Forums are back in action! ×

2024, January 1- March 18: Weight Loss PVP: 10 or 12 lbs in 10 or 12 Weeks!

11 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

This popped up on Instagram today and I thought you’d all enjoy it. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1AQbO-oTu_/?igsh=MXdnNDA4cGVwdzJo

I definitely have the thing he mentions part way through of gaining weight after hard training because my body is retaining water.

Bodies are weird. It's basically the official slogan of these threads at this point :)

• Like 2

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

4 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I definitely have the thing he mentions part way through of gaining weight after hard training because my body is retaining water.

it’s nice to have some reassurance though, right?

4 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Bodies are weird. It's basically the official slogan of these threads at this point :)

It definitely is! ? it makes me so happy!!

• Like 2

December damage assessment, and starting point:

05/01: 95.90 kg / 211.4 lbs

Upper range of what I found acceptable (anything under 96 was going to be ok in my mind), but this is a respawn, and the first few kilos should be relatively easy.

12 pounds in 11 remaining weeks would actually put me under 200 lbs again. That's a nice goal to aim for!

And even with the 3.7 kgs I gained since November, I'm still at a loss of 6.3 kg (13.9 lbs) in 2023. ?

• Like 6

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII

12-31:  218.7 lbs  (start)

01-07:  218.5 lbs  (-0.2)

Just a slight loss this week, and I'm totally pleased with that result.  For one, it means that last week's big drop wasn't a fluke.  For two, it means that I'm continuing in the right direction to start the new year.  For three, it affirms my numbers:

SXASqQ8.jpg

I've been tracking my actual TDEE with weekly and running-average activity factors extrapolated from my calculated BMR (Mifflin-St Jeor equation).  The gist is that the calorie math(s) should predict my weekly gains/losses based on how much I'm eating and burning; and as you can see this week actually lined up pretty well.  The predicted activity factor is roughly what most of the online TDEE calculators seem to use for their "3 days per week" exercise level, and I've generally been exceeding that--it just so happens that I missed a workout this week.  The fact that I got 2/3 of the predicted result is just a coincidence.  :lol:

Most weeks last year (since respawning) my 4-week running-average was above 1.4, and it probably will be for the remainder of this year.  As long as I hit my workouts and keep my eating close to BMR I should be able to burn at the rate I'm targeting and sustain that until I reach my goal.  If I see a trend indicating metabolic adaptation in the numbers then that will be my sign to ease up on the deficits and reverse-diet for a while to stoke the furnace.

I'm not in any rush; this is a nice long year and it's only just begun.  B)

• Like 6

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

1/1: 174.1

1/8: 173.6

Down half a pound.  I'm pretty happy with that, assuming I can maintain that rate.  Given that I have changed nothing about how I'm eating beyond ensuring I have fruit or veggies every time I eat, I am very pleased with the result.

• Like 5

Wood Elf Waywatcher Mandalorian (Assassin/Ranger hybrid)

01/01 - 154.8

01/08 - 153.3

01/15

01/22

01/29

02/05

02/12

02/19

02/26

03/04

03/11

03/18

Been doing better. Still need to work on portion control and eating slower. Carb cycling is showing lots of progress in the Man - all our friends we haven't seen in a month commented on how much he's slimmed down. I'm not seeing the physical changes (or huge scale changes like he is) but I'm noticing a difference in my training, energy, sleep, and skin. Especially my heart rate. RHR has dropped from mid/upper 60s to low low 60s. Just 2 years ago, I was in the upper 70s and occasional 80s for HRH so I'm very happy to see I'm doing something right. I know the scale/clothes/mirror changes will come in time so long as I'm consistent.

Switching up workouts since I'm getting my money back on the awful running app I was doing (promo - run 26.2 miles during the initial subscription, get your money back). My other app is only 6 weeks long and, as of yesterday, I have 16 weeks until the race. For the next couple weeks, I'll focus on increasing mileage slowly back up to my 5k and then start incorporating the 10k training slowly, like doing week 1 twice before moving on to week 2 and repeating that process. I've got some time to figure things out. Peloton arrives Thursday this week so I'll have another avenue for cross training. Currently I have a rowing machine, kettlebell, resistance bands, and my bodyweight to utilize. It'll be nice to have something different to change things up with.

Onward!

• Like 5

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

Starting Weight: 265.1

W1 Jan 8: 264.1 (-1.0)

Right on the nose.  I was up and down all week.  Landing right on 1 pound seems appropriate.   Solid start. 

• Like 5

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

8 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

This is awesome progress

I knew my RHR was not ideal, but seeing how easily it drops when I eat right and work out consistently, it really inspires me to keep it up and continue improving myself. It's a health metric that is fairly easy for me to monitor/understand and know if I'm doing right by my body or not. Especially given labs are not always in the cards with my time and budget.

• Like 4

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better than you were before. Do that every day and you will succeed.

01/01: ---

01/08: 272.2 (start)

First: my entry in the spreadsheet looks weird and I don't know what I did differently this time. It's in the cells for current weight and weight lost. Can some Excel savvy human let me know how to fix it, please? 

Second: I did have a weigh in last week of this exact number, but it was under less controlled circumstances (mid day after food and coffee, etc), so I didn't record it. I am taking it as a good sign though that this past week of barely moving and eating randomly because I've been on holiday with Dave hadn't messed me up too badly. I'm looking forward to getting back to my routine though. Hopefully a modest loss for next week!

• Like 6

Past Challenges: #1, #2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16

Current Challenge: #17

“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 minutes ago, Sovalis said:

01/01: ---

01/08: 272.2 (start)

First: my entry in the spreadsheet looks weird and I don't know what I did differently this time. It's in the cells for current weight and weight lost. Can some Excel savvy human let me know how to fix it, please? 

You need to enter your start weight in the "start weight" column. I entered in 272.2 as your starting point so it won't look weird.  I did the same thing! :D 

• Thanks 1

Starting Weight 229

01/01- 229

01/08- 225.5

Back to a healthy diet and exercise this week and drinking more water. I added 150 calories a day to my total calorie count this week so I'm sitting around 1650 now.  This is good for me.  Eating under 1500 calories consistently was too hard.  I'm also keeping an exercise journal with a cute punny planner that has small spaces so it's really perfect for single-minded records. I like having a physical log to write it down in. It feels good to be exercising consistently again.  

I really want to move past dancing between 223 and 229.  I'm ready to break through 220 and keep going forward. So I'm happy with today's number, but I'm also feeling impatient and easily frustrated.  But it's not just about getting a smaller weight, it's about being healthy and strong, so I need to take a step back and just do something physical today for fun and celebrate that. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Starting Weight 229

01/01- 229

01/08- 225.5

Back to a healthy diet and exercise this week and drinking more water. I added 150 calories a day to my total calorie count this week so I'm sitting around 1650 now.  This is good for me.  Eating under 1500 calories consistently was too hard.

That's what happened with me last challenge, I think--going below 1800 was too much.  Staying in the mid 1800s is much easier--amazing what a difference just 50-100 calories a day can make when you're riding the margin.

Also, I notice that you've closed the gap I widened last week.  I'm both happy for you and not so happy...

c9Wn2Lpm.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

01/01/2024 174.4

08/01/2024 172.0

My first weigh-in was a big spike from previous days and weeks, so I'm not going to get too excited about a 2lb drop, but it's a good start to the year :)

I really need to work on some strategies to keep to my calorie target though; I feel like I'm on a knife edge trying to meet my current calorie target with my current eating habits. It's doable, but there's no margin for error.

• Like 5

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Jarric: The 'C' Team

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

On 1/7/2024 at 9:28 AM, DrFeelgood said:

SXASqQ8.jpg

not a true weight update but @DrFeelgood inspired me to put a little more time into my own expected loss vs actual sheet. It's still very much a work in progress. Unfortunately, my numbers don't tie out anywhere near as well as his do.

CleanShot2024-01-09at17_16.07@2x.png.239c43a2e50813017be0acca1e5f1f33.png

I have no idea which knobs to turn and switches to flip to pull my reality into tighter alignment with projection

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Most Loathed said:

Unfortunately, my numbers don't tie out anywhere near as well as his do.

In fairness that was just one week so far this year.  Last year's looked like this:

1vf4MpO.jpg

All over the place.  :lol:

12 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

not a true weight update but @DrFeelgood inspired me to put a little more time into my own expected loss vs actual sheet. It's still very much a work in progress. Unfortunately, my numbers don't tie out anywhere near as well as his do.

CleanShot2024-01-09at17_16.07@2x.png.239c43a2e50813017be0acca1e5f1f33.png

I have no idea which knobs to turn and switches to flip to pull my reality into tighter alignment with projection

Whoa spreadsheet! I'm not sure what the problem is? Are you talking results or the spreadsheet itself? Because your results are awesome. Is it the spreadsheet? I really need to become more fluent in Spreadsheet. 

12 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

All over the place.  :lol:

That is honestly reassuring

1 hour ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Whoa spreadsheet! I'm not sure what the problem is? Are you talking results or the spreadsheet itself? Because your results are awesome. Is it the spreadsheet? I really need to become more fluent in Spreadsheet. 

This is a little more than a spreadsheet now. I'm manually adding result from Whoop and MFP to a Google Sheet but then I'm feeding that sheet into Tableau Public. It makes it so I can make charts like this.

Spoiler

CleanShot2024-01-10at07_39.59@2x.png.81801931cd8028d08932dfb695332be6.png

This is deep nerd stuff and I wouldn't necessarily plan to learn this unless you work in data. If you do, happy to help get you started. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, The Most Loathed said:

This is deep nerd stuff and I wouldn't necessarily plan to learn this unless you work in data. If you do, happy to help get you started. 

I work in data and use Tableau and BigQuery on a daily basis, and even *I*'m going "nope" when I see that... ?

• Like 1

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII