Forums are back in action! ×

Hello!  I am Zera, and I just joined NF and have found myself to be a warrior accepting the occasional quest as a ranger. 

I am an owner and head coach of a CrossFit but am a competitive weightlifter.  A year and a half ago, I was doing great.  Newly married, a thriving business, a 16th and 11th national placing in weightlifting competitions, basically, I felt invincible.  After an epic day in the gym where I hit a PR snatch and deadlift, the hubs and I decided to start trying for a baby.  That's when things went south.   In the last year and a half, I have had 2 post-heartbeat miscarriages.  We even knew the gender and name of the second.  Since then I have had all the testing under the sun to try and find the source of our heartbreaks.  Tomorrow, I find out the results and get my new fertility plan. 

Meanwhile, I let all of my goals fall to a standstill.  None of my personal fitness or other life goals mattered anymore.  They were all curtains covering my goal to have a child.  I between pregnancies and emotions, I let myself gain weight, lost all motivation to train and emotionally detached from a business and community I had spent years cultivating and growing.  Despite living a large and adventurous life, I let this past year totally eclipse my bold, quirky, and confident sense of self. 

I am here to regain my spirit, continue my quest for a child while honoring my mind and body's potential.  I can no longer live in fear of winter. 

I am here to ask for help, be held accountable, cheer on fellow questers and give myself a richer purpose. 

Nice to meet you.

tumblr_nmnk1fLCnS1tzmf9ro5_500.gif

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Zera said:

I am here to regain my spirit, continue my quest for a child while honoring my mind and body's potential.  I can no longer live in fear of winter. 

I am here to ask for help, be held accountable, cheer on fellow questers and give myself a richer purpose. 

Welcome! Sounds like you're in the right place. Folks around these parts are nothing short in the support and motivation department. I personally find the challenges to be the most social and involved way to get feedback and woos and all that good stuff, so hope to see you around the boards!! :D 

18 hours ago, Zera said:

@~RedStone~ - Thanks!  I have started to figure out the challenge boards.  Yours is pretty epic inspiration ;)

haha, thanks! it's been a wild couple of months, and everyone here has been super helpful and supportive in getting me started with lifting. My first challenge was kind of a mess, but I'm starting to get the hang of it now ;) Been a great way to find and give support :D 

Hey and welcome to the Rebellion!

I'm really sorry to hear of your losses. Good on you for getting back on the horse!

I'm Sundae and I'm a Warrior ambassador. It looks like you're already sorted on the lifting side of things, so give me a shout if there's anything I can do to help you find your way around the boards.

:) 

• Like 1