Forums are back in action! ×

Hallo - female lifting newbie

Hi everyone,

First post! Have read a lot of the NF articles over the last couple of weeks and decided to sign up to the forum - so hi!

I'm female, 61kg 5ft5.5 and I stepped into the freeweights section of the gym for the first time ever yesterday. Completed the most basic set of the Stronglifts 5x5 (most exercises with just the bar)... and I think I might already be hooked!

Hope to see you around the forum :)

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, koalified said:

Hey :) thanks I'll make my way over there... and probably ask some embarrassingly silly n00b questions :chuncky:

Hey there! I just started too, I'm in week 5 of SL. (Poor poor Sundae, I asked her so many questions!)

Don't worry about being new, as everyone reminded me again and again (and it looks like your avi got the message), everyone starts somewhere! Here's a super handy abbreviation list that'll make lifting logs a lot easier to understand :D http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Glossary.html

Welcome!

Glad you decided to sign up :) 

1 hour ago, ~RedStone~ said:

Here's a super handy abbreviation list that'll make lifting logs a lot easier to understand :D http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Glossary.html

Finally can start learning this alien language!

• Like 1

Apprentice of Intent .  Lvl X Druidu Bronze IV

Epic Quest | Battle Log | Current Challenge

' Who has the time to stall reaching hus highest potential? Death tells me "I'm a fickle thing, and I see you." ' •Aerisand

13 minutes ago, Aeri-sand said:

Welcome!

Glad you decided to sign up :) 

Finally can start learning this alien language!

I can't believe it took me 5 weeks to think of googling this LOL. Wish I had it my first week! 

• Like 1

@~RedStone~ thanks for the link, looks like it will come in very useful!! How are you finding SL with the weight increments? And have you started to notice a difference after 5 weeks?

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the calories side of things - I've only ever changed my eating for weight loss not muscle gain, any advice on this would be great 

Thanks guys :)

• Like 1
@~RedStone~ thanks for the link, looks like it will come in very useful!! How are you finding SL with the weight increments? And have you started to notice a difference after 5 weeks?

I have to admit I'm a bit confused about the calories side of things - I've only ever changed my eating for weight loss not muscle gain, any advice on this would be great 

Thanks guys [emoji4]

lol sorry, yes I'm doing strong lifts as well! I didn't even start with the bar, I was using 20 & 30# training bars. Yesterday's numbers included 75# squats and 105# deadlifts.

For me the most challenging lifts have been OHP and the bent rows, slow going for me. Bench I'm still doing the bar but they're getting better.

I'm still lifting on a deficit, which in my limited understand makes the gain process a little slower. Will be curious to see how your progress goes!

Sent from somewhere in the universe

23 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'd guess StrongLifts.

Even after I looked up sled I still didn't get it LOL, thought maybe it was just a floor rack until I watched a video :P