Forums are back in action! ×

Dying to lose the baby weight... for good this time

Hey, I'm Bonnie. I started training for a 5K mid-July, and I found this site when I was searching for running tips. I have plantar fasciitis, and I am on my feet all day. Steve's tips on that helped a lot, and he's certainly right about bare-foot running. Anyway, I had a baby 5 years ago, and since then I've been losing/gaining weight in a really annoying cycle. I'm tired of people still asking me if I'm pregnant. I was told I will never lose the flab where my uterus used to be (sorry for the gross-out), so I really want to prove my doctor (and everyone else) wrong.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm hoping the way of the nerd (especially since I already am one) is the right path for me. I just need that extra kick in the right direction, I guess.

DireWolfCurse

Don't think about it, just DO it.

My Challenge  Battle Log  My Epic Quest

*UPDATE*

I went down 4 lbs since my last weigh-in, since I first saw this site. Just wanted to update, because it's actually been a while since I actually lost weight and didn't gain any. I was running a ton before, and my frame isn't made for just running. I'm a stockier woman, and I need circuit training. Combine that with eating less grains, and I'm workin' it.

• Like 1

DireWolfCurse

Congrats for the weight loss!!! :D Are you going to take part in the next 6-wks challenge? And about the circuit training - I hope others who are more experienced can help you - as I'm new to exercise world too..

• Like 1

.: d3li9ht :.

Level 2 Aspiring Assassin

[ STR 3.3 ][ DEX 2.9 ][ STA 4 ][ CON 3.2 ][ WIS 4 ][ CHA 2 ]

Challenges:  #0.5  |  #1.5  |  #3 CURRENT  |  YAYOG PVP (W5D3)  

The Awesome Colorful Spreadsheets 

Welcome!

There's a basic body weight circuit on the NF site here which I think is a great place to start. 

As d3li9ht mentioned we've got the next round of 6 week challenges coming up ... goals are good motivators but so are to-do lists which is how I view the challenges :)

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback

I'm not actually new to exercising, however. I took a form of Karate when I was 11 until I was about 19, then my instructor died. I play tennis, I love hiking... My newbie status is more in the realm of the gym itself. Public gyms scare the hell out of me... I like the ones you can do at home. I happen to also be a self-motivated person, so I don't really need to go to a gym to show off. Then again, one day I was running at the Y (they have an indoor track, in case anyone didn't know that), and a little girl was watching me run. She said, "Wow she's running fast!" I wasn't, but it felt good and made me want to push harder. Of course, I waited until her father made her leave before I had to stop and walk like a chump. My legs were calling me an idiot lol

DireWolfCurse

As far as post-baby flab, it has a lot to do with your individual make up, from what I have read. If your skin has the genetic potential to shrink down after stretching to house an amazing human, then it could, possibly. Or not. Depending on how much weight you gained during pregnancy and how far the baby made you stretch, plus whether the females in your family had stretch marks, etc, it can tell you what you are possibly capable of reaching. But it is definitely a badge of honor too, and the "mommy pouch" in some form is nothing to be ashamed of in my mind.

I know I'm aiming at just having great muscle underneath the skin. My babies didn't stretch me out too bad, but I lost so much muscle tone and had to deal with Diastasis Recti with both pregancies.

Good luck! See you at the next challenge?

Brain-Building Assassin, a.k.a Radical Domestic Jill-of-All-Trades

Battle Log | Challenges: Current |18 |17 |16 |15 |14 |13 |12 |11 |109 | 87 | 65432 | 1  

Isaiah 40:30-31