Stasis and Anything But - Deffy #97

Stasis and Anything But

For a challenge in which I try to keep stuff the same, two pretty major things are happening.

I'm not in a place to make any great inroads into anything. My wonderful fiance has just moved in and we're in the snuggly phase where we spend most of our free time just  enjoying each other's company, mostly in bed but sometimes on the sofa for a change of scenery. Life is wonderful and it's nice to finally be able to enjoy the fruits of our efforts after so much time and stress just trying to be together. 

I did have a look at last year's Road Map but even at the time I caveated everything with "I have no fucking idea what this year is going to look like" and I really didn't, things were so up and down. Most of my Road Map goals are impossible with the time I have left, but I can pick some up of them up and re-jig the numbers a little so I am still putting some effort in. 

For the first time in all the time I have been here I want to slow the pace of weight loss. I've lost quite a bit these last few months but I need stasis here so I can fit into my wedding dress. I'm not eating much at the moment, but what I am eating isn't always the best quality (I had two chocolate truffles and a fondant fancy all day on Friday, for example) but we have just subscribed to Oddbox and our shared goal will be to finish all the freggies from the Oddbox by Saturday night which is when our next box gets delivered. This means we will be prioritising fruits for snacks, and ensuring out meals are healthy and nutritious, basing our meal plans off the box contents. This should keep my health mostly in order, since I am not working out in the hope I can still fit into my wedding dress because the first big thing that occurs during this challenge is our wedding! 

I wanted to read 30 books this year and so far I am on 7 which is utterly pathetic. I want to finish the year on at least 15, so I want 10 finished by the end of this challenge which won't be too bad because I currently have 4 in progress. 

Another goal of my Road Map was to learn Greek and I hit my 1 year streak goal a couple of weeks ago. D_R is helping me too now and he is endlessly patient while I butcher the shit out of his language. Duolingo isn't the best of learning tools for this, but it certainly helps. I know a lot of words thanks to it, but I can't really string a sentence together still. Regardless, this goal will be kept up, with (hopefully) daily tuition from D_R. 

The other huge thing that is happening this challenge is that I should complete on my house very very soon. My ex, Dan, has been so fucking decent about all of this because he has transferred his share of the house to me, without me having to buy him out which will have been completely impossible. Had he not done this, I would have had to sell the house and maybe even move in with my parents for a while, while I got on my feet again. The paperwork is done, I just have to wait for one more thing, then pay, and then the house will be 100% in my name which is scary and grown up and terrifying, and I can't thank Dan enough for what he did here, at great personal cost. Despite what he did, and how it ended, he's a really decent person. And I want that to be known. 

I think that's it really. I know I have waffled, but to summarise, my goals are as follows:

1. Finish the Oddbox contents by Saturday night (this week we get excused because there are only five days for us to do this and also we have some freggies left over from before)

2. Bring my total books read to 10.

3. Get married

4. Complete on my house.  Completed 22/10/2024

5. Keep Greekifying myself. 

6. Try to post more and stay connected here. 

New challenge, goooooo! 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 3

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

Such an exciting challenge!  Love your odd box goal but not as much as goal #2!

Also congrats on the house.  That must be a huge relief!  Thank you, Dan 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

Following! We've been getting Oddbox for a few years now and I'm a big fan.

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Following!

Also, marrying!

And helping with the Oddbox part. And the Greek lessons. And everything.

❤️ 

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Also congrats on the house.  That must be a huge relief!  Thank you, Dan 

It is, but it's also kind of sad. I have used the same solicitor we used when we bought the house, and having to go and sign the transfer papers on my own on Friday the way we both went to sign 5 years ago, and how excited we were to be buying our first house together after so much time, effort and dreams. Even though everything clearly happened for a reason because I'm happy with where I am at now, this bit is undeniably sad, and I am more sad for Dan than I am for me. 

I dunno, my feelings are really confusing on this. 

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Following! We've been getting Oddbox for a few years now and I'm a big fan.

Lovely to have you along! I used to have Oddbox a few years ago and I am pretty sure I used your referral code! 

• Like 5

On 10/21/2024 at 2:21 AM, deftona said:

I dunno, my feelings are really confusing on this. 

I get this.  

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Monday and Tuesday Update

Like an idiot I forgot my special sitting and standing desk also supports standing and I have just been sitting all day at work which hasn't been the best thing for my back. Yesterday I rediscovered the joy of standing to work and it's a way forward, I need to remember to do this. 

Last night we went for a drive around the neighbourhood so D_R can get used to my car since he's going to drive us to Scotland soon. When we got back we made a bunch of stuff for dinner to use some Oddbox bits and also because I had the strongest craving for taramasalata. We spent most of the evening cooking together which was wonderful, each of us taking responsibility for half the dinner. I will post a pic when D_R posts it on his challenge (we're lying in bed together each updating our challenges and I keep checking to see if he's done it yet or not)

XYkBn93.jpeg

Today was pretty nice too. I got an email from my solicitor this morning asking for my authority to proceed in the transfer of ownership for the house, and he then emailed to confirm it had completed. I now own this lovely house all by myself which is equally exciting and terrifying. I spent the evening after work vegging in bed watching Married at First Sight while D_R did something important and he then joined me in bed for cuddles. We accidentally stayed there until about 9 and then decided we should probably make some dinner so we did that. It was so late, I didn't make the planned beetroot risotto, but D_R shoved some fish and chips in the air fryer while I showered. 

Duolingo done. No books read because I decided to watch vapid TV instead. Freggies have been good, we had leftovers from the feast last night for lunch. Doing well! 

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

14 minutes ago, deftona said:

I will post a pic when D_R posts it on his challenge (we're lying in bed together each updating our challenges and I keep checking to see if he's done it yet or not)

I guess that's one way to make sure yu update every day.  It's like the daily race to see who will post first.  

• Haha 1

Tangent, but...

Spoiler

I understand what a pivot table is, but not why it is. Just a custom view for documentation purposes?

I felt like I could run forever, like I could smell the wind and feel the grass under my feet, and just run forever.

Current Challenge: #24 - Mrs. Cosmopolite Challenge

Past: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6,  #7#8, #9#10, #11a & #11b, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Tangent, but...

Hide contents

I understand what a pivot table is, but not why it is. Just a custom view for documentation purposes?

You get a lot of freedom in how you can present data, and if you don't protect the pivot table, then the user also gets to play with the data by presenting it by different groupings. I do a lot of FOIs as part of my job and we'll get asked questions like how many x's did you employ where they x and x between x date and x date, and a pivot table is the only real way you can present all of these things at the same time in a cohesive manner.

• Like 1