Forums are back in action! ×

Battle Kitten: Ascension

Nuuuuu. That's terrible. I'm sorry you have even more nonsense to deal with. I hope she's wrong! 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

I hope she is too! I wanna play in the mud, dammit.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Goddamn injuries. I'll cross all my fingers for you so you can do the Spartan! If it makes you feel any better I think I strained something today - I squatted down to put clothes in the drier, being careful not to bend my back and mess that up. Messed up my leg instead lol. 

Hopefully once you get this batch of medical issues out of the way you can work on getting more injury-proof! I feel like GMB is good for that kind of thing - getting better at doing everyday things with ease. I should probably start paying for GMB lol. Good work on the water and alarms, every bit helps :) 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, fleaball said:

I hope she is too! I wanna play in the mud, dammit.

To be fair, even if it is a rotator cuff issue, you can still play in the mud. Yeah there will be some obstacles you won't be able to do, but there are a lot this won't impact! Plus, we are doing this as a team for a reason - we'll be there to help when you need (also, NTB is the smallest, we'll just make her do the obstacles again for you :mushroom:)

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Plus, we are doing this as a team for a reason - we'll be there to help when you need (also, NTB is the smallest, we'll just make her do the obstacles again for you :mushroom:)

Deal. 

• Like 4

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

8 hours ago, Owlet said:

Oh man, sorry to hear that! Goddamn injuries. I'll cross all my fingers for you so you can do the Spartan! If it makes you feel any better I think I strained something today - I squatted down to put clothes in the drier, being careful not to bend my back and mess that up. Messed up my leg instead lol. 

Hopefully once you get this batch of medical issues out of the way you can work on getting more injury-proof! I feel like GMB is good for that kind of thing - getting better at doing everyday things with ease. I should probably start paying for GMB lol. Good work on the water and alarms, every bit helps :) 

Yeah that's my hope for GMB too. What obnoxious is that I was never this injury prone before. Sprained my ankle in 2001 and my wrist in 2009 and those are the worst things I've ever done. No major illnesses or injuries. And in the last 10 months or so I've just been collecting them like Pokemon. :( Sorry you hurt your leg. That's so obnoxious. 

5 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

To be fair, even if it is a rotator cuff issue, you can still play in the mud. Yeah there will be some obstacles you won't be able to do, but there are a lot this won't impact! Plus, we are doing this as a team for a reason - we'll be there to help when you need (also, NTB is the smallest, we'll just make her do the obstacles again for you :mushroom:)

I'm worried he'll also tell me I can't do burpees lol. In that case I'm fucked. 

So I'm sitting in Starbucks killing time before my appointment. Turn up the volume on my headphone bc I realize I can't hear the song that's playing. It's "Wait for It" and literally I turned it up right at "I am the one thing in life I can control." What the fuck. Pandora is sending me secret messages. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 minute ago, fleaball said:

I'm worried he'll also tell me I can't do burpees lol. In that case I'm fucked. 

So I'm sitting in Starbucks killing time before my appointment. Turn up the volume on my headphone bc I realize I can't hear the song that's playing. It's "Wait for It" and literally I turned it up right at "I am the one thing in life I can control." What the fuck. Pandora is sending me secret messages. 

Do not make me say we will do burpees for you. I guess we'll just have to make sure no one fails anything. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Do not make me say we will do burpees for you. I guess we'll just have to make sure no one fails anything. 

Hahahaha I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I miiiiight be able to do pushing exercises? It's like, pulling down and reaching behind me that hurts it the most. I'm in the room waiting for the guy now. We'll see what happens. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welp. This has been an epic waste of time and money. On the bright side, it should be better by the end of the month. Buuuuut no GMB, no push-ups. Cardio is okay. Swimming is possible but certain strokes might hurt more. I guess I'll get a new ankle brace bc I think the one I have is too big despite taking measurements for it. I might have to suck it up and start going to the pool just so I can do something, but that depends on whether I can find anything that comes in whale-sized. 

• Like 4

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'm glad that it's going to get better quickly! I'm sorry about GMB though! It sucks when you're excited to start something and things like this happen. 

• Like 1

Sorry to read all your trouble. If you go to the swimming pool, you can maybe try aqua-gym or water running. I found both very fun, and not as demanding as swimming. I remember there were many injured people there that managed pretty well.

• Like 2

Aww, that sucks. But only a couple of weeks and you'll be back to it again :)

• Like 1

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 18  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 11  -  SAN: 19  -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Get going!

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up

Will reply to posts later. at the restaurant with my roommate waiting on the advisor guy and other people to show up. Def just crushed a martini in like ten minutes. Gonna be hella awkward. Save me. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welp. Dinner was about as uncomfortable as expected but not quite as awkward, if that makes sense. Won't make midnight bedtime tonight because I'm waiting on the dryer to finish. Dinner went on foreverrrr so I got back much later than planned. Grr. 

So I googled the gynecologist's office to get the address for tomorrow, and found the yelp page for the doctor I'm seeing. She has 3.5 stars and while some of the complaints are about the office itself (front desk staff etc) there are definitely several saying this lady is conservative and slut shames and won't discuss birth control with unmarried women? That doesn't necessarily mean I'll have a bad experience, but I'm on edge anyway. :\

20 hours ago, zenLara said:

Sorry to read all your trouble. If you go to the swimming pool, you can maybe try aqua-gym or water running. I found both very fun, and not as demanding as swimming. I remember there were many injured people there that managed pretty well.

Yeah, I'll look into that and see if it's an option. 

5 hours ago, Owlet said:

buuu to injury! That sucks, hope it gets better asap! on the other hand, yay for people offering to do burpees for you - I mean where else would that happen but on NF?! Good luck with the pool. At least it would be less sweaty than running?

Hahaha true. Who does that? And omg no I sweat like a beast even in a pool. It's gross.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

You show that martini who's boss. Ugh to awkward scholarship dinner things. I do not miss those.

Your collecting of random injuries is not a good hobby. Maybe decorative spoons instead? I hope the shoulder heals up quickly and the hip/cyst thing is something minor that's easily and quickly sortable. Swimming is awesome for injured workouts - I know a couple people who used pools to rehab after surgeries.

The thing about the gynecologist being judgmental and slut-shaming is enraging. How are these people practicing medicine in 2016?? Their personal views can be whatever they want, but when your job is delivering reproductive health care to women, you can't selectively decide who gets treatment and who doesn't based on your personal value structure. Ugh. I hope your experience tomorrow is okay - maybe if you're just there for a non-birth control thing, it'll be all right. But dear god do not keep going to this person if you need more gynecological care.

• Like 3

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

She's supposed to be checking out the potential cyst and I was def going to ask about IUDs but I might skip that. We'll see what happens. One of the reviewers was a woman who was recently divorced and the doctor said she "felt uncomfortable" giving her BC because divorced people have more sex partners so this woman would have a higher risk of STIs? If they didn't charge a fee for cancelling with less than 24 hours' notice I'd've cancelled already. God help me if the intake form asks about sexual orientation.

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

For what it's worth, I have a non-hormonal IUD (Paragard is the brand name - it's copper only) and I love it. 98% effective, lasts for up to 10 years before needing replacement, and I can just live my life and totally ignore it and it does its thing. I had more painful and heavy periods for the first 2-3 months after it went in, and I had bad cramps for about a week after insertion, but it was completely worth it. 

And man, that line of reasoning about the divorced woman is not only enraging, it's totally illogical. Birth control might embolden you, so better withhold it to cultivate the purifying power of fear?? It's the same bullshit in this country with birth control for teens. Withholding birth control doesn't stop teen sex, it just gives the US the teenage pregnancy rate of a developing country.

Effective protections against STIs exist, and part of a gynecologist's job is to make sure people are informed about those methods and able to access them.  

RAGE!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21 ~ 22

7 hours ago, fleaball said:

She's supposed to be checking out the potential cyst and I was def going to ask about IUDs but I might skip that. We'll see what happens. One of the reviewers was a woman who was recently divorced and the doctor said she "felt uncomfortable" giving her BC because divorced people have more sex partners so this woman would have a higher risk of STIs? If they didn't charge a fee for cancelling with less than 24 hours' notice I'd've cancelled already. God help me if the intake form asks about sexual orientation.

Okay, rationale thought. Yelp reviews are only so accurate, because (in general) people are more likely to write a bad review than a good one - like if you are satisfied with service, then you're more likely to not write a review than someone who isn't. So there might be more to those stories than meets the eye.

If you were going to ask about an IUD, do it. there are more reasons to do so than just so you can go sleep with a bunch of guys without getting pregnant (there is a joke in here in regards to that whole statement and you, but I haven't had coffee yet). Get what you need from her, judge her as your doctor, and go from there in regards to whether you want to go back. 

• Like 4

^^ THIS. It's like looking someone up on ratemyprofessor. It's not really all that reliable and it just stresses you out beforehand! 

• Like 3

Sylvaa is totally right about the wisdom of taking the cautious logical approach, of course, but I don't regret finding that gif.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yeah I'm usually better at taking Yelp with a grain of salt. But PMS has arrived and it brought "OMG THE WORLD IS TERRIBLE" with it so that colored things. My priority is this possible cyst thing; I've gone 16 years now without birth control, another month won't kill me. 

@Severine that's good to hear! I definitely want something non-hormonal. I've seen plenty of people swear by IUDs but of course plenty of complaints as well so I keep waffling. 

@Sylvaa if that joke comes to you you should share. ;) I know where you're going, obv, but I'm curious. 

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

So the walls here are so thin I can hear every word of her conversation with the patient in the next room. I feel like that should be some kind of hipaa violation? Also I have to pee. Womp. 

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Welp. Didn't give me grief about the IUD but also didn't give me any answers. Like, "Well I probably won't even be able to get it in since you haven't had sex but we'll check your benefits and you can call us when you get your period." No risks, no side effects, no "why do you want this over another kind?" The entire appointment was under ten minutes. Not impressed. Ultrasound for the hip thing (which she doesn't think is a cyst) is on Monday bc that was the soonest they could do it but I'm not going back. 

Asked my roommate if she'd recommend her doc, she's like yeah my lady is awesome. Plot twist: it's the same person. 

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi