheet note, if you enter a "current weight" field, it will override the formula and you'll need to enter your "current weight" manually from now on. I know that it causes a weird percentage to show up if you don't enter a current weight  right now but that fixes itself as soon as you enter a number in for the first weigh-in. If this happened to you (like it did to me) you can copy a blank "current weight" and paste it onto your field to restore the formula.  

• Like 2

Ha ha, boy do I need this! How nice to have a fresh spreadsheet and PVP instead of having to go slinking back to the old one ?

I am back to some semblance of routine after a summer of travel and holidaying, so I’m hoping to make that work in my favour. Drank SO MUCH water yesterday, did some meal and snack prepping, and went for a longish (26 km) bike ride this morning.

• Like 4

I'm in.  The PvP dovetails nicely with my goals anyway, and I always like a bit of competition accountability.  :D

Goal is to lose 20 lbs in 12 weeks, maybe another 5 in the bonus weeks.  Primary method is going to be simple restriction with daily calorie targets and logging in MFP.  That worked well for me many years ago.  I'm going to ease back in to some deliberate exercise as well, but that will be focused on strength, endurance, and flexibility--any weight loss that comes from it is just gravy.

• Like 4

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

On board for another one with my acountabilibuddies :) 

1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

Ha ha, boy do I need this! How nice to have a fresh spreadsheet and PVP instead of having to go slinking back to the old one ?

I am back to some semblance of routine after a summer of travel and holidaying, so I’m hoping to make that work in my favour. Drank SO MUCH water yesterday, did some meal and snack prepping, and went for a longish (26 km) bike ride this morning.

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

On board for another one with my acountabilibuddies :) 

Yesss! Glad you're here!!

1 hour ago, TiogaGirl said:

I do like a nice fresh, spreadsheet as well!  @The Most Loathed and @Rurik Harrgath wrote up some nice formulas on ours. It sounds like you're off to a kick butt start!

Glad to have you aboard!

2 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

I'm in.  The PvP dovetails nicely with my goals anyway, and I always like a bit of competition accountability.  :D

Goal is to lose 20 lbs in 12 weeks, maybe another 5 in the bonus weeks.  Primary method is going to be simple restriction with daily calorie targets and logging in MFP.  That worked well for me many years ago.  I'm going to ease back in to some deliberate exercise as well, but that will be focused on strength, endurance, and flexibility--any weight loss that comes from it is just gravy.

So you're aiming for about 1.5 pounds per week.  That's reasonable. I'm glad you're here, buddy!

• Like 4

I'm in (again).

Losing 10 pounds would mean hitting my second milestone, and after that I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. If everything goes according to plan, this will be my final PVP... ?

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs

• Like 4
  • That's Metal 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Just a spreadsheet note, if you enter a "current weight" field, it will override the formula and you'll need to enter your "current weight" manually from now on. I know that it causes a weird percentage to show up if you don't enter a current weight  right now but that fixes itself as soon as you enter a number in for the first weigh-in. If this happened to you (like it did to me) you can copy a blank "current weight" and paste it onto your field to restore the formula.  

I modified the formulas to also include the "Start weight", which bypasses this problem, so you don't have to touch "Current weight" any more. ?

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 2

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

I'm in (again).

Losing 10 pounds would mean hitting my second milestone, and after that I just want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. If everything goes according to plan, this will be my final PVP... ?

Starting weight: 92.4 kg / 203.6 lbs

Omg that is very exciting! I will be cheering so hard for you when you hit the milestone 

1 hour ago, TimovieMan said:

I modified the formulas to also include the "Start weight", which bypasses this problem, so you don't have to touch "Current weight" any more. ?

Oooh thank you!!

