Forums are back in action! ×

» captain's log [shaar: v. battle log]

19 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I generally don't mind the ads as long as I get a decent amount of listening time between them. I do mind getting ads for steak and sports clips (they are sooo cringy!) and the baseball games. I don't care about that stuff! I use Pandora, and they have the whole thumbs up and down thing, but they have nothing like that for the stupid ads.

I started using google music, because I can upload my music to the cloud and then listen to it on my phone, without ads! (I don't use their radio thing)

Man one of my pet peeves was setting up for a deadlift or something, getting ready... aaaand suddenly my song ends and switches to an ad for Whole Foods or something.  WELP guess I'm waiting for the ad to run so I can get my music back (and hopefully my focus too) bleh. ; ;

Ooo, Google Cloud, clever!!~

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

One of my favorite things is to cut off my student's locks when they forget their combination - waiting for the custodian made me late for lunch once too often so I bought my own bolt cutter.

DANG

That's very Fury Road of you.  You'll be a big help in the impending apocalypse I'm sure!!

• Like 5

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

U P D A T E S !

One week and three stores later I HAVE A COMBINATION LOCK.  I finally broke down and went to Target, hooly dooly their lock selection is MIGHTY LARGE Y'ALL.  I got a number lock and made my combination 666 and I was a little scared to use it this morning (trauma) but all went well.  Victory.

Also my gym has apparently magically produced some BUMPER PLATES and I about fell over sideways when I saw them.  !!!!!!  I was actually able to deadlift at a nice light weight this morning thanks to the 25s - 5x5 at 95#, then 5x3 at 105#.  I'm going to have to recalculate my max for everything, I think, now that my bodyweight has dropped significantly. (126 -> 110 )  A BW DL for me isn't what it used to be, especially when I was up at 136...

The deadlifts felt really smooth and easy enough, but we'll see if I'm in traction tomorrow or something.

giphy.gif

• Like 6

20 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

started using google music, because I can upload my music to the cloud and then listen to it on my phone, without ads! (I don't use their radio thing)

This is also what I have, but I do use their radio thing, sometimes. It's ok! I'd say Pandora-level, maybe a touch less good at figuring out what I wanted to hear when I pushed the radio button. Once in a while I get an awesome radio queue that I end up saving, and it tends to recommend decent things. Not bad, not bad. (Mostly I put the google music things in a playlist along with some songs I uploaded myself and just shuffle that, but need new musics sometimes.)

16 minutes ago, ixaera said:

This is also what I have, but I do use their radio thing, sometimes. It's ok! I'd say Pandora-level, maybe a touch less good at figuring out what I wanted to hear when I pushed the radio button. Once in a while I get an awesome radio queue that I end up saving, and it tends to recommend decent things. Not bad, not bad. (Mostly I put the google music things in a playlist along with some songs I uploaded myself and just shuffle that, but need new musics sometimes.)

A while back, Google bought an online radio called Songza that I LOVED. Depending on the day of the week and time of day, they'd have different radio options like "waking up" or "working" or "unwinding" and each option would have like 4 different playlists that you could choose from for different musical tastes. It was great. Google integrated songza radio into the google radio/playlists thing that they have today, but the interface isn't as good and they never seem to have the same range of options that Songza did. T__T

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

36 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

A while back, Google bought an online radio called Songza that I LOVED. Depending on the day of the week and time of day, they'd have different radio options like "waking up" or "working" or "unwinding" and each option would have like 4 different playlists that you could choose from for different musical tastes. It was great. Google integrated songza radio into the google radio/playlists thing that they have today, but the interface isn't as good and they never seem to have the same range of options that Songza did. T__T

It's weird to me how narrow their radio stations feel, because I've never had a problem finding actual songs I'm looking for with their service. They have a lot, so I don't understand why the radio feels like it's playing the same old stuff all the time

• Like 2
1 hour ago, ixaera said:

It's weird to me how narrow their radio stations feel, because I've never had a problem finding actual songs I'm looking for with their service. They have a lot, so I don't understand why the radio feels like it's playing the same old stuff all the time

I feel with Google radio a lot depends on the actual station. For the kind of music I like to play, it's not very good at mixing up the playlist.

I have good Pandora stations, because I put a lot of time into customizing it. I'll get repeats, but it's still able to surprise me with really good bands I never listened to before.

• Like 3

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

15 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I have good Pandora stations, because I put a lot of time into customizing it. I'll get repeats, but it's still able to surprise me with really good bands I never listened to before.

I like to think of this as actual radio stations broadcasting from Pandora, the planet where the whole Borderlands franchise is set in.

• Like 4

Lvl 65 Multitasker

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I like to think of this as actual radio stations broadcasting from Pandora, the planet where the whole Borderlands franchise is set in.

