5 hours ago, Everstorm said:

You braved the page!!! Conan Obrian Applause GIF

And the sketch looks good so far ?

Thank you again for your encouragement and motivation. ?

I returned today to color her in. It's not perfect, but I also didn't ruin it, and in another perspective (like if it were someone else's), I'd even say it looked amazing. 

Spoiler

IMG_20241001_211056677.thumb.jpg.8149482255fcd970068ebffed0d37c20.jpg

Another win for today: I took the stairs down and up. ?

Tomorrow my training is going to be a step toward independence where my fellow trainee and I will do work of our own close enough to the others to ask for help and confirm what we've done seems good.

• That's Metal 4

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89, 101112

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

That's so beautiful! I'm glad it worked out. Sorry you've had some rough things lately and the cancelling of d&d (sorry, massively catching up!) but excellent job sticking at the stairs and the like :) 

• Thanks 1

Level 43 Rogue, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

13 hours ago, MaeradCase said:
  Hide contents

IMG_20241001_211056677.thumb.jpg.8149482255fcd970068ebffed0d37c20.jpg

I'm obsessed with your work, it's just glowing and everything is so soft but vibrant.

Another win for today: I took the stairs down and up. ?

Stairs for the win!! 

Tomorrow my training is going to be a step toward independence where my fellow trainee and I will do work of our own close enough to the others to ask for help and confirm what we've done seems good.

That sounds like a really healthy pattern! How do you feel about it?

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

48 minutes ago, Silmarilliane said:

That's so beautiful! I'm glad it worked out. Sorry you've had some rough things lately and the cancelling of d&d (sorry, massively catching up!) but excellent job sticking at the stairs and the like :) 

I appreciate you checking in. ?

Yeah, it's unfortunate to miss sessions, especially with the player death to lead into something new and exciting, but it also means I don't have to stress about running during the training, so that's a nice recovery.

I am happy to get them in even if I'm consistently winded by the fourth and fifth floors. Yay me!

39 minutes ago, Laghail said:

I'm obsessed with your work, it's just glowing and everything is so soft but vibrant.

???

Stairs for the win!! 

???

That sounds like a really healthy pattern! How do you feel about it?

Well, doing the docs was a little unnerving because I'm still learning what all I need to check, but we immediately had our trainer double-check our work, and then sent that to our supervisor. We're gonna give it a second go after lunch using this morning's docs to cross reference as we do the next day's work.

It's good to try doing it ourselves while close to the people who only do that job because they know what to look for, and they aren't already juggling fifteen balls at the branch.

• Like 1
  • That's Metal 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Current challenge:  to face the trials of this life at my own speed, savoring my accomplishments, and accepting my failures with peace

14 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

It's not perfect, but I also didn't ruin it, and in another perspective (like if it were someone else's), I'd even say it looked amazing.

I also didn't ruin it

I'd even say it looked amazing

Repeating for emphasis.  It's so easy to dismiss/downplay our successes (I am so guilty of this).  I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate that pushing yourself to do something you thought would be really difficult turned out really well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

17 minutes ago, Everstorm said:

I'd even say it looked amazing

Repeating for emphasis.  It's so easy to dismiss/downplay our successes (I am so guilty of this).  I just wanted to take a moment to celebrate that pushing yourself to do something you thought would be really difficult turned out really well!

Thank you. I'm trying to access the part of my brain I used to justify my first draft of my story - that the first iteration doesn't have to strive to be perfect - it just has to exist to be perfect.

I appreciate the support being given to me for my brain in art, and am similarly comparing notes against how I feel about exercise. The fact that I'm willing to take stairs instead of the elevator is perfect. ?

• Like 2
  • That's Metal 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

So yesterday was packed full of work, with a nice break for lunch, for which my fellow trainee and I walked to a restaurant I had been anticipating. They were closed. So we walked back, stopping at a sushi place on the way. We also went to the parking lot so I could get my parking ticket validated since I'd left it in my car. We enjoyed the outside for a bit and headed back inside. I didn't climb the stairs later that day because we got to talking to someone else on their way out. 

But I took the stairs today! Today wasn't quite as hectic. We did one day's work instead of two. I also got to enjoy brownies brought by someone grateful to the wire dept. There was a multi-pack of three flavors. I instigated the notion of cutting the squares in half to indulge in all three flavors, but didn't require it of anybody, though I think a couple other people did the same. XD

Don't know what I'm doing tonight except that it's Taco Tuesday on a Thursday. XD

Hope your day went by smoothly

Maerad

• Like 5

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

I've taken a vacation to visit with a friend, which made for some exciting adventures, but the shark week finally turned up, and I don't want to do anything. I've walked a LOT these last few days, so the rest is lovely, but I also go home in two days, and feel odd postponing doing things. ? No choice but to rest. ?

