Forums are back in action! ×

Merida steps up and takes aim...

Late 20’s, female, dog-obsessed smug married. I used to try to be cool, now I openly weep at weddings. I have something of a self-critical streak, which is causing issues. That’s part of what I’m here to work on. Also here to log my running progress alongside getting stronger, more together and happier.

Starting a battle log here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/88577-merida-takes-aim-battle-log/

And depending on how the next couple of weeks go, I’ll hopefully be joining the next challenge.

I am quite nervous of joining a forum, due to a) habit of withdrawing from social contact when things get tough and I’m wary of overloading myself with things to do... On the other hand, I’ve been lurking about for a while and it seems like a nice community, and I could do with some accountability! It’d be great to be able to offer encouragement to someone else :flustered:.

Me in a nutshell:

• Past adventures: Runner, newbie lifter, erratic yogini, ex-martial arts student (karate and muay thai), hockey player (field), horsewoman, fair weather skier.

• Current activities: To restart regular running and try to get my head in a better place, I tried out a mile a day challenge for August – I managed 27/31 miles! I am a proud dog owner - teaching my GSD to be a running buddy is a fun challenge. He started off very excitable and used to mouth my arm, which can be alarming from a fully grown 40kg dog. He’s so chilled now though! I’m also using my kettlebell and home barbell set to work on my strength, but I am very inconsistent with it!

• Being outside is vital for me but I find it all too easy to lurk indoors, with an office job, a long-ish commute, and the nights drawing in again L. The daily run and the dog are helping with this (well the dog is also just awesome, my second-favourite male on the planet). DH has long range plan of mountain guiding – I’d like to run a b&b and smallholding enterprise, and spend a good portion of each day outside someday.

• Nerd cred: well, despite my attempts, I’ve never been in danger of being a “cool” kid. I love board game nights, supernatural/sci fi tv/films (anything from BSG to Being Human, via Doctor Who, Batman and LOTR), a healthy smattering of slightly silly literature (reading some Terry Pratchett atm), and I knit a bit. Both my mother and MIL have recently given me books on how to knit really cool things: “Pride and Prejuknits” (knit the characters in memorable scenes from P&P) and “Knit your own Dog” (self explanatory, hopefully), respectively, FYI.

Looking forward to meeting others in the forum :flustered:

• Like 3
Late 20’s, female, dog-obsessed smug married. I used to try to be cool, now I openly weep at weddings. I have something of a self-critical streak, which is causing issues. That’s part of what I’m here to work on J. Also here to log my running progress alongside getting stronger, more together and happier.

Starting a battle log here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/88577-merida-takes-aim-battle-log/

And depending on how the next couple of weeks go, I’ll hopefully be joining the next challenge.

I am quite nervous of joining a forum, due to a) habit of withdrawing from social contact when things get tough and I’m wary of overloading myself with things to do... On the other hand, I’ve been lurking about for a while and it seems like a nice community, and I could do with some accountability! It’d be great to be able to offer encouragement to someone else :flustered:.

Me in a nutshell:

• Past adventures: Runner, newbie lifter, erratic yogini, ex-martial arts student (karate and muay thai), hockey player (field), horsewoman, fair weather skier.

• Current activities: To restart regular running and try to get my head in a better place, I tried out a mile a day challenge for August – I managed 27/31 miles! I am a proud dog owner -teaching my GSD to be a running buddy is a fun challenge. He started off very excitable and used to mouth my arm, which can be alarming from a fully grown 40kg dog. He’s so chilled now though! I’m also using my kettlebell and home barbell set to work on my strength, but I am very inconsistent with it!

• Being outside is vital for me but I find it all too easy to lurk indoors, with an office job, a long-ish commute, and the nights drawing in again L. The daily run and the dog are helping with this (well the dog is also just awesome, my second-favourite male on the planet). DH has long range plan of mountain guiding – I’d like to run a b&b and smallholding enterprise, and spend a good portion of each day outside someday.

• Nerd cred: well, despite my attempts, I’ve never been in danger of being a “cool” kid. I love board game nights, supernatural/sci fi tv/films (anything from BSG to Being Human, via Doctor Who, Batman and LOTR), a healthy smattering of slightly silly literature (reading some Terry Pratchett atm), and I knit a bit. Both my mother and MIL have recently given me books on how to knit really cool things: “Pride and Prejuknits” (knit the characters in memorable scenes from P&P) and “Knit your own Dog” (self explanatory, hopefully), respectively, FYI.

Looking forward to meeting others in the forum :flustered:

I love that you knit [emoji16] I crochet all the time and get told that's what old ladies do but I love it. Welcome to the community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Merida said:

Haha, thank you! My knits don't always turn out quite how I hope, but it's very therapeutic!

Can I talk about the knitting coloring book I almost picked up yesterday?? Ok good, glad I got that off my chest. (Color all the stitches!)

Welcome to the boards! Sounds like you have a solid plan :) So far as getting too sucked into the challenges, I've found that if you need to bow out for a bit, no one will mind ;) And yes, the folks around here are the best kind, chill, non judgmental, super supportive, and mega nerdy. And hey yo, some people only do battle logs and that's perfect too! Whatever helps you with what you need is the right thing for you. 

• Like 1

Hi 

Welcome to the rebellion.

You seem to have an adventurous past .

Good luck with much much more.

• Like 1

If you want something, go get it. Period 

Epic Quest                                     Intro post                                    Duolingo

On 9/12/2016 at 7:06 AM, Merida said:

Past adventures: Runner, newbie lifter, erratic yogini, ex-martial arts student (karate and muay thai), hockey player (field), horsewoman, fair weather skier.

Welcome aboard.  Sounds like you would fit in quite well with the Rangers where we DO ALL THE THINGS LOL

• Like 1

B'ker Level 1 Half-elf Ranger  STR: 3  DEX: 3  CON: 3  INT: 3  WIS: 2  CHA: 2

Bker Survives December Challenge Tracking Spreadsheet

Walking to Mordor (2019) Spreadsheet

MyFitnessPal | FitBit | Instagram

Walking to Mordor 1879.44 miles/1779 miles

Mini Challenge:  Week 1:  | Week 2:  | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 |