Forums are back in action! ×

Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

A quote I've lived by for the past five years, my dad told me as I got in the car to leave for my first year of university: "Anything worth doing is going to be hard."

Ya, but damn... Why does it have to be exponentially harder...

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Some from today's Daily Inspiration (I try to inspire myself everyday :) )

"Dream big and dare to fail" 

-Norman Vaughan

"It is not the length of life, but the depth" 

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and break up pleasant relations. it is a thorn that irritates and hurts, it is a sword that kills" 

-Buddha

"What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible."

-Theodore Roethke

"We relish news of our heroes, forgetting that we are extraordinary to somebody too."

-Helen Hayes
  • Like 3

level 21 magic cat druid, doodlie for life

sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something

past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Current

(old) Battle LogBattle Log

"The Fates lead him who will, him who won't they drag." (Seneca)

I personally see this as an early form of telling me to follow my bliss instead of fighting and going on a path I'm not meant to follow. By not following my bliss I got out of shape, my brain started losing its sharp edge, etc. By getting back on the path and 'not fighting the Fates' things have gone oh, so much better!

My all-time favorite?

"Do - or do not. There is no Try!" (good ol' Yoda!)

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

"Years of love have been forgot,

in the hatred of a minute."

- Edgar Allan Poe

• Like 6

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

.. just found an old mail with Gemmel quotes :) ...

“Nothing of real worth can ever be bought. Love, friendship, honour, valour, respect. All these things have to be earned.â€

― Shield of Thunder

“... Life can be savored only if you look to the future and leave vengeance to the gods†

― Fall of Kings

“Why now? Why not? Live or die, a man and a woman need love. There is a need in the race. We need to share. To belong. Perhaps you will die before the year is out. But remember this: to have may be taken from you, to have had never. Far better to have tasted love before dying, than to die alone.†

― Legend

“We cannot hide behind high walls, our hearts trembling. For that is not life. We must accept the needs and the duties of each day, and face them one at a time.†

― Lord of the Silver Bow

• Like 4

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen." (I don't know who)

"Call a jack a jack. Call a spade a spade. But always call a whore a lady.

Their lives are hard enough and it never hurts to be polite."

Kvothe's dad, The Name of The Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss

• Like 5

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

On the importance of planning ahead for four future and also not wasting time if you didn't:

The best day to plant a tree was 20 years ago....the second best time is now.

It's a chinese proverb that cracks me up and makes me not want to be shadeless in summer 20 years from now cause I didn't plant the stupid tree..... :nevreness:

Edit: I forgot I had it in my siggy - well I guess I didn't lie when I said I liked it. Lol.

• Like 1

1st  -  2nd  -  3rd  -  4th  -  Current Challenge

Ninja Assassin

No one believes our excuses but us... so let's stop making them and go accomplish something!

"Be with someone who makes you happy."

• Like 4

I totally do not have several pages of Inspirational Quotes on a word doc nope

There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House

“What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.†– CS Lewis 

“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.†– Helen Keller

You travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself.†– Ella Maillart

“No matter where you go, there you are.†– Buckaroo Banzi

â€Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of men, instead, seek what they sought.†— Matsuo Basho

“Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure.† â€” Eleanor Roosevelt

“All you need to know is that it’s possible.†  — Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker

“The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.†  — William Jones

“Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.†— Dylan Thomas

“I am an incurable romantic. I believe in hope, dreams and decency, love tenderness and kindness. I believe in mankind.†— Leonard Nimoy

"You may only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough." - Mae West

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.†- Unknown

And, I think that's enough. :P

• Like 2

Panda  

Hobbit | Drifter | Level 3

STR 6 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 2

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Training | Challenge 1 2 3 4 | Epic Quest

“I shall pass through this world but once. If, therefore, there be any kindness I can show, or any good things I can do, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.â€

• Like 4

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I totally do not have several pages of Inspirational Quotes on a word doc nope

No, me neither.  

“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.†- Unknown

This is Gandalf from Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R Tolkien:

“I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.â€

• Like 2

"Informed enthusiastic consent" beautiful words! :love_heart:

"Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you."

Wally 'Famous' Amos (1936 - )

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

"Think like a machine, not an emotional wreck who needs permission and approval and happy feelings at all times in order to be consistent."

"Bad genetics may somewhat "load the gun" but you don't have to pull the trigger and reload twice."

"You are not your family. Nor are you locked in to your genetic predisposition. You can choose differently. You can transform your body and your appetite by consistently making better choices."

"Self-improvement never begins with whining, complaining or feeling sorry for yourself. Accept responsibility. You caused this and only you can fix it. Take action. Get shit done."

• Like 1

The secret of getting ahead in getting started 

- Mark Twain 

Of course, there's also another quote I love: 

Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday you said tomorrow SO JUST DO IT. MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!! 

- Shia Labeouf

Saved that and going to print it to add to the wall.

e071e6c12e852dbc27890ad70836ab22.jpg

• Like 6