Forums are back in action! ×

MR_Willes "keeping-momentum" daily Battle-Log

On 3/25/2017 at 10:24 AM, mr_willes said:

EDIT: calculated the total: 13655 kg or 30126 lbs. added it to broba's spreadsheet, and i beat him, i actually beat him! And i'm third W00T!!!

Well done sir!  I need some cardio orders asap!

• Like 1
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

Monday's workout was short and simple cause i wasn't feeling it:

OHP:

5xbar

5x27.5

5x37.5

5x47.5

4x51

3x54

3x54

3x54

3x54

3x54

DL:

5x57.5

5x77.5

5x90

4x100

3x110

3x110

3x110

3x110

3x110

I didn't even rack the weights...

Total weight: 4839 KG - 10668 lbs

14 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Well done sir!  I need some cardio orders asap!

I put them on your thread but you already saw them. Curious to know what you thought of it! And, wear gloves!

11 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Well done, man!

Thanx! Gotta keep pushing a bit. Too bad by the time this challenge is over i will (probably) reboot the Juggernaut. The 10's phase would be fantastic to torment him with!

So here's to hoping @Broba Fett will torment the warriors again next challenge ;)

• Like 5

... a little odd in the head ...

9 hours ago, mr_willes said:

So here's to hoping @Broba Fett will torment the warriors again next challenge ;)

I don't know that I'll challenge the whole guild again but I'll definitely keep posting my overall volume.  We can probably get some side action going or something.  

Gonna do some boxing tomorrow morning. :D

• Like 2
Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

Wednesday:

SQ:

5xbar

5x37.5

5x57.5

5x77.5

5x90

4x100

3x110

3x110

3x110

3x110

3x110

BP:

5xbar

5x37.5

5x57.5

4x65

3x71

3x71

3x71

3x71

3x71

Was very pleased with both, though i was really short on time (had to go to swimming school with my oldest which meant i could start working out at 09:00 PM). Squat felt really solid, and i was a bit afraid i would have trouble with the 3x71 on the BP, but i got them up solidly if i made sure i checked all my BP-cues.

- Hard grip

- Shoulders squeezed behind my back

- Solid base with my feet and push back on my shoulders, feeling that my ass is about to leave the bench

- Breath hard and put it in my lower abdomen

- Gently lower the bar

This resulted in 5 solid sets! Last 2 were getting heavy but doable.

• Like 6

M T W T F S S
  L1a Rest CF L2a CF L3a Run
  M T W T F S S
  L1b Rest CF L2b CF L3b Run

Days 1a 2a 3a 1b 2b 3b  
Squat X X   X X V  
Deadlifts X   X   X    
Benchpress X   X X   X  
Overheadpress   X   X   X  

My new conjured up workout schedule, this is the best i could come up with. These are the rules i wanted/needed to follow:

• Overall:
    • 3 Lifting days
    • 2 Crossfit days
    • 1 run day
    • 1 rest day
    • No 2 days of the same workout after each other
    • Monday has to be a lifting day
    • CF cannot be Tuesday
    • Keep the schedule as easy as possible
    • Spread workouts as much as possible
  • Lifting:
    • Squat: Twice a week (was doubting if i would do 2 or 3 times a week, also see L3b)
    • Deadlift: more than once a week but not too much (last week i overdid a bit and i can feel it in my back)
    • Benchpress: Twice a week but not always on the same days as squatting (3 times a week aggravated the tendons of my biceps)
    • Overheadpress: Keep frequency low but once a week seems like not enough to make progress with this
    • Do a minimum of one heavy lift (SQ/DL) every workout, so on workout L3b i'm gonna do a variance on the squat, like speedwork or frontsquat or something
    • Have a rest day after the heavy Lifting workouts (L1a and L1b )

The only thing i now don't like in the schedule is that the 2 CF days are so close to each other.

I'm gonna reboot Juggernaut in 2 weeks. I'm on phase 4 week 2 now, so i'm gonna do week 3 next week, and the deload week after that, so i'm gonna start The new juggernaut on April 17th. Looking forward to that, i will be working with numbers which are much more accurate (did a bit of guesstimating to start juggernaut last time).

• Like 4

So yesterday was my first CF (introductory) lesson.

Started out with a warmingup:

Run 200m

2x

- 10 Goodmornings with PVC pipe

- 10 Cat-Cow

- 10 Burpees

Run 200m

Practiced the deadlift first with PVC

5x5 with incrementing weights, last set was 70 kg (154 lbs) because i didn't want to be that guy that tries to show off on the very first lesson.

Practiced some kettlebell swings

WOD:

3 min amrap:

buy in: 200m run

9 deadlift

9 burpees over the bar

3 min rest

3 min amrap:

7 deadlift

7 burpees burpees over the bar

3 min rest

3 min amrap:

5 deadlift

5 burpees burpees over the bar

deadlift was @ 50 kg (110 lbs)

Score: 40-35-15

Completely wasted afterwards, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

This reignited my spark to go running more, i really need to up the stamina!

