Forums are back in action! ×

Hello,

New to the forum so I wanted to stop by and introduce myself.  I'm an avid runner and started my first casual 5k about 4 years ago. Loved it ever since and started moving from 5k's to 10k's and eventually half marathons. My new goal is a full marathon with a good stable pace throughout the entire run.  If anyone has ran a full marathon then i'm more than open to listen to tips for my first full!

Hope to make new friends here, nice to meet you all.

• Like 1

Hello,

New to the forum so I wanted to stop by and introduce myself.  I'm an avid runner and started my first casual 5k about 4 years ago. Loved it ever since and started moving from 5k's to 10k's and eventually half marathons. My new goal is a full marathon with a good stable pace throughout the entire run.  If anyone has ran a full marathon then i'm more than open to listen to tips for my first full!

Hope to make new friends here, nice to meet you all.

Welcome welcome! I'd love to give you running advise, but I think the extent of my skills in that department ends at the end of a sprint ;) But I'm sure you'll find many comrades with the Adventurers and Scouts! 

• Like 1

Hi there! I'm running my first full and ultra run this year too, I'll gladly exchange info and encouraging words :D

Awesome! What is your current training routine if you don't mind me asking?  For the half marathon I just did normal jogging sessions without any real training routine and I was exhausted after. I can't imagine running a full but i'm doing it regardless lol

• Like 1

Awesome! What is your current training routine if you don't mind me asking?  For the half marathon I just did normal jogging sessions without any real training routine and I was exhausted after. I can't imagine running a full but i'm doing it regardless lol

I actually just started last week. I do 2-3 'maintenance' runs during the week. Anywhere between 4 and 7 miles. And then I do a long run on the weekend. I started at 8 last week, this week I have a 10 miler. I plan to slowly increase long run distance and keep the others where they are and focus on pace and breathing. I'm also strength training since my 32 miler is an obstacle course race as well so I'm doing all sorts of fun stuff you shouldn't usually do together!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both