Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Run into Trader Joe’s to get water. See bottles of the protein drink we tried to get my mother to drink (but failed because she knew better than everyone). Tear up for no reason?? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

37 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Tear up for no reason?? normal and understandable reasons.

FTFY

• Like 5

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Got less than 4 hours of sleep again, yay! Was mostly dead driving to the dentist (in the snow! on largely unplowed roads!) as a result. And had the most annoying hygienist. Then had to go to the Lyft place because I realized last night that the registration isn’t in my car. Could have sworn I saw it when I got the car two weeks ago, but last night I was looking for the owners manual because something on the dash list up (I turned cruise control on by accident, apparently) and the only documents in there were the results of the yearly inspection and a previous driver’s trash. Huzzah! I have to go back tomorrow because they didn’t have it on hand and the only person who could print a new one won’t be there til later and he’s bringing it with him. Ugh. 

Also wasn't going to drive to PT because traffic is going to be a mess on my way home, but two inches of slush + lack of waterproof shoes = problem. :( Basically I think the universe decided that since I had a decent Monday, today is going to be my crappy Monday. 

In other news, the fat cat’s new trick is to shove the bathroom door open and visit with whoever's in there. Which is cute for about two seconds and then you want to kick him in the face.

I swear i had a good thing to share and now I’m just complaining. Whoops. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

I swear i had a good thing to share and now I’m just complaining. Whoops. 

This must be the good thing, right?? Because cats??

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

In other news, the fat cat’s new trick is to shove the bathroom door open and visit with whoever's in there. Which is cute for about two seconds and then you want to kick him in the face.

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I'm going to light everything on fire. I'm trying to figure out how to get my DC medical records sent to Boston and I spent 7 minutes being bounced back and forth between two employees in different offices who each insisted the other one is the one I needed to talk to. I tried to get this done months ago by having my doctor's office request them, but they faxed the request form to their own medical records office, who then mailed the faxed copies to me and said "hey idiot u fucked up." So I printed off the request forms from each of the offices in DC and just need a fucking address or fax number and everybody's like "idk that's not my problem." I finally yelled at someone "DO NOT TRANSFER ME AGAIN I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ELSE IN YOUR OFFICE" and she was like "uhhhhhh... let me get you a manager." Manager told me I need to have them sent directly to my doctor's office, and then that office will forward them to the office that scans them into the overall medical record. ARRRRRRRGH. And yes, I checked the hospital system's website here, but the only form they have online is to request that they send my record elsewhere. This is so fucking annoying. 

Also, I've been on hold with Bank of America for 20 minutes now. They don't have branch phone numbers online so you have to call the 800 number. All I want to know is what I need to bring with me to cash in a savings bond that matures on Thursday, but that's not an option in the automated menu (twice I had to hang up and start again because it heard "bond" and kept sending me to an investment advisor) so it kicked me to the back of the line with a passive aggressive "because you wouldn't tell us what we can help you with, you'll have a longer wait." While typing this I finally got connected to someone, but it was a really shitty connection. I said I have a savings bond maturing, how do I cash it? She's like "you have funds? what do you want to do with it?" Go in circles several times. She finally gets it. "Well ma'am, you'll have to step inside a financial center for that." Okay great, but what do I need to *do* when I get there, since you fuckers won't let me call them directly? "Well you have to take it to a financial center." Yes, but what is the process for cashing a savings bond?? [Not all banks do it, apparently, because it's a complicated process. The one I worked at was like "haha no, go somewhere else." Hence my calling ahead of time.] She tells me I have to take my "funds" and my ID to a financial center to take care of it. I quit life. Also "step inside a financial center"??? Just be a normal person and say "go to a fucking branch." Argh. I loathe BofA but since my primary bank is online I need somewhere to deposit cash when I get it and there are no other major banks around that I don't also hate. No credit unions either.

Now I'm gonna go to PT and finally mail the shitty CPTSD book back to Amazon so I can get another one. And in the meantime try not to cry or break things. Flea with two days of not enough sleep is a miserable human being.

24 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

This must be the good thing, right?? Because cats??

Cats are good things. Wide open bathroom doors when you're not home alone are kind of bad. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Good: Box got shipped off and there were no lines at the post office. I found waterproof sneakers so I didn’t have to drive. I just got a bucket of free cleaning supplies and will be getting a free vacuum. 

