Forums are back in action! ×

Hyperion starts from lvl1

Hi my name is Hyperion. I'm really bad at writing these so i'll apologise before i even start. I've been posting here bit mixed results. i have had few people reading my ramblings so i almost quit writing already but decided to give it another try.

So i'm 27 years old. 164 cm short around 82 kg guy from the far north. I'm a martial artist/weightlifter with long background in martial arts and bit shorter in weightlifting. I Train people in both. I live with my beautifful intelligent fiance in our lovely little home and enjoy my nerdy stuff. I watch a lot of anime, i love my marvel comics, and i play videogames. Especially indie games. I loved FEZ and i'm huge fan of minecraft. I could ramble on about games for hours, but currently i'm playing ff7 because my old computer didn't allow me to finish it. after this i'll start heroes 3 :D

I design stuff as a hobby and i'm currently a full time student. i'm minimal sleeper (only few hours a night), and i'm a fast learner with habit of reading too little. This due to my ADHD and the fact that i don't eat the meds as often as i should. I have also an interest into bonsai but there is no official group of bonsai hobbyists in my region so i have to rely on books and google.

However, my sports section needs a reboot. I recently found Medieval combat sports, and fell in love with it. however i'm unhappy with training methods on whole national level and wish to level the whole thing up a lot. I've also been in contact with local HEMA club to get some training on swords from them. i canceled my gym membership for a while to focus completely on mobility and into fixing overall stiffness and aches in my body. So for next few months i'll focus on making my physique a bit more functional, and polishing some of my techniques. Maybe i'll even clean up my diet. I need to reshape my whole conditioning process to make it feel new and interesting again. I like nerdfitness community and i hope to find the joy of participating again!

Hii

Just one suggestion. i know games and tv can be quite hard to limit  let alone quit. But since your focus is on getting a strong and functional body, you might want to prioritize,  reschedule  and get enough proper sleep. Accumulated fatigue can lead to injury, giving up or draining your wake time energy. And please do take your pills on time.

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

Hey there Hyperion! Fellow martial artist/lifter here! Shortie? Check! (125 cm) Minecraft??? OBVS. Mobility FTW Welcome to your reboot! Hope we get to hear about the process :D 

• Like 1

I tend to skip my adhd meds on times when i'm not working or studying because they give me cramps and evening time hangover. My sleep pattern has always been quite similar and most of the time i'm even not tired. It's in the genetics as my father, brother and me we all are in that rare group of humans who go on with less than half of usual sleep hours. Although it feels kinda heartwarming when people are giving caring reminders to rest more  hey Redstone glad to hear i'm not only lifter playing minecraft! I'll do my best to get something to write about as soon as i can!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Hyperion said:

hey Redstone glad to hear i'm not only lifter playing minecraft! I'll do my best to get something to write about as soon as i can!

:D MINECRAFT!!! :D If writing and talking about stuff isn't your jam, you can always just log your workouts in a daily battle log or something like that too, lots of people prefer that and find it very useful ;) 

s2RccuP.gif