In which case, there would be a whole lot of Cage the Elephant featured, methinks. 

• Like 5

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 8/1/2017 at 1:05 PM, zeroh13 said:

This is why I like Spotify, it'll suggest things for me I've never heard of, and I've found a lot of cool new music that way!

On 8/2/2017 at 4:47 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

This, this is why we're friends.  (Well I mean aside from all the rational reasons)  So who's the on-air personality, Handsome Jack??

U P D A T E S

Not a whole lot.  Awesome~

I think I'm coming down with some cold/allergy thing, so I've been sleeping like shit city, and have been taking nighttime cold meds that sometimes help me sleep but ALSO leave me super froggy in the morning so........ yeah, it's been a fun Zombieland couple of days.  I can't wait to get back into the gym on some sort of regular schedule.

LOOK here's a cute ninja lizard:

Goodness gracious he is so cute.

So we have a new store that's opened up here called ALDI - I'm sure you have probably heard of it maybe??, it's like.... uhh.... kind of a Costco, but smaller, and a little more nicer? Maybe? Anyway I went there last Friday and bought a bunch of stuff for SUPER CHEAP and one of the things was a heat-up teriyaki noodle bowl

The carbs in it

82g

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ate it yesterday and amazingly didn't fall asleep or die directly after so I'm thinking of picking up a few more for deadlift days.  MACROOOOOOS

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, shaar said:

I think I'm coming down with some cold/allergy thing, so I've been sleeping like shit city, and have been taking nighttime cold meds that sometimes help me sleep but ALSO leave me super froggy in the morning so........ yeah, it's been a fun Zombieland couple of days.  I can't wait to get back into the gym on some sort of regular schedule.

You have a fever and the only prescription is more carbs. You been losing weight lately, yes?

5 minutes ago, shaar said:

So we have a new store that's opened up here called ALDI - I'm sure you have probably heard of it maybe??, it's like.... uhh.... kind of a Costco, but smaller, and a little more nicer? Maybe? Anyway I went there last Friday and bought a bunch of stuff for SUPER CHEAP and one of the things was a heat-up teriyaki noodle bowl

Am I the only one who sees the Aldi sign and wants to call it Odie (like the dog from Garfield)?? 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

9 minutes ago, Urgan said:

You have a fever and the only prescription is more carbs. You been losing weight lately, yes?

MOAR CARBS!

It's steadied out at a solid 110# over the past month. I definitely haven't been slacking on the eating (looking at you, mini cheese pizzas from Aldi) but on the same hand it's real variable and some days I'm just - not - hungry

Interestingly enough in my research, one of the big side effects of ditching hormonal birth control is a reduction in appetite.  Everything makes SO MUCH SENSE NOW.

10 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Am I the only one who sees the Aldi sign and wants to call it Odie (like the dog from Garfield)?? 

Aaaaaand now I'm gonna do that, BRB going to Odie for more steamable sticky rice~

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, shaar said:

MOAR CARBS!

It's steadied out at a solid 110# over the past month. I definitely haven't been slacking on the eating (looking at you, mini cheese pizzas from Aldi) but on the same hand it's real variable and some days I'm just - not - hungry

Interestingly enough in my research, one of the big side effects of ditching hormonal birth control is a reduction in appetite.  Everything makes SO MUCH SENSE NOW.

Feel you on variable appetite. I have to make myself eat even when not hungry some days. Not to the point of being sick, but...ya know. This fitness ain't always the path paved by conventional wisdom. 

• Like 1

Aldi has made it across the pond now? They have some surprisingly good food in there sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

47 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

Aldi has made it across the pond now? They have some surprisingly good food in there sometimes.

29 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

There's been several in my area for the past 10+ years.

Not sure exactly how long they've been around here, but a few years now for sure.

On 8/3/2017 at 3:48 PM, zeroh13 said:

I vote for Torgue. And/or Tiny Tina.

How could I forget about Tiny Tina??!?!  That's an A++ choice too!  Maybe they could swap days.

23 hours ago, Big_Show said:

It seems real hit or miss! I've had some mini cheese pizzas from there that are just... well... hmhmhmhm.  

IT IS THE WEEKEND!!!!!!

\o/

I am ready for a more stable gym schedule next week, right, right??

So far I am feeling good except for having a stiff neck from sleeping wrong - ugh of course - took the tennis ball to it this morning and will maybe slap on a Tiger Balm patch if things don't improve.

We are taking a lunch excursion soon to go eat some delicious Mexican food~ ~ ~ ~ I'm going to get a quesadilla, BRING ME THE CHEESES OK.  And the chicken.  And green onions.  ... guacamole..... salsa.... ok I'll stop phew.

tumblr_inline_oglvv2v7ao1s2pnmk_500.gif

Hope everyone's weekends are going A W E S O M E !!