Story on that last one: the doctors office system thing got a grant to help asthma and COPD patients last year. I remember my mother getting a letter in the mail that she never mentioned until like a week before she came home and was like “you should ask about it” but it came to her so I didn’t think we were eligible after she died.  But apparently no one followed up on those letters so now there’s someone just sitting in the lobby of the building asking if you have lung issues and giving out buckets with green cleaning products and recipes (there’s def vinegar and baking soda here) and then you have to come back for a 15 minute “health education session” and they give you the vacuum and something else. My father is going to be pissed because 3 weeks ago he finally decided after months of bitching to go buy a vacuum that handled pet hair and other allergens since Thing 1 and Thing 2 like beasts no matter how much we brush them. Oh well. It’s my vacuum and I’ll take it with me when I move out. But yay free stuff. 

Also good: had a total douchebag customer last night, gave him a 1-star review because there was an Asian guy in the car and shithead asked me a question and then was like “does this guy know? Does he even speak English?” And I was like “Jesus Christ wtf” but I didn’t say anything because he immediately changed the subject and also because whenever I’d tried to argue or even disagree with him at any point in the 20 minute ride up to that point, he just dug in and wouldn’t be told that he was wrong. So I didn’t want to give him an opportunity to be even more racist. But Lyft replied and said they’d be following up with him. Whee. The only downside is the subject line of the email was “follow up from Lyft trust & safety” but the message didn’t load on the train so I thought it was a passenger complaining about me at first. 

Bad: now I have to carry a bucket of cleaning supplies on the train home. Also I asked the receptionist where to have the medical records sent since I already have the forms for these places and she tries to give me the fax number of one of the offices that wanted nothing to do with me. I said they told me to have it sent here and she insists that no, it goes there. The other option is to fill out their form and they’ll send them to the DC offices and it will be taken care of. Which I already tried once. So I’m pissed that people are dumb and also that I wasted a ton of ink and paper last night printing out forms for these other places. I just want to go back to bed. This is why I’m never productive: it’s exhausting and always backfires on me. 

eta: physical therapist poked his head out to say he’d be with me in a minute and made the best confused face at the bucket. 

• Like 8

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

8 hours ago, fleaball said:

I've got a cat that does this WITH AUTHORITY. Like bangs the door against the wall when she does so. Which will scare the piss out of you if you weren't already going.

FYI - in all of my experiences, medical records are sent to the office where you are seen. If this is proving to be an issue, then request them to be sent to you. Sometimes, they try to charge you for this, but you should be able to call in and get that to not happen (OR you can have them sent to both the office you are seen in AND the office you were told to send them to). If they still give you problems, send them to me and I will mail them to you and you can walk them into the flipping office. 

• Like 4

Scarily enough. Agent Feline can open a barricaded locked pocket door on one of the 2 bathrooms. The other one he hasn't figured out how to work yet. Fortunately Agent Black has yet to understand this sorcery. Instead they sit there an paw at the door which sounds like someone knocking continually. That is very annoying

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis

On 1/30/2018 at 8:56 PM, fleaball said:

Good: Box got shipped off and there were no lines at the post office. I found waterproof sneakers so I didn’t have to drive. I just got a bucket of free cleaning supplies and will be getting a free vacuum. 

Sorry about the frustrating medical things, but am happy for the good stuff you had today.

On 1/31/2018 at 3:02 AM, Sylvaa said:

I've got a cat that does this WITH AUTHORITY. Like bangs the door against the wall when she does so. Which will scare the piss out of you if you weren't already going.

That cat would hate me, I scream when scared. Loudly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

giphy.gif

• Like 11

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Irony: was starting to write up a challenge about how i don't actually care about anything right now... and then got bored with it halfway through and closed the tab because I didn't care enough to continue. 

I'm alive. Followed some threads but haven't actually read them. Probably won't be posting much.

Carry on.

• Like 11

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

10 hours ago, fleaball said:

Irony: was starting to write up a challenge about how i don't actually care about anything right now... and then got bored with it halfway through and closed the tab because I didn't care enough to continue. 

I'm alive. Followed some threads but haven't actually read them. Probably won't be posting much.

Carry on.

J/K. Miss your face.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
On 2/13/2018 at 12:47 AM, fleaball said:

Carry on.

Do what you need to do Flea. We are here when you need us.

• Like 1

You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream - C.S. Lewis