Forums are back in action! ×

As Terrifying as Terror Is....

I hope I'm doing this right.  I don't computer good.

At 26, I moved to a new town.  By 27, I gained an extra 30 pounds from the stress and loneliness.  I've always hated exercising because it's boring.  I love cooking because it's fun, but I managed to convince myself there was no time to do it.  Stress makes me feel trapped.  My pants were way too tight and uncomfortable on top of everything.  I joined the gym and started doing the same old thing--a couple miles on the treadmill, but didn't change my eating habits.  In January of this year, I decided enough was enough.  

I wanted to try something totally new, but was too scared to do it alone.  I hired a trainer to show me how to use the OTHER side of the gym.  The scary side.  The Place of the Giant Men.  Where Women Must Never Go.  And it turned out, I was good at it!  And I actually liked it!  All the things I've been told and I've told myself I couldn't do, it turns out I'm really good at!  And then to get better at THAT, I decided to start eating better.  I'm back to cooking and getting some healthy food back into myself (and my boyfriend, who I'm slowly persuading to join me).  While I will probably never go full paleo (healthy, inspired oatmeal is kind of my jam) I'm definitely trying to focus on protein, fruits, and veggies. 

And at some point in the last couple months, I found the Rebellion.  As a long time lover of fantasy literature (one of the few places women get to be just as kickass as the men) I am psyched to be working "beside" people who get my jokes!  I joined the six week challenge that starts today, and I can't wait to get started!

So HI!!!!!!

• Like 1

Pleeaasseee tell me your username is a Buffy reference...

:D :D :D

WELCOME!  I agree with you on the Paleo thing, while it's mostly good, I think smart choices are equally good and I like veggie pasta and brown rice once in a while!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Pleeaasseee tell me your username is a Buffy reference...

:D :D :D

WELCOME!  I agree with you on the Paleo thing, while it's mostly good, I think smart choices are equally good and I like veggie pasta and brown rice once in a while!

Yep!  Love Buffy!  (And in the eternal Spike/Angel debate, I fall firmly in the "I just want to get drunk with Spike and talk about how BORING Angel is" camp.

• Like 1

Yep!  Love Buffy!  (And in the eternal Spike/Angel debate, I fall firmly in the "I just want to get drunk with Spike and talk about how BORING Angel is" camp.

BAHAHA yes!  One of my favorite Spike moments was at the end of season ... uhm ... I forget, when he was driving off in that old car with the blacked-out windows (badly) singing "My Way". XD

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

And if your name is a buffy reference, then is your thread title a Wicked reference? Not that I know the show at all, or could quote it verbatim, or  have the songbook on a shelf, or.... you know. Anything.

Congrats on making the big change, and I agree that 100% Paleo is maybe too much of a good thing for most people. I'm certainly not willing to give up everything I love (see my thread on making my own Mayo in the food section).

Welcome to the rebellion, It's a friendly community with loads of folks who can help you with whatever your current goals, questions or concerns are. And you know, I've heard it said, that people come in to our lives for a reason ;)

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

And if your name is a buffy reference, then is your thread title a Wicked reference? Not that I know the show at all, or could quote it verbatim, or  have the songbook on a shelf, or.... you know. Anything.

Congrats on making the big change, and I agree that 100% Paleo is maybe too much of a good thing for most people. I'm certainly not willing to give up everything I love (see my thread on making my own Mayo in the food section).

Welcome to the rebellion, It's a friendly community with loads of folks who can help you with whatever your current goals, questions or concerns are. And you know, I've heard it said, that people come in to our lives for a reason ;)

Haha!  Yes!  I'm also a musical geek!  I've seen Wicked twice, and my college roommate and I have gone as Elphaba/Glinda for Halloween, and we have a caricature on the wall with the caption, "For you see my roommate is, unusually and exceedingly peculiar and all together quite impossible to describe./Blonde."  I am not the blonde.  Also, I guess we're not roommates anymore, so we just trade the picture back and forth every year because neither of us wants to give it up!

I love how positive everyone is here!  I've been skipping around some of the threads and even the topics that make internet people start yelling at each other are full of supportive comments.  No negativity, just asking questions.  It's awesome.  So glad I finally decide to jump in with both feet!

• Like 2

Haha!  Yes!  I'm also a musical geek!  I've seen Wicked twice, and my college roommate and I have gone as Elphaba/Glinda for Halloween, and we have a caricature on the wall with the caption, "For you see my roommate is, unusually and exceedingly peculiar and all together quite impossible to describe./Blonde."  I am not the blonde.  Also, I guess we're not roommates anymore, so we just trade the picture back and forth every year because neither of us wants to give it up!

I love how positive everyone is here!  I've been skipping around some of the threads and even the topics that make internet people start yelling at each other are full of supportive comments.  No negativity, just asking questions.  It's awesome.  So glad I finally decide to jump in with both feet!

Well, now there's at least two of us musical geeks here. I've seen Wicked a few more times than you, but I've never gone to Halloween dressed as Fiyero :P

And yeah, even when people here disagree, they're so darn polite about it.It's awesome.

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

Welcome!

healthy, inspired oatmeal is kind of my jam

Color me intrigued! 

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37 #38 #39 #40
Current Challenge Don't Call It A Comeback