• Like 8

13 hours ago, mr_willes said:

Practiced the deadlift first with PVC

5x5 with incrementing weights, last set was 70 kg (154 lbs) because i didn't want to be that guy that tries to show off on the very first lesson.

Nice touch. If they knew your real numbers, other beginner athletes might feel intimidated :P

Did you have a good time? That's the most important part of the recap

• Like 4

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn

7 hours ago, Agnarr said:

Nice touch. If they knew your real numbers, other beginner athletes might feel intimidated :P

Did you have a good time? That's the most important part of the recap

Yes it was, though the first time is always a bit awkward. I had much fun. But it will get even better once i get to know the people better. Seeing who is on par, and competing against them. My name got on the board and i think i finished second of the group. 

• Like 4

On 4/5/2017 at 0:54 AM, mr_willes said:

i really need to up the stamina!

You and me both brother! Gaelic practice has been helping out some but I'm still slightly out of shape.

I'm glad you got to finally do CF! That's awesome dude. I think you woulda been ok showing off a little on the DL ;) 

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

17 hours ago, Wild Wolf said:

You and me both brother! Gaelic practice has been helping out some but I'm still slightly out of shape.

I'm glad you got to finally do CF! That's awesome dude. I think you woulda been ok showing off a little on the DL ;) 

Wolf

Keep on Gaelicing! That will make sure you will get back into shape, doing something you love is the easiest way to get to your goal!

And i already showed a bit off with the DL, i was the only one going up to 70. We were lined up in two rows and i was at the front of the right row. So i couldn't see behind me what the rest was doing, but the instructor at some point found it necessary to inform the rest of the group i already had some experience with DL. So i think people were staring...

12 hours ago, Broba Fett said:

Once you get a little more comfortable there the camaraderie will really suck you in.  Glad you had a good first session. 

I really hope so, that's a big part of why i chose CF. I know i get my A-game on in friendly-competition and i respond very well to being pushed. I'm one of those ...

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor here hold my beer meme

(best examples, 7 min plank and the 70 burpees in 5 minute (without much training for that last one...)

• Like 4

Oow crap, i did another thing...

foto van Strong Viking Run.

Like last year, the beast version 19K (12 miles). Signed up with 3 friends. Now i really need to brush up my running, and thank god i'm going crossfitting twice a week. Next to that i'm gonna keep doing juggernaut, but only the compound moves, adding in accessories like: grip strength, dead hangs and pullups!

• Like 6

Oh exciting! 

Hang on, though. Are there hills in Amsterdam? Did my geography teach lie to me?

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

HILLS EDITION – OBSTACLE RUN AMSTERDAM
If you thought there were no hills in the Netherlands, you were wrong! At the 19-kilometer trail there are 600 altimeters. This obstacle run takes place at the well-known Spaarnwoude area, near Amsterdam and you can choose between the 7-kilometer trail, the 13-kilometer trail or the 19-kilometer trail. The Iron Viking will also take place during the Hills Edition 2016: 42 km with 100+ obstacles and 2600 altimeters. Strong Viking Obstacle Run Amsterdam is chosen as the best Obstacle & Mud run from Holland.

Will be interesting to see how much of a burden these "Hills" will be...

• Like 3

Indoor ski slope hills! Weaver! Dragons Back! So many good obstacles in there. This looks epic. Strong Viking is definitely on my to-do list.

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

8 hours ago, mr_willes said:

I know i get my A-game on in friendly-competition and i respond very well to being pushed. I'm one of those ...

They may tell you to only compare yourself to what you did last week or whatever but that friendly competition really pushes me as well.  (As seen in my challenge, obvs.)

Spoiler

Currently...

Past Challenges:

18 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Indoor ski slope hills! Weaver! Dragons Back! So many good obstacles in there. This looks epic. Strong Viking is definitely on my to-do list.

Just make sure to let me know when! We will probably do one/some again next year.

16 hours ago, Agnarr said:

They lied to us all...

It's a global conspiracy! And we've got everybody fooled thinking the Netherlands is super duper flat!

• Like 2

Last nights CF workout was a lot less intense compared to the first lesson, but many techniques were handled:

Technique:

OHP with PVC

Warmup:

1x 30 sec on the assault bike

3 rounds of:

10 OHP with PVC

10 air squats

10 hollow holds

Technique:

Handstand

5x3 Push press (last set with 55 kg)

Ring rows

Db Thrusters

WOD:

21-15-9

DB thrusters @ 10 KG

Ring rows

Time: 07:05

My ring rows SUCK!!! (knew that, will work on it)

Got to see the other instructor, cool dude, young man, nice and easy going, really strict on the techniques used.

Curious to see what's in store tuesday!

• Like 5