Forums are back in action! ×

Weight Loss PVP: 10/12 lbs in 10/12 Weeks! [Mar 22 - June 7]

The frustrating weight stall continues to two weeks, but the waist measurement is down...possibly only because I remembered to measure before breakfast. I'll take it. So far it looks like there is some muscle under the upper body fluff (upper back shapes yay!). Under the lower body fluff is.... even moar fluff. This is fine. It was expected.

• Like 3

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

You can absorb me! - Harriet the Contextless Guru

Weighed in at 76kg again today, so no change. I'm very happy with that cos I was worried last week was a fluke. I've also been eating a bit more this week. I'm starting to feel happier with my body so the urgency to lose weight seems to be waning a bit. I said at the beginning really I'm only aiming for 3kg loss throughout the 10 weeks, but I'll take more if it comes!

Been taking progress pictures and it is very interesting how the weight comes off different places at different times. Took my fortnightly pics today and my legs and arms have been really slimming down recently.

On 4/9/2021 at 3:43 PM, Tateman said:

Looks like I am stalling out this week. Expected though. I really need to focus on getting my walks in ;)

My 5 week challenge is all about walking and I really think it's giving my weightloss a boost :) You got this!

• Like 4

Keladris the Bard
Current XP: 130
Current Challenge: Rebuilding
---------------------------------------------------------
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 252.6 (down 3.8)

I was feeling frustrated early in the week and determined to chain as many rockstar days together as I could.  It paid off!  I didn't deprive myself necessarily, except of exceptions and excuses.   Weight is weird.  I'm sure it will slow or stall soon enough but I'll ride the wave while I can.  

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

18 minutes ago, Shello said:

Week 0: 255.5

Week 1: 257.2

Week 2: 256.4 (down 0.8)

Week 3: 252.6 (down 3.8)

I was feeling frustrated early in the week and determined to chain as many rockstar days together as I could.  It paid off!  I didn't deprive myself necessarily, except of exceptions and excuses.   Weight is weird.  I'm sure it will slow or stall soon enough but I'll ride the wave while I can.  

Nice. Can you send me some of those woosh vibes?

• Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the Viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the Artist

5 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Nice. Can you send me some of those woosh vibes?

Find & Share on GIPHY

Sent! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Coming in this week at 159lb 15oz (and hitting that under 160 mark 2 days in a row now, first time back under 160 since feb)

• Like 3
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Up a pound. Weight loss is impossible.  ?

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

4 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Up a pound. Weight loss is impossible.  ?

Sorry you are struggling.

I've felt that way this week too.

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Same as last week. I guess that's pretty good considering that there was Easter candy and goodies around. Still, feeling kind of frustrated. Feeling like if I'm not hitting it at 100% , then I'm at maintenance. Even though I ate treats, I did track, and was eating at a deficit. Then went off track for the weekend. Feeling like I just don't have the willpower. I don't have that much to lose, but right now that seems to flip me more into a mindset of why bother than motivate me. I've lost not quite two pounds since we started this challenge.Which seems so slow, but I guess it's at least somewhat of progress.

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Same as last week. I guess that's pretty good considering that there was Easter candy and goodies around. Still, feeling kind of frustrated. Feeling like if I'm not hitting it at 100% , then I'm at maintenance. Even though I ate treats, I did track, and was eating at a deficit. Then went off track for the weekend. Feeling like I just don't have the willpower. I don't have that much to lose, but right now that seems to flip me more into a mindset of why bother than motivate me. I've lost not quite two pounds since we started this challenge.Which seems so slow, but I guess it's at least somewhat of progress.

I feel you on the less to lose = less motivation thing. Just ate two servings of pasta with white wine...

• Like 3

Keladris the Bard
Previous challenges: Respawn Limbering up | Going Forth | Lifting the thing | Exploring | Staying the course | Stabilising | Preparing | Counting WinsRolling Initiative | Catching up | Building Base Camp

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Same as last week. I guess that's pretty good considering that there was Easter candy and goodies around. Still, feeling kind of frustrated. Feeling like if I'm not hitting it at 100% , then I'm at maintenance.

How much space have you got between maintenance and your goal?

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I've lost not quite two pounds since we started this challenge.Which seems so slow, but I guess it's at least somewhat of progress.

Do you mean since two weeks ago, or since the last round 14 weeks ago?

14 hours ago, Shello said:

Find & Share on GIPHY

Sent! 

Oh my goddess it worked! 1.1kg down overnight, but now my head hurts. ? Time to drink some water.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Harriet said:

How much space have you got between maintenance and your goal?

300- 400 calories, I think. Maintenance is about 1,500, but if I walk and exercise  that about  1,8000 to 1,900. On weekends it's tough, as I don't work out, and I may not walk. I don't really try and eat in a deficit on the weekend though. I tried the 500 calories for deficit, and I was just too hungry

Do you mean since two weeks ago, or since the last round 14 weeks ago?