• Like 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, MaeradCase said:

I've taken a vacation to visit with a friend, which made for some exciting adventures, but the shark week finally turned up, and I don't want to do anything. I've walked a LOT these last few days, so the rest is lovely, but I also go home in two days, and feel odd postponing doing things. ? No choice but to rest. ?

Vacation sounds lovely, any fun adventures to share? 

• Thanks 1

Level 38 [Raveling Bard]

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

Yes, but I'm not ready to discuss them yet. ?

• That's Metal 1

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

On 10/8/2024 at 1:00 PM, Laghail said:

Okay, y'all, I made it back home! My time spent with my friend on the Northeast Coast was my first time being East of the Mississippi River, and it was lovely. 

We travelled through Philly to numerous destinations including a couple churches (yay, architecture and learning about St Francis of Assisi), some lovely food destinations (including a breakfast joint we revisited to my delight, and a specialty cider place that was fascinating and had very yummy food), the Free Library (more books than I've seen in my life), and the Franklin Institute (for hands-on science and a cool Lego Art Exhibit).

I did take plenty of pictures from the duration of my trip. Enjoy a sampler!

Architecture:

Spoiler

IMG_20241006_120110624.thumb.jpg.e40ad53d513c0f780fbaa66540037d01.jpg

IMG_20241006_152348686.thumb.jpg.2440450ef727253146c19dc7817ca93f.jpg

IMG_20241006_153000536.thumb.jpg.07bfcd652796e79e2cd4958fe890dc8e.jpg

IMG_20241009_093057722.thumb.jpg.4393a4a426a3653c018671df5f5057f8.jpg

IMG_20241009_103351409_HDR.thumb.jpg.aa34663db2a1b6fede4e0ed73f7d4d58.jpg

Food:

Spoiler

IMG_20241009_082755829.thumb.jpg.d6733b7eebf5728fd0b48248beffee9a.jpg

IMG_20241009_165144711.thumb.jpg.154fd7859bbd3ea4008be96e38508972.jpg

Legos:

Spoiler

IMG_20241009_121731522.thumb.jpg.bd77652c4662b0d527f162b9ef241bab.jpg

IMG_20241009_121956217.thumb.jpg.a130a74a48bfb6d9d8d02207a735780b.jpg

IMG_20241009_122511916.thumb.jpg.596bc60e482ed50cb0878201e057a5ae.jpg

IMG_20241009_123411740.thumb.jpg.fb97af6df03a6145882df81e168200f9.jpg

IMG_20241009_124421625.thumb.jpg.cfa82903d54db3ab85c4eeee36d32200.jpg

IMG_20241009_141523705.thumb.jpg.3115705a1d67925df59e457ca3628692.jpg

Yeah! Super cool trip! Perfect weather for the full duration. Sorry for those further down the coast. Glad I was able to fly safely.

Sidenote: I did so much walking! Also, shark week really bit on Tuesday, but I managed to do a lot and see a lot beforehand and after recovering. :)

Hope you like the pics!

Maerad 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • That's Metal 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

On 10/11/2024 at 6:41 PM, Everstorm said:

Looks and sounds like a lovely trip!

I would say so, too. ?

I am glad I got back home with days off remaining so I could recover before returning to work, even though it meant I didn't get to go to the art museum (or the Rocky Steps leaving to its doors).

Friday was practically all rest and recovery. Yesterday, Cid and I went bowling with friends. Our first game was picked up about a third of the way in, taking over where the other two players had got us to, and was a good warm up. Then the four of us smashed the next two games with lots of spares and strikes, getting triple digit scores. ?

We had our bumpers up, and I loved it. ? I still had plenty of misses because my aim wasn't great for single pins, but overall it was a lot of fun. 

Last night I started to work on a writing project - a short story based on the home brew game we were playing before Humblewood. But I discovered that I'd had a technical difficulty, and my typing hadn't registered on the screen. ? Spent a good minute despairing, but I stepped away to watch Ratatouille. After the movie I rewrote most of the scene I'd drafted, this time with a view of the page since typing blind had betrayed me. ?

I made some more progress on my quilt while the movie was on, working on a section of background that took me by surprise on my trip and had required cutting threads free to redo in white thread. Now it's quilted in white and the rest can be done without caution. (I just double-checked, and on at least one of the finished quilt chunks, I may need to consider returning to take out the black threads and maintain the continuity of the white background... Or I can let the flaw remain. 

Anyway, thanks for being here. Hope you've had a good weekend. 

Maerad

• Like 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Good morning!

