Forums are back in action! ×

Hello Everyone,

My name is Bryan and I am just getting started with Nerd Fitness. I love all things Star Wars and Marvel. I use to be a big gamer but don't play as much as I used to or would like (it is mainly because my wife will not let me buy a PS4). I used to play WoW a lot also. I used to be in decent shape back when I was in the military, but since getting out in 2005, I have gained a lot of weight. I also started working in a dispatch center two years ago and I have gained weight from sitting around for 12 hours a day and doing nothing but eating fast food. So anyways, I have been hemming and hawing about joining Nerd Fitness for a few months and finally took the plunge. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and learning from you all.

Shoob - Level 1 - Rebel

0%
0%

0 of 80 lbs lost

Character Sheet

Hi Shoob! MAAAAAAARVELLLL!!!!! Yeas.

Welcome welcome, I'm new too! I never really saw myself getting involved with a group like this, but so far everyone here has been awesome and welcoming and I don't feel out of place... except when I lay down something that seems like advise. Not sure I'm qualified for that.

I'm an Xbox girl primarily, tho the wii has been fun for some movement stuff too. Haven't had as much luck with the kinex, the recognition isn't really spot on, tho some of those movement games have kicked my butt anyway. TBH I'd rather be hiking topped off with some solid minecraft. (Redstone deposits make me happy...)

It's been great motivation to share my goals and be accountable... I just joined last week and already lifted for the first time yesterday! 

Good luck with the journey and keep us posted!

• Like 1

Hi Meredith,

I use to have a Wii but would get annoyed with Wii Fit when I would step on the scale and it would say "Thats Obese" and make my Mii swell up to look like Violet Beauregard LOL. I do play Minecraft some, but I'm a newbie and have no clue what I'm doing. Great job on lifting yesterday!

• Like 1

Shoob - Level 1 - Rebel

0%
0%

0 of 80 lbs lost

Character Sheet

Hi Meredith,

I use to have a Wii but would get annoyed with Wii Fit when I would step on the scale and it would say "Thats Obese" and make my Mii swell up to look like Violet Beauregard LOL. I do play Minecraft some, but I'm a newbie and have no clue what I'm doing. Great job on lifting yesterday!

Yeah, I tried the wii fit at a friends house and was like, nope! But I like the sports and dancing games, there's one on xbox that shows you a video compilation of you doing your dance... it's wildly horrifyingly funny! When I started minecraft I probably watched a bazillion video tutorials that first week lol, now I'm hooked!

Thanks! I did the complete 5X5 strong lifts last week, and psyched to do week 2 at the next gym I'm trying out. They're even giving me a PT session before I join so hopefully I'll be able to clean up my form some.

How's your week been?