I'm about to hit my goal weight for the rest of the year BUT now I need to maintain it. So my PVP goal is to ding 220 then settle into 220-225 through the calendar year. That means several months of just watching the scale do nothing and actually trying to make myself eat all my food but not eat crazy amounts of food either. A much more nuanced thing than I have been doing. Nuance is not a strong suit of mine.

nuance-spongebob.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • That's Metal 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

6 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I'm about to hit my goal weight for the rest of the year BUT now I need to maintain it. So my PVP goal is to ding 220 then settle into 220-225 through the calendar year. That means several months of just watching the scale do nothing and actually trying to make myself eat all my food but not eat crazy amounts of food either. A much more nuanced thing than I have been doing. Nuance is not a strong suit of mine.

nuance-spongebob.gif

Maintenance matters. It's great to have you back!

I'm here, I'm here!

And after this long weekend, I NEED this as I'm up 2lbs since Friday ? Lots of eating out unexpectedly and all my meal planning out the window.

I'm back on track as of today and I'm looking forward to some serious progress!

Thank you, Snarky, for setting this up

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

3 hours ago, Darciana said:

I'm here, I'm here!

And after this long weekend, I NEED this as I'm up 2lbs since Friday ? Lots of eating out unexpectedly and all my meal planning out the window.

I'm back on track as of today and I'm looking forward to some serious progress!

Thank you, Snarky, for setting this up

I’m so glad you’re here, Darciana!! Yay!!

I gained two pounds as well over the weekend. I’m glad we have the whole week to get back on track

we got this! High Five Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I’m so glad you’re here, Darciana!! Yay!!

I gained two pounds as well over the weekend. I’m glad we have the whole week to get back on track

we got this! High Five Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Solidarity: the reason I'm here ❤️

• Like 3

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Here for the challenge! Working to get back in shape after long-covid last winter. GL everyone, see you in the spreadsheet.

• Like 2

Challenges: 1st [B-], 2nd [NA], (6 years away),  3rd[A-], 4th [B-], 5th [C], 6th [Current]
Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet)

"Do the best you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt
(Don't wait for the ideal circumstances, get to work NOW)

The most important step a man can take. It's not the first one, is it? It's the next one. Always the next step.

Boy do I need this.  I'm in, as usual, but I really mean it this time!  

No starting weight yet as I refuse to get on the scale until Monday.    My goal is to get back to the 250's so we'll see how much I have to lose.  Of course we have a short honeymoon/vacation planned for the end of the current challenge so that'll put a kink in any progress.  

• Like 3

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Boy do I need this.  I'm in, as usual, but I really mean it this time!  

No starting weight yet as I refuse to get on the scale until Monday.    My goal is to get back to the 250's so we'll see how much I have to lose.  Of course we have a short honeymoon/vacation planned for the end of the current challenge so that'll put a kink in any progress.  

Welcome Back, Shello!  You got this, your challenge plan feels solid. 

• Like 1

I think I'm in this round! I've just started a new job and could use the accountability as I straddle new movement expectations and modes of self care. I don't generally lose weight quickly because of PCOS, but I'll be super duper happy if I can get down 5-10 lbs by the holidays. Thanks for setting this up, Snarky! 

• Like 4

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I think I'm in this round! I've just started a new job and could use the accountability as I straddle new movement expectations and modes of self care. I don't generally lose weight quickly because of PCOS, but I'll be super duper happy if I can get down 5-10 lbs by the holidays. Thanks for setting this up, Snarky! 

Yay! Glad you’re here Sovalis! Woot woot!!

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 10:39 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Now my head wraps around why this happened, thank you for explaining!

On 9/4/2023 at 1:13 PM, TimovieMan said:

Interesting... is there anything I need to fix my row.. realizing I may not know what I'm doing with this sheet.... 

• Like 1

So my plan is weigh-ins on Friday and Monday. 

I saw a huge change this Friday. Logged it in my personal places but knowing it is just water weight (I think I have replaced me carbs with veggies....)

Posting for hope on getting through the weekend with smart choices and sitting through the discomfort that happens with weight loss. 

• Like 2