Just wanted to say I didn't do much on Sunday, though I did add another page to the short story at one point, and that Cidran and I made it to the store for a couple things including gifts for the birthday boy whose party we'd gone to empty-handed just to make it on time. ? I wrapped them yesterday so we could bring them to game night.

I played with Legos all afternoon, and now my back and shoulders are killing me. I wasn't satisfied with the end result because I was aiming to recompile a deconstructed set, but I couldn't find all the pieces let alone all the right ones. ??‍♀️ Mildly frustrating.

Cid and I picked up my car from the shop where we got the windshield replaced. It's covered in dust now, which accentuates the hail dents across the surface. ??‍♀️ But I've been warned not to put it through a car wash yet (which is funny because I never use them, but I severely considered it while passing the car).

I was falling into a void, so Cid decided to treat me to dinner out since the dinner I'd assembled wasn't sitting well when I started eating it (so I'd stopped after a couple bites). He also assured me that a lot of the things weighing on me would pass over the course of the evening and the next day. And he's right. 

D&D was a good comeback. We played out the last minute offers from dark entities to restore the cleric falling to her death, and she made up her mind which one she would pick. I gave her one last chance to change her mind, but she decided the "gentle touch of the light" was where she wanted to go, and now her shadow does weird things. ? Muahaha

I also let them level up for a fight from over a month ago because they've routed the werewolves even if they haven't destroyed them all. And then we returned long enough to get to a better cliff hanger by taking the portal gems to Krezk. ? Not what she anticipated when she picked that crystal, but totally hilarious.

Today is my first day at the new job I was training for. Another stress point that will pass. 

Wish me well 

Maerad

• Like 6

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I hope your first day is awesome!!

Thank you, Snarky

Unfortunately, my brain melted

I'm nearly fully recovered just in time to go to bed, sleep, and wake up to try again. XD

• Like 3

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

11 hours ago, MaeradCase said:

Pretty sure this is standard day 1

try again

Pretty sure this is standard day 2++

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Level 43 Rogue, 2024 ROADMAP

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46

Thank you, Snarky

I'm nearly fully recovered just in time to go to bed, sleep, and wake up to try again. XD

Just remember you get to be new up to a year. You dont have to master it day 2. 

4 minutes ago, Silmarilliane said:

Yes indeedy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope day 2 goes smoothly! I am caught up on your thread now, sorry I was away for so long. I am proud of you for writing again! ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Silmarilliane said:

??? Yeah, you're right

6 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Just remember you get to be new up to a year. You dont have to master it day 2. 

Yes indeedy!

Good reminder. I got asked if I wanted to start doing the things that are "my responsibility" and I'm like "until I know I can do it right, I'd like to at least do it with others."

5 hours ago, Sovalis said:

I hope day 2 goes smoothly! I am caught up on your thread now, sorry I was away for so long. I am proud of you for writing again! ❤️ 

Glad to have you around. You excited for a new challenge thread? ? (Also, dang, it's almost November... Good thing I got my outline ready! NaNoWriMo here I come again!)

So far, no brain melting today. Last night's recovery included a short nap where I made sure to take time for my body to recover, some animal crossing because dopamine is effective, made and enjoyed dinner (Cid and I made homemade poke bowls, and it was interesting and fun, though I think that restaurants make it easier), and then played RockSmith together because Cid found the connector to make it happen! I also made time to review the rules for tonight's game of If I Were a Lich Man since we're gonna give it a try tonight instead of resuming our Humblewood game (prioritizing spooky games for the month of October).

I'm gonna prioritize bringing a gym bag tomorrow so I can visit the YMCA close to my new job location. ?

I'm headed back to work now. Hope you're having a good day.

Maerad

• Like 5

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

Look who made it to the gym and did a mile on the treadmill

Spoiler

IMG_20241017_175754597.thumb.jpg.2d6115d27b2610ceadadd6eaf3c87528.jpg

I have carefully stretched my legs.

This location has a tiny pool I can do laps in and a Zumba class I can keep trying to attend, so even though it's not as big and pretty as the other one, I think it'll be fine. :)

Maerad

• That's Metal 4

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Everstorm said:

Well done!

Thank you!

I'm proud of myself for getting there. I'm excited to resume my pattern of going at least once a week, and I think I am capable of upgrading to twice a week as a reasonable goal for this next challenge.

42 minutes ago, Laghail said:

You look really cute! Also those leggings are fantastic.

Thank you! They are my favorite leggings.

I miss taking gym pics with my friend. Solo gym selfies isn't quite my style.

I would like to add that the other pic I took was also cute, because I blinked. XD

• Like 2

Level 11 Ranger

Spoiler