Forums are back in action! ×

Limitless is a state of mind

Hello fellow nerds.  

I'm Limitless, or so my name implies.  It's still a work in progress.  

This hero started as a small, shy , underweight soldier.  And I'm still that small, shy , underweight guy, no longer a soldier.  But my, do i pretend well at being confident.  Most of the time (the eye contact with passers by intimidates me). 

I'm a non (ex) smoker, and i battle a little with alcohol.  Hey, it's not a comfortable topic, but im going to be brutally honest about myself. 

Goal wise - I'd like to get back to peak physical fitness (i was CRAZY about fitness when i was in the army).  I'd like to learn tai chi, just because.  I'd like to get my flexibility back (i'm suffering with weak/painful joints/wrist/back pain).  Bulking up would be nice.  Not bodybuilder, but you know. That guy you see in the street and go "daamn, he must work out".  Not that i want people to come up and say that but.. ya know, feel like people would if they had the confidence lmao! 

I'm very sedentary at the moment.  Wake (after midday often), drink coffee, game, eat (maybe), sleep (after midnight) repeat. I don't have a job, although i'd LOVE one.     

So the goals are to fix that: 

Wake up at a sensible time 

Eat well (or at all, I eat when i'm hungry lol!) 

Practice some form of exercise (NF BodyWeight workout , see if my body handles it?  Tai Chi - Learn at home, can't afford otherwise so i'll make do with what i can.  Haters gonna hate. 

Get a job, start a savings account.  

Long term -

Continue my happy marriage.

Live somewhere beautiful.

TRAVEL!  BIG ONE, WORLD TRAVEL !  

Write a book of some form (even if it sucks).  

Bungee Jump

Sky Dive

Develop a cool hobby .. like snowboarding

.... Learn to snowboard. 

Speak a second language fluently.  

I'm sure i have many more, but this is just a little piece of who i am.  Please be aware this post was written at 0256am, (yeah.. see the sedentary section above), so it will be due for change.  Please follow it for updates as i learn to gather my thoughts.  

• Like 3

Limitless the level 0 Wood elf

"Limits you say?  Never heard of them say I"
My Current Challenge

Hey yo! How goes day 2 @Limitless ? Have you narrowed down any programs you're interested in rocking?

Good afternoon 

Hey yo! How goes day 2 @Limitless ? Have you narrowed down any programs you're interested in rocking?

Morning/Afternoon RedStone :)  I'm having an okay day, not very eventful yet, but I'm thinking about giving this a go today.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7qAQ720x8&nohtml5=False

I set up my 4 week challenge ( 3 weeks now? lol), so i'm going to follow that for a little while I think, see how I do.  

How are you?  

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D7qAQ720x8&nohtml5=False

I set up my 4 week challenge ( 3 weeks now? lol), so i'm going to follow that for a little while I think, see how I do.  

How are you?  

That looks awesome!!! A the setting reminds me of a park I used to live near :D 

I'm okay - pretty much as good as I get first thing in the morning ;) (NOT a morning person LOL it's 8am here)

Great on setting up a challenge! I'll head on over and check it out. I started my first challenge late too, just cuz, I dunno, that's when I showed up! Half of it was just working up the courage to join a gym and post form videos and stuff. Hitting the ground running!!

• Like 1

Haters gonna hate, potaters gonna potate. ;)

This just made me laugh for like a minute straight :P 

• Like 1

Now we just need to work out what deep-fried Mars bars do...

What DON'T they do? (At the Iowa state fair they have a deep fried stick of butter...:abnormal:)

No no quite alright.  It's good to see some conversation, even if it's on the nutritional value of a deep fried mars bar haha (they're heart attacks in a box). 

Haters gonna hate, potaters gonna potate. ;)

Nice to see you over on the boards!

Thanks!  I can't do much in my life to make myself accountable , nor is reward much of an option (hey, finances.. lol!).  So I thought I would at least hold myself accountable to write on here, win or fail not manage it that day.

• Like 1

My Current Challenge

No no quite alright.  It's good to see some conversation, even if it's on the nutritional value of a deep fried mars bar haha (they're heart attacks in a box). 

Thanks!  I can't do much in my life to make myself accountable , nor is reward much of an option (hey, finances.. lol!).  So I thought I would at least hold myself accountable to write on here, win or fail not manage it that day.

I'm sure you'll find a bunch of cheerleaders/drill sergeants around here. :) 

• Like 1

Just another day at the fitness boards! LOL. Saying things out loud writing things here really helps me keep going. I didn't expect to be so active on my threads, but it has been a huge help!

(I tried a deep fried oreo once. It was weird haha :P )

I'm going to do a restructure of my threads after this challenge, maybe throw in some images, make it more me ^^

Deep fried Oreo?  No thanks!  haha xD

I've tried one before to see what the fuss was about. I have to say it was pretty damn awesome for my tastebuds, but my stomach had a rough time with it.