Two weeks ago. On March 22, I weighed 1.8 pounds more.  The last round 14 weeks ago I weighed 4 pounds more. So, trending in the right direction, but it seems super slow and hard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

300- 400 calories, I think. Maintenance is about 1,500, but if I walk and exercise  that about  1,8000 to 1,900. On weekends it's tough, as I don't work out, and I may not walk. I don't really try and eat in a deficit on the weekend though. I tried the 500 calories for deficit, and I was just too hungry

Ah, okay. With a maintenance of 1500, 500 calories would be 33%, whereas for me it's only 25%. So I can see why you would be too hungry. The ordinary "just cut 500 cal" advice doesn't really take that into account.

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Two weeks ago. On March 22, I weighed 1.8 pounds more.  The last round 14 weeks ago I weighed 4 pounds more. So, trending in the right direction, but it seems super slow and hard.

Two pounds in two weeks is fine, but 4 pounds in fourteen weeks is indeed slow. Ah well. Slow is better than nothing, and considerably better than gaining more delicious pandemic fluff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ah, okay. With a maintenance of 1500, 500 calories would be 33%, whereas for me it's only 25%. So I can see why you would be too hungry. The ordinary "just cut 500 cal" advice doesn't really take that into account.

Two pounds in two weeks is fine, but 4 pounds in fourteen weeks is indeed slow. Ah well. Slow is better than nothing, and considerably better than gaining more delicious pandemic fluff.

Yeah, I'm fine with the two pounds in 4 weeks, but I just start to get all angsty that I'm going to screw it up, and my progress will halt. It's fairly easy to start, but it's hard to keep going longer term.  Now that it is sunny, I have more energy, and can get more outdoor movement in and that helps. And I am going in the right direction. 

• Like 4

After a week and a half of googling "plateau" and "woosh" I have lost 1.6kg in two days. Strange and hopefully not a mirage. If it was water, where was it hiding? Why did it come out now?

GIF by Drunk History

• Like 5

After a week and a half of googling "plateau" and "woosh" I have lost 1.6kg in two days. Strange and hopefully not a mirage. If it was water, where was it hiding? Why did it come out now?

GIF by Drunk History

Honestly this whole journey really is teaching me weight loss trajectories are anything but linear! Seems like you just gotta have the determination to be consistent and the paitience to wait long term for the results.

• Like 3
  • That's Metal 1

Keladris the Bard

5 hours ago, Keladris said:

Honestly this whole journey really is teaching me weight loss trajectories are anything but linear! Seems like you just gotta have the determination to be consistent and the paitience to wait long term for the results.

Definitely. I was really frustrated when I gained, then stalled. I believed theoretically that my deficit would still cause me to lose, but now I am rewarded with the proof. This will tide me over next time there's a frustrating setback.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2021 at 8:54 PM, Fairly_Bouncer said:

Still at 281 after a not so great week of eating. Working on batch cooking this week, as I look forward to moving this weekend (sugar cravings have kicked up as I realized my to do list)

Good luck on the move.  It's always difficult to eat right during a move.  

On 4/13/2021 at 10:26 PM, Elastigirl said:

Slow progress is frustrating but in general more indicative of loss that will stick.  

• Like 3

On 4/9/2021 at 6:15 AM, Xena said:

What's the ring fit? Is that something electronic or are you talking about an actual piece of jewelery (getting married?)

Just remembered I never answered, it's a game for the Nintendo Switch that uses a pilates ring. 

I personally found the uphill not so fun routine of Beginners Workout, figured I could get myself to do exercises I would otherwise avoid. 

I think I've found only one exercise that had me go "really this is the next level". But still see how its helping with my level. 

• Like 2

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

1 hour ago, Shello said:

Good luck on the move.  It's always difficult to eat right during a move.  

Have been astonished how off the path I've gone. Going back to tracking for a bit while I figure out what does work. 

So looking forward to living with someone that had a similar work and sleep schedule as me. Curious on how having a regular sleep schedule for once will help me in the long run. 

• Like 2

"Operation Bad*ss" Starts 9/1/2024

Quest 1: Level up Basecamp

I've been reading along here and there,  don't worry about slow progress everyone ❤️  We're facing some mighty opponents. Wish I were more supportive like last pvp but, on the bright side, I finally seem to losing weight somewhat consistently? Last I weighed in I was 67,5, been a while since I got under 68 kg. Also, although I don't find a "thigh gap" something worth aspiring to or whatever, I have one when I am at a weight where I feel all comfortable doing things & it seems to be showing again. Woohoo.

• Like 5

Level ☆ human [uncategorizable]
STR 2 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | STA 3 | WIS 6 | CHA 6