Forums are back in action! ×

The ultimate nerd fitness guy: Ki-force. My story from darkness to light

Hello Rebels. After following your rebellion for some time I've finally decided to join! My name is Davide Alfonsi and I'm a PT and YouTuber based in London. I have been a nerd for my whole life. Even though today I run my PT business and I am a total fitness freak I didn't forget the thousands of hours spent on manga, world of Warcraft and Tv series. That's why I'm willing to share my story with you.

Life hasn't always been easy for me.

I grew up in Italy in a countryside town. By the age of six I was already obese. I got bullied and suffered from severe depression. I had social issues, food issues and I would often lock myself in my room crying and thinking life was a nightmare. At the age of sixteen I finally decided to change my life and I stepped my first foot into the gym. I was really intimidated but the pain of always being the one others would make fun of was stronger than the fear of being around people. In one summer I lost more than five stones. I was spending my days training and learning about the human body. The more I was able to shape my body the more my hunger for knowledge was growing inside me. Most of my friends were astonished by my transformation. They were queueing to train with me and kept on asking me questions about nutrition or exercise.

My evolution pictures

https://www.facebook.com/Jaycutler89/media_set?set=a.1023065897147.2004241.1240218781&type=3

But something was still tormenting me.

Despite my new slim and fit look I was still a fat insecure boy deep inside. I had massive confidence issues and the reflection in the mirror was never good enough.

I decided to take a more drastic approach to improve my self confidence and I got a job as a Go-go dancer in a nightclub.  I would be dancing topless and covered in oil in front of a crowd of screaming girls. That was exciting and scary at the same time. It worked out for a bit but one day my manager started hiring more built guys and got rid of the “unfit” ones. I was one of them.

That felt like getting stabbed in the heart. I got back to depression and I promised myself than never again someone would tell me I'm wasn't good enough. I once again locked myself in my room and spent thousands of hours studying every possible strategy to build my body like a Greek statue.

I got a job in a supplement company where I got mentored by an ex bodybuilding world champion to further improve my knowledge.

By the age of 22 I finished my studies and had built an incredible body.  I decided to move to London and look for adventures.

Living in London was like a dream.

In less than a month I was working as stripper, fitness model and dancer in a celebrity night club. I soon got to live a rock’n’roll lifestyle that I believed possible only in movies. I would be partying with celebrities, get invited to exclusive villas in ibiza or going absolutely crazy at a fetish club.

I found myself dancing at Nelly’s table, having shots with Will I Am and Timbaland, hugging Aaron  Paul after he won his award for Breaking Bad or bumping into Ronaldo at the bar. I soon started using every sort of drug to keep up with my constant need for attention and validation. I was living between the highs of “the good life” and the lows of feeling lonely and sad. In those crazy times, training has always been my only escape from self destructive thoughts. In the gym I was present, powerful, focused. But once out, I would go back to the bad habits, slowly destroying my mind and my body.

If you play with fire, sooner or later, you get burnt.

One night the inevitable happened. It was the end of a party and I found myself fainting. A massive amount of blood started leaking from a wound deep down in my intestine. I remember waking up completely naked in a bathtub filled with the redness of my own blood. It was like a Crimson Lake. I got carried to the hospital where the doctors had to cut my belly in two and remove the inflamed part that was causing the bleeding. I was laying down in that hospital bed when something clicked inside my head. It was over. I felt an extreme need to dedicate my life to something meaningful.

Pics of my crazy times...

https://www.facebook.com/Jaycutler89/media_set?set=a.10206791119836818.1073741831.1240218781&type=3

The shift

As soon as I recovered I quit all my night jobs and isolated myself from all my friends. Nobody saw me or heard from me. I discovered mindfulness and started meditating. After the surgery I got left with no muscles and a little belly but instead of hating myself, this time I decided to challenge myself. In a few months I achieved the most amazing body Transformation and I felt rebirth. Soon after I started my career in fitness with the wish of helping people to achieve the same mental and physical transformation I have been through.

What's next?

After few years training clients of all sort I had the privilege of training Dan e Phil (the famous Youtubers ) and Olivier Roland (a public figure in France). They both have a very successful YouTube channel and pushed me to start my own. I wanted to merge my passion for fitness and the secret Nerd that is always hidden inside me. I came up with the idea of a very funny and provocative channel called Ki-force. This is one of my most popular videos about what's behind the fitness lifestyle.

I'm looking forward to posting my content on this forum and gather some creative idea from the Nerd Fitness community.

Obviously may the force be with you.

• Like 1

Welcome to NF @Ki-force  and thank you for your story. As difficult as it can be, I believe there is always a place for real talk about the dangers of over training, the effects of low self esteem, and of course chemical abuse. NF is an extremely supportive community and being able to be real with each other is one of our greatest assets. Salut!

I believe most people in their young age start lifting to look better and feel more confident, unless they're already playing a sport at a competitive level. Bodybuilding is quite addictive and in my case I managed to make of it my job since I couldn't see any other option. Thx for the support guys. Don't get me wrong as soon as my body changed I lived a crazy life that I would never even dreamed about. But took time and almost dying to realize that the body has to be treated with respect. So now instead of getting fucked at the club I train, go home and play hearthstone hahahaha