Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

5b1a60a0e45cd61b519faba2a14a0d16.jpg?iw=

My mantra for the day. I need a miracle. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Litany Against Fear

"I Must Not Fear
Fear Is The Mind Killer

I Will Face My Fear
I Will Permit It To Pass Through Me
When The Fear Is Gone There Will Be Nothing"

Only I Will Remain

-Frank Herbert  (Dune)

And since you are all nerds here is the original/full version

"I must not fear.    

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.  

I will face my fear.   

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.    

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.   

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"

-Frank Herbert  (Dune)

From reddit: What is a single piece of advice you've either received or discovered (from any source) that you've had the greatest amount of success with? http://www.reddit.com/r/ZenHabits/comments/2d4y6l/what_is_a_single_piece_of_advice_youve_either/

"Bettermentflux:What would -slightly- more awesome (insert my name) do right now?"

I frequently ask myself "What would -slightly- more awesome (insert my name) do right now?" Then I do that thing.

It works for me because I almost always know the answer, it's low pressure, focused on the present, and it's got a built in next-step.

Example: What would slightly awesomer version of me do right now? He'd get off the couch/do that thing he's been putting off/do 10 more reps/phone his mother/read a book/whatever...)

Why low pressure? Perfect me would already have all his homework done. But slightly better version of me only has to put the video game down now and do this one assignment.

The tactic creates long term positive consequences and next steps that become clear over time.

Don't worry about quitting smoking forever. Ask yourself if slightly awesomer (insert your name) would smoke this cigarette or if slightly awesomer (insert your name) would summon the courage to ask that hottie out on a date.

Keep asking yourself the question and three years later you discover that you're a non-smoker with a smoking [hot] girlfriend and you're wondering what slightly more awesome you would do next.

(Hint: He'd sign off of reddit and go for a Sunday walk)."

The whole text kinda flows nicely. Liked it a lot. The 'non-smoker with a smoking girlfriend' part makes no sense to me though. It might be a typo. Edit: Ah. Thanks, Jitters, added that.

• Like 2

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

The whole text kinda flows nicely. Liked it a lot. The 'non-smoker with a smoking girlfriend' part makes no sense to me though. It might be a typo.

Should be smoking hot girlfriend.  Shortened because it's the internet.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

"Crossing at a ford" means, for example, crossing the sea at a strait, or crossing over a hundred miles of broad sea at a crossing place. I believe this "crossing at a ford" occurs often in a man's lifetime. . It means setting sail even though you friends stay in harbour, knowing the route, knowing the soundness of your ship and the favour of the day. When all the conditions are meet, and there is perhaps a favourable wind, or a tailwind, then set sail. If the wind changes within a few miles of your destination, you must row across the remaining distance without sail. If you attain this spirit, it applies to everyday life. You must always think of crossing at a ford."

- Miyamoto Musashi

A Book of Five Rings

And:

tumblr_mz7dsbIj2X1s2d2zvo1_500.jpg

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

"Cause once the bar is loaded and your set comes around, you find this place that I really can’t explain. From the time you approach the bar to the time the set is over, there’s nothing.

The fight you had with your girlfriend that day? Gone.
Your finals? Gone.
Your work issues? Gone.
Your bills? Gone.
The asshole across the gym? Gone.
The bullies? Gone.
The hurt? Gone.

The mental pain is now replaced with physical pain, but this is pain that you crave, because the load you’ve been carrying all your life in now resting on your back – and you have the power to smash it."  

-Dave tate

• Like 1

Jon Kabat-Zinn: “Until you stop breathing, there’s more right with you than wrong with you.â€

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison

I some my Dad used repeatedly:

The difficult we do immediately.  The impossible takes a little longer.

Yesterday we did the possible, today the impossible.  If you want miracles, come back tomorrow.

Defecate or get off the pot (well, he didn't say defecate, but you get the idea)
  • Like 2

"There is one thing you never put in a trap. If you are smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans of seeing tomorrow. there is one thing you never ever put in a trap... ME"

There is one rule, above all others, ... Whatever comes, face it on your feet.

Robert Jordan, The Great Hunt

Lvl 2 Half-Elf Ranger

STR:4 | DEX:2.5 | STA:5 | CON:3 | WIS:5 | CHA:3

Daily Grind

Story of a Ranger: 1st chapter, 2nd chapter, 3rd chapter, 4th chapter

What I wanted to share was those

I found those to be an excellent snapshots of deep topics.

What I am struggling with is: how do I apply them to my daily life?

Vulnerability, not blaming?

Even on the replies here on NF I seem not to find helpful things to say.

But I would like to help people.

Bah, couldn't embed youtube videos - there's the embed and stuff,

and I tried copypasting it to different things in the text editor icons

but it shows only some weird things that are not working.

Seems like you just paste the generic video url and it shows just fine.

Well, that's one thing learned.

• Like 1

"Here at Globo Gym we understand that ugliness and fatness are genetic disorders, much like baldness or necrophilia, and it's only your fault if you don't hate yourself enough to do something about it."

-White Goodman

"You can't avoid danger
So go ahead and try.
No matter your actions,
You're still going to die."

-Death

"Enemy - Show me what you wanna be
I can handle anything
Even if I can't handle you
"

-Slipknot (sic)

“Through the years, I have combined meditation, action, and the Iron into a single strength. I believe that when the body is strong, the mind thinks strong thoughts. Time spent away from the Iron makes my mind degenerate. I wallow in a thick depression. My body shuts down my mind.â€

–Henry Rollins

“When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no ‘I’ll start tomorrow.’ Tomorrow is disease.â€

– V.L. Allinear

“When health is absent, wisdom cannot reveal itself, art cannot become manifest, strength cannot be exerted, wealth is useless, and reason is powerless.â€

– Herophiles

“To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is born out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong menâ€.

– Fred Hatfield

"Get rid of all the excess in life. The more you own, the more that owns you. Strip yourself of all the things, of all the fat and leave nothing but brain, muscle and cock. That's life."

- Jim Wendler

• Like 3

Saw this etched into the matrix of a vinyl record many years ago: "Remember how long you'll be dead."

First2letters, in a reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1c9isx/what_is_the_best_motivational_quote_or_speech_you/

As a suicidal person, that hits home a lot.

Your Authentic Voice, somewhere in there, knows all about you.

In contrast to the black-and-white simplicity of the Social Survival Mammoth,

your Authentic Voice is complex, sometimes hazy, constantly evolving, and unafraid.

Your AV has its own, nuanced moral code, formed by experience, reflection,

and its own personal take on compassion and integrity.

It knows how you feel deep down about things like money and family and marriage,

and it knows which kinds of people, topics of interest,

and types of activities you truly enjoy, and which you don’t.

Your AV knows that it doesn’t know how your life will or should play out,

but it tends to have a strong hunch about the right step to take next.

http://waitbutwhy.com/2014/06/taming-mammoth-let-peoples-opinions-run-life.html