Forums are back in action! ×

Century Push

milythael

Starting column 2 of week 3. 12, 17, 13, 13 (really hard), long rest of 10+ minutes, 20. It says 60 seconds or longer if needed. I got scared and took much longer.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I've got some One Arm Pushups to work on, but like I said, I'll be cheering. You say it will be fun now, but when you start doing a huge amount it gets painful ;)

What could be next, Millennium Push?!

Millennium push? Mmmmmm

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Started on Saturday. I stopped during the last set due to wrist pain. Elbow was a bit sore too. Not used to the volume I guess. Anyway, I was still able to rock some pullups after and the wrist felt fine later on that day. I'll just have to tread carefully I think, maybe try a little longer rest between sets. (I tried to keep it not much more than 60 sec).

Back at it tonight! (In addition to pull up work to balance things out).

I will be doing this as well, although I will have limited to no access to the internet for a week (or two?) so I will not be joining the spreadsheet. Best of luck to all of you though.

My initial test was 14 pushups. I'm hoping to increase at least 500%, meaning 70 pushups by the end of week 6. :)

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I will be joining this as part of the next 6 week challenge as well. I will work on them a little before the challenge starts and go from there. Looking forward to it. I was inspired by the progress of everyone on the 10v1 challenge.

Day one finished! 6,6,4,4,7 with 60 sec breaks! Are you guys ready to kick some serous but! I know I am!

Also thanks to those who will be cheering us on from the sidelines! It really helps to know people are routing for us!

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

Sorry, I was visiting my parent's this week-end and could not give news on the forum but I did my push-ups! Actually I had to do my first set several times. My parent's dog has no concept of what a pushup is and for him it's jus "OMG OMG she's on the floor! Let's jump on her back!" When I told him to lay down, well, he did, he is quite obedient after all! Quite. Technically he obeyed me. He was laying down on the floor all the time... just crawling to reach me while I was trying to do my set! Can you do some push-ups and laugh? Well I can't. :P

Still managed to did them when he was not around. I feel like it will be really difficult. Even more than the 10vs1 challenge. Then again, it wouldn't be a challenge if it was too easy right?

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

My parent's dog has no concept of what a pushup is and for him it's jus "OMG OMG she's on the floor! Let's jump on her back!" When I told him to lay down, well, he did, he is quite obedient after all! Quite. Technically he obeyed me. He was laying down on the floor all the time... just crawling to reach me while I was trying to do my set! Can you do some push-ups and laugh? Well I can't. :P

Are our dogs related? I can't workout around my dog unless I'm taking her for a run or walk. When I'm doing jumping jacks or skipping she's all like shortstuff is jumping gotta bite her feet, when I'm on the floor she's all gotta lick shortstuff's face so she will pat me, or lets make X as hard as I can for shortstuff, the rest of the time she barks at me to pat her untill I pat her or she gets sick of it

My dog also mistakes me for a sheep that needs rounding up, normally at lest once during a walk or run, but than again she is a border collie

Edit: you also can't say swim or walk around my dog .... Unless you plan on doing one of them with the dog

I'll join this time!

Also, regarding dogs, it took quite a few weeks to train my dogs not to try to lick my face when I'm on the floor. And I still have to chase them to the couch occasionally between sets when deadlifting or doing OHP as they like to be underfoot while I'm lifting, since they start to get jealous of the weights. Or anything else that isn't them that has my attention, really.

Brandon, Brandon! He's on the track to get some DOMS! *\o/*

*cheers*

And my parent's dog is an Australian shepherd, like this one/ Truth to be said, ours has a most dumb look on his face :P They also have a black border collie, but she is quite a old lady so she is very well behaved.

I like to think of my dog as my personal trainer - you say walk/swim I make you wish you never said the word until you take me for one (she barks LOADLY and jumps around and its hard to calm her down until you take her for one), one more sit up/deep lunge for one more "kiss" (she licks), your not running fast enough (she bites feet), that's not good enough/you can do it/you can do one more (she barks) that push up looks too easy (jumps on back)

I feel like it will be really difficult. Even more than the 10vs1 challenge. Then again, it wouldn't be a challenge if it was too easy right?

I think this is definitely tougher than the 10v1. Only advice I can give is to take as much time as you need between sets. I've been managing fine with a minute between sets so far but I don't think I'd have finished the final set if I hadn't taken an extra 30 seconds rest.

I'm also slightly tenative about this program. I couldn't find anything on the site giving any information about how they've designed it or even testimonials of people that have used it. I'm sure there's some logic behind it but without knowing it it kinda feels like something someone has just chucked together as an easy marketing thing. Also, the way its going at the moment it feels to me as if, for me, going from 45 to 100 in 3 weeks could be a big ask. I don't want to be Mr. Pessimist and demoralise you guys but I wouldn't be surprised if you get to the end of the 6 weeks and have to add more on because you haven't hit 100 yet (now go and prove me wrong)

I also wonder about the science behind the website. That's why I will give myself a few more session and then tweak the progression to my taste like we did for the 10vs1. I know that if I want to reach 100 push-ups in 6 weeks with 3 sessions a week, I have to add 4 push-ups to my max set at every sessions. And it's a lot ^^'

Illogically, I think I will add some sets to the 5 pre-written sets. My arms needs some more warm up before aiming for high rep. I'll try to add 3 sets of 5 today and see what will happens. Then, I'll need to find a good progression rhythm, I'm not sure I will reach 100, I'm pretty sure I won't actually. But I'm sure that I will fight until the end at least!

Done for today! I was supposed to do 14 reps + 16 reps + 12 reps + 12 reps + 17+ reps

but I finally did: 5 reps + 5 reps + 5 reps + 14 reps + 5 reps + 16 reps + 12 reps + 12 reps + 19 reps

yeah, I know, I'm crazy to add set but it actually helped a lot. Usually I find the first set painful to do, with the low rep set before, it felt way more easier to do. Warming-up push-ups before the push-ups seems like a good idea to me! And my arms are all stiff again. Haaa, memories :D

Today, I did 14, 19, 14, 14, 19 with 90 seconds rest. The last set was hard, really hard. I really want to push my recoveries, so I am going to try to stick as close to the prescriptions as possible.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

Done for today :) 6 90sec rest 8 90 sec 6 90 sec 6 3min 8

I'm not expecting to actually hit 100. I'll be happy if i can do any where for 15-25, but of course i'm gonna aim for at least 50 XD

Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/24724-rain13-hell-yea-im-back/#entry419693

level: 2Race: Elf | Class: Druid/Assassin | Height: 5'8 | Weight: 135lbsStrength: 7 | Dexterity: 4 | Stamina: 4 1/2 | Constitution: 6 | Wisdom: 7 | Charisma: 4

I'm not expecting to actually hit 100. I'll be happy if i can do any where for 15-25, but of course i'm gonna aim for at least 50 XD

I'm the same, I know / don't care if I reach 100, but I will be happy with what ever I get, I am pretty much along for the ride

Archived