• Like 4

On 8/5/2017 at 9:18 AM, shaar said:

So far I am feeling good except for having a stiff neck from sleeping wrong - ugh of course - took the tennis ball to it this morning and will maybe slap on a Tiger Balm patch if things don't improve.

Ugh, I feel this. I had fixed my neck cricks by managing to untrain myself from sleeping on my belly. However, when i screwed up my back, sometimes it feels better to lay on my belly, cue re-training and more neck cricks UGH ugh

Spines are the worst invention

• Like 1
On 8/3/2017 at 4:52 PM, shaar said:

So who's the on-air personality, Handsome Jack??

Jack's a good candidate, given that a lot of the more colorful personalities (Tiny Tina, Mr. Torgue, Claptrap etc) are too intense and would function better in small doses. I could also see Moxxi or Sir Hammerlock on the mic. Here are some more ideas because why not turn it to 11? It's the Ranger way!

• Handsome Jack's Open Mic Night (Jack takes phonecalls from listeners and bashes them on air)
  • Tiny Tina's Thug Tunes (Gangsta rap and booty tunes, y'all)
  • Fantastic Beasts of Pandora and where to find them (Hunting stories and encyclopaedic stuff, narrated Natural Geographic style by Sir Hammerlock)
  • Moxxi's Madhouse (Everything from seductive soul tunes to free jazz improvisations and spaced out prog rock)
  • The Sport Report (Hosted by none other than Mr. Torgue)
  • Dear Diary (A deeply personal half hour with Dr. Patricia Tannis)
  • In between commercials done by Claptrap, Marcus, Dr. Zed, Krieg, Mr. Torgue and others
  • Like 2

Lvl 65 Multitasker

12 hours ago, ixaera said:

Ugh, I feel this. I had fixed my neck cricks by managing to untrain myself from sleeping on my belly. However, when i screwed up my back, sometimes it feels better to lay on my belly, cue re-training and more neck cricks UGH ugh

Spines are the worst invention

SPINES, GO TO HELL :[

Mine only ever happen when I wake up and I'm sleeping on my back, which is like, WHAT DO?, I never sleep like that and I'll try to readjust but then just wake up on my back again... body why you do

5 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Jack's a good candidate, given that a lot of the more colorful personalities (Tiny Tina, Mr. Torgue, Claptrap etc) are too intense and would function better in small doses. I could also see Moxxi or Sir Hammerlock on the mic. Here are some more ideas because why not turn it to 11? It's the Ranger way!

• Handsome Jack's Open Mic Night (Jack takes phonecalls from listeners and bashes them on air)
  • Tiny Tina's Thug Tunes (Gangsta rap and booty tunes, y'all)
  • Fantastic Beasts of Pandora and where to find them (Hunting stories and encyclopaedic stuff, narrated Natural Geographic style by Sir Hammerlock)
  • Moxxi's Madhouse (Everything from seductive soul tunes to free jazz improvisations and spaced out prog rock)
  • The Sport Report (Hosted by none other than Mr. Torgue)
  • Dear Diary (A deeply personal half hour with Dr. Patricia Tannis)
  • In between commercials done by Claptrap, Marcus, Dr. Zed, Krieg, Mr. Torgue and others

You

Are a blessing upon this planet

This is the best thing ever and hoo boy I totally forgot about SIR HAMMERLOCK, yes sign him up please. <3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

U P D A T E S

HOO BOY GUYS HERE WE GO

WHERE WE GOIN' SHAAR

SHIT CITY

tumblr_lt28sfPhKV1r4dytpo1_500.gif

So yesterday was the one year anniversary (deathaversary??) of Kerrigan's passing, and I realized in a sudden "oh fuckaroni" moment that it was a mere 24 hours before my the date of my dad's passing, today 12 years ago.  One right after the other HOO BOYO it seems I didn't put 2 and 2 together last year due to Sudden Stress and Trauma but here we are~

This combined with some outlying drama - friend of mine asked to hang out this weekend and then hung out with EVERYONE BUT ME hey ok cool BRB re-cultivating my Hedgehog's Dilemma - work drama that has nothing to do with me but I am also the epicenter of thanks to Management Position - mockingbirds are little bitches that pecked a small hole in my screen??? - it's a FULL MOON neato - just combined to make a cracked out Voltron of Depression and Saltiness so...... whee.

I called in to work today with zero ragrets and I am going to chill at home and isolate myself (marginally) - drink some rum & cokes - play video games.  OH and I'm having pizza for breakfast.  What a life~

I am really ready for this next forum Challenge, ready to go at it FIVE HUNDRED PERCENT Y'ALL

giphy.gif